Let's give the Tour's ginormous tent-thing a name! - The Claw...it's official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should the ginormous tent-thing be called?

• Total voters
Not guantaflope, it's too long and it sounds ridiculous.

Bomb shelter made sense. None of the names make sense.

I go for spaceship.

What about the Super Aggro Crag?

Let's go to Mo with the leaderboard...MO!
Nah-nah...nah-nah-nah-nah-nah! GUTS!
I loved that show when I was a little kid! :D

Oh wait, I have an animated version too.

bonocreepything2.gif
:ohmy:
:hyper:
All. Hail. THE BONOCRAB.
:rockon:

oh god... i think I am going to have nightmares...

that giant stage coming to life and Bono's head popping out the top with eyeliner coming to claw me and possibly eat me...:reject:
On the upside, we now know what the "skyscraper" thing on top of the stage is for. :wink:

Sorry guys...look on Willie's post on u2.com...it has already been named..................................The Claw

The Claw...it's official

See WIllie's diary on u2.com, as to the name of the new stage

I like to think that Willie took a look at this forum before unilaterally overriding any existing "Crab"-momentum. Am I a dreamer? Maybe. I don't think so. I'm just a poster that had an idea, a big idea, and I saw it trough. Am I disappointed? Not at all. Would I do it again? You bet ya. I'm just happy that "Crab" is gone and I'd like to thank those interferencers who voted for it ("Claw"), who truly showed that it was a good name. It came in 2nd place in our Poll, but I think that's because some were influenced by the "Crab"s headstart.

One thing which has made me laugh is that the stage design has already earned its nickname. Above the performing area is a huge four-legged structure that effectively straddles the football field, from which all the paraphernalia of the show is suspended (this in lieu of a roof, being outdoors and all.) I've been working on this, off and on, for about two and a half years now, having shown the band the first drawings whilst we were still on the Vertigo tour. During the evolution of the structure it has, at various times, come to resemble several different things; a dockyard crane, a cactus, a giant crab, the Theme Building at Los Angeles airport. It went very Louise Bourgeois for a while, then a little space age. In its final incarnation though, its sleek curves and four talon-like legs have been dubbed "The Claw", remembering the fairground machine from Toy Story. This really amused me, spawning a fantasy of it descending and grabbing members of the audience, all of whom, presumably, would have three eyes.

Total Cover-Up... dropping both the "Crab" and "Claw" names in the same text... the timing of it all... just so unlikely. Whoever came up with "The Claw" (I mean the Interference member who did) should be given some sort of award.

Total Cover-Up... dropping both the "Crab" and "Claw" names in the same text... the timing of it all... just so unlikely. Whoever came up with "The Claw" (I mean the Interference member who did) should be given some sort of award.

i agree

free gold member status perhaps?

The diary entry was posted on March 4th. That was way before that thread was posted. No awards for anyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom