Kardinia Park, Geelong, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I take it I'm the only person really excited that the National Library of New Zealand has digitised the Appendices to the Journals of the House of Representatives, 1861-76?

... yeeeaaahhhh.

Haha, not quite, but it gives me heaps of time to look at other stuff!

For the only time in my life, I was bad and trick or treated as an adult. I'll only regret the decision if any of my candy is poisoned. Sadly, it rained this year, so it was a slightly crummy trick or treat (can't say Halloween cause that's not til tomorrow). Handing out candy for my mom's neighborhood Trick or Treat. Love it!

Haha, not quite, but it gives me heaps of time to look at other stuff!

Hooray!

For the only time in my life, I was bad and trick or treated as an adult. I'll only regret the decision if any of my candy is poisoned. Sadly, it rained this year, so it was a slightly crummy trick or treat (can't say Halloween cause that's not til tomorrow). Handing out candy for my mom's neighborhood Trick or Treat. Love it!

Did that happen this year...?

I thought there was some unwritten rule that you should only accept lollies in wrappers, to reduce the threat of poisoning, but I suppose there's no reason someone couldn't wrap them back up again after tampering with them. Does that sort of thing happen a lot?

Hhaha I have no idea lol, it's just the #1 rule to check that your candy is properly wrapped and throw away anything suspicious. Never take apples.

We used to go trick-or-treating quite a bit when we were kids, it was quite a big thing. I mean come on, free sweets (and the occasional bit of fruit which would be quickly discarded). But when I left NZ, no one really seemed to do it anymore.

But as previously mentioned, any opportunity for drunkenness is ok by me!

Hhaha I have no idea lol, it's just the #1 rule to check that your candy is properly wrapped and throw away anything suspicious. Never take apples.

?! What kind of sick freak hands out apples for Trick or Treat?? That'd be worth a trick, I reckon. Fancy expecting tasty lollies and getting fruit... bah. *L*

We used to go trick-or-treating quite a bit when we were kids, it was quite a big thing. I mean come on, free sweets (and the occasional bit of fruit which would be quickly discarded). But when I left NZ, no one really seemed to do it anymore.

But as previously mentioned, any opportunity for drunkenness is ok by me!

Never used Halloween as an excuse for drinking, myself, although some friends of mine did attend a thing called "Fangtasia" last night, which was obviously a vampire/undead themed Halloween event. What amused me was the fact that it was hosted by an Irish pub.

I never went Trick-or-Treating myself (parents were too paranoid), but I have a dim memory of some kids coming to our door when I was a kid. There seemed less of it as I got older... although that may be because we moved to a house with a fairly inaccessible front door when we went to C'maine.

Actually, I think I remember my mum saying one year that she wasn't going to prepare any lollies, since hardly any kids were doing Trick or Treat any more.

Maybe it's making a come-back now?

Danny - or at least Outkast - was on when I went into a K Mart today.

I'd forgotten that I really don't like Hey Ya. :shh:

Seriously, that is one of the best things on the Internet.

If funny cat videos/pictures/captions/etc didn't exist on the internet, I'd probably never use it.

Axver said:
Danny - or at least Outkast - was on when I went into a K Mart today.

I'd forgotten that I really don't like Hey Ya. :shh:

You just made the list.

That other song they did about Mrs. Jackson was pretty awesome though. Memorable.

Well I don't mind the one where one group was performing in the school and eh looked funny and then these TUFF!11!1 guize were knocking over letterboxes while in cars and they looked hella angry and then they busted the performance and then there was a fight and then I laughed at the teacher and then it was fun.

You just made the list.

The three Outkast songs I knew before DI were Hey Ya, Roses, and Ms Jackson, all of which I disliked since I first heard them (especially Roses, which I hate). And the others that I've heard in DI, although better, have just bored me. I don't quite get your boner for them, but each to their own. :shrug:

Shame about the stupid title.

(I totally judge things on that. You have no idea how often I've made decisions on what band or album to listen to on the basis of how good or bad the name is. Too much music out there that you have to make irrational judgements!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom