Love and Peace is gonna rock so fuckin' hard live...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
Bono with his congas, his very own congas.....:drool:

to see Bono playing drums in person is worth the $165 ticket I paid for my first show in Chicago.

"my very own congas":lol:

Larry doesn't say much on camera, but whenever he does, it's still comical 20 years later.

It sounds good! Are the backing vocals pre-recorded I wonder? It'd be cool if Edge and Larry were doing it.

A bit of a macphisto "Why Thank you" at the start

I was listening to the San Diego version tonight, and my mom came over while this song was on. Her jaw dropped. "That sounds amazing!" she shouted. She made me start the song over so she could hear it from the beginning. :wink:

For the record, I agree with her. Live, this song does indeed rock.

Crucify me if you must, but could somebody explain to me the enthusiasm surrounding the live versions of the song, so far? I'm not trying to jump in and start screaming about how the song sucks (it's my favorite on the album, despite the often-obtuse lyrics) or anything, especially since ONLY TWO shows have thus far been played, but I feel like these two performances have been sort of....I don't know....hit-or-miss...?

The song sounds a bit sparse and Edge's "solo" at the end seems to come on pretty sloppily. Again, I'm not trying to say that the world is ending. I think that the song sounds OKAY live and I am sure that it will tighten up considerably...but wouldn't anybody else like for the song to be a bit "fuller," so to speak? For me, it suffers from the same things that the San Diego versions of "Bullet" and "The Fly" suffered from--they're just way too fucking clean. Nothing grimy. Too slick.

Again, though...that's just me. I've read a number of posts remarking how much people dug on the more laid-back "Bullet" solo and so forth.

So...like I started out saying...what is is about the live version of "Love and Peace" that's so riling everybody up? I just DON'T get it...!

Back
Top Bottom