KITE Appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, how could I comment on Kite without mentioning the 2nd verse. :bow: :bow: I would compare it to alot of John Lennon's lyrics where the words are simple, but have untold depth and beauty to them.

It's the song that gives more credit to the ones that accuse u2 of becoming safe in the 00's. Great vocal delivery by bono and nice pieces of guitar from the edge, but the song as a whole sounds like the packaged emotional rock usually done by bon jovi or brian adams... for the u2 standard, it's a very overrated song.

Best line: "I'm a maaaaaaa-aaaaaannn, I'm not a chi-i-ild" I just love feeling in that line!

I always think of reading somewhere a long time ago that a man doesn't really become a man until the day his Father dies. Has anyone else ever heard of this and put it together with this part of the song? The performance of this song at Slane was extremely emotional, ever notice Edge's face and the look on it?

boystupidboy said:

Spot on:up: A great, great song that deserves to be played live again (wish they did last nite) top quality:drool:

right-o! missed the last tour & only saw the slane dvd-----i'd love to see it live!

I like Kite a lot more than I do SYCMIOYO. I think its a better song.

I see SYCMIOYO as a "depressing, I wish you were here" song while Kite is a "Thanks for making me a man" song. I much prefer the latter

:heart: I wouldn't say this song is my favorite but it means more to me than just about any other U2 song. I listened to it over and over on my trip home to see my father for the last time. Thinking about the lyrics helped me to tell him it was okay for him to go. It was a very big deal for both of us... If I ever meet the boys I hope I can thank B. :)

:reject:

neutral said:
:heart: I wouldn't say this song is my favorite but it means more to me than just about any other U2 song. I listened to it over and over on my trip home to see my father for the last time. Thinking about the lyrics helped me to tell him it was okay for him to go. It was a very big deal for both of us... If I ever meet the boys I hope I can thank B. :)

:reject:

:sad: I'm in tears now:sad:

:yes: Beautiful song indeed but it definitely grew on me. One of my biggest pet peeves about this song has always been the last few lines...

The last of the rock stars
When hip hop drove the big cars
In the time when new media
Was the big idea
That was the big idea

(not the most inspired lyrics). :slant:

Back
Top Bottom