Kaikoura, Te Wai Pounamu, Aotearoa (Kia Kaha, Aroha to all) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.

We could go with when the airport cops rumbled us or when my landlord walked in. Both caused me to laugh because I had little choice other than to go find a box to hide in (ideally to the left to the left, everything you own in a box to the left).

I mean it hasn't been a long time, but it sure hasn't been short of things to help the site's traffic.

Oh and fun. That one in particular.

Do go on about this peculiar concept of fun. I am not entirely sure I am currently familiar with it.

Mine were ending in super stress.

I'm still not entirely accustomed to not ending my evenings by thinking about job applications.

I'm still trying to comprehend the reality of completing university and realising I really need to get the CVs/portfolios going.

I'm still trying to comprehend the reality of completing university and realising I really need to get the CVs/portfolios going.

I love trying to explain academic CVs to people because you basically do everything you're told not to do in CVs for everything else.

Like I know one professor whose "brief" CV is 24 pages long.

I'm honestly so glad I had the Superthread during that year. There wasn't much else redeeming about it.

It's a good thing while it lasts, however spasmodic that may be nowadays. I definitely get more out of this sort of thing than I do out of other forms of Internet communication. Twitter's been great while I've been on it, for instance, but I can't say I've made the sort of strong connections I've made here.

It's a good thing while it lasts, however spasmodic that may be nowadays. I definitely get more out of this sort of thing than I do out of other forms of Internet communication. Twitter's been great while I've been on it, for instance, but I can't say I've made the sort of strong connections I've made here.

Well we do generally have to deal with actual life at times which kinda pulls the time down on here. I know that I basically ghost the place when I'm in relationships as I'm trying to be emotionally "there" although really I might as well have not bothered lol.

Twitter and Facebook have been savers. I've met a lot of good people there too, but nobody I'd say things like I said earlier tonight to.

This site has built some good relationships for me. One that nobody sees on here but it a strong friendship with someone I deeply respect, even though we only talk on Facebook now. Then more than a few more sporadic ones, and this thread.

I was annoyed at getting banned more for losing this thread than FYM.

I think sometimes I've kept this thread going through force of will, even at times when I haven't cared. That's been for the better at times, and the worse at others, but it's still chugging. I just have my usual places that I check in now and then, and this is one of them.

Also my sort-of-mate from high school just shared a "Schoolies for Jesus" thing. Oh dear.

Emphasis on the "sort-of" there.

I think sometimes I've kept this thread going through force of will, even at times when I haven't cared. That's been for the better at times, and the worse at others, but it's still chugging. I just have my usual places that I check in now and then, and this is one of them.

I think we're silly to admit most original members didn't get a bit of a life experience out of here. No point giving up if the medium is there, even if at times it doesn't matter.

I'd personally turn "sort-of" into"...who?"

Honestly I just feel bad for the guy. He's a hyper-fundamentalist Christian - seriously, he's right off in the deep end, this isn't me bashing somebody for being religious - and cannot admit to himself that he's gay despite the fact I've never met a more gay man. I grew up with the guy, I know all about his attractions to men and his total lack of interest in women. And this has actually destroyed his life. He's unhappy and stuck in a go-nowhere job, awaiting divine revelation and believing that the longer he waits the more likely it is to strike him and turn his life around tomorrow.

What he really needs is to just be honest with himself about who he is and what he wants to be. Every time I catch up with him it's more depressing than the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom