June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All packed up and heading out the door, will be on freeway no later than 5:40am.

Should be able to get up there no later than 8:30 so will see everyone very soon. Gonna be a very fun filled day and night!

-- Corianderstem .. I will call you around 7:30-8am or so to get an update on how things are going.

545am. In line. More people here than any other show so far.

I'm awake and feeling good. Everyone else, not so much... lol

Attachments

• image-3414484715.jpg
    image-3414484715.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image-511944717.jpg
    image-511944717.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 39
Thanks Amy :)

Line guys just went through and renumbered based on who was here.

I went from 106 to 95

Line just moved closer to stadium. Looks like the usual GA rules will apply and we will not be gated in.

Hope the pictures look ok. The sun is just barely making it over some buildings.

Attachments

• image-807594800.jpg
    image-807594800.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 37
  • image-1564446919.jpg
    image-1564446919.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image-683517387.jpg
    image-683517387.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 38
So excited!!! Leaving in a couple of hours to try and beat the bball crowd!! This is already on the news this morning it's Kiro 7 lead story !Crowd control downtown today!! 20,000 baseball fans and 60000 U2 fans!! Yeah baby!! Show is not sold out :( Almost!
:hyper::hyper::hyper: See all you great people in the crowd!!!:wave:

Did not know I was having lunch with THE Thora from interference yesterday!

Saw her in the line this morning.

Attachments

• image-2471329487.jpg
    image-2471329487.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 38
So yeah, I'm not there. Was number 46 yesterday. Hit my "exhaustion wall" around 9 last night, but then thought I had a second wind. By the time I got home, I was so over-tired that I couldn't sleep. Then I got sick ( I only had one drink all night, I swear).

So yeah. I'm not in the line.

BUT. It'll be okay. I'm going to try and go down early (zomg traffic!) and see everyone in line before they condense it, and go in at 5. If I can't scope out a good spot in the pit or outer rail, I'll hang in the back, where I know some friends will be.

This happened to me in Vegas as well in 09, and I had an amazing time at the concert, so I'm confident it'll be awesome tonight, too.

Just really disappointed I'm missing out on the line experience, and hanging out with all my friends.

But yay, U2. :) And it's a gorgeous day. I'm sure I'll feel more chipper after some toast and a shower, and will feel ready to go down there.

GA Lilne

Can anyone confirm how many people are in line right now, and also, what the rules are? Looks like they aren't letting people into the Plaza yet, anyone know when that will occur and what you will be allowed/not allowed to bring in?

THANKS! See you all around 10:30am!!

Oh no.... sorry Cori you aren't feeling up to par :( Poor thing, I know you were looking forward to that! You have the right attitude though, go with the flow! I was thinking that last night, I don't know how people can party the night before since concert day is a marathon of endurance. I hope you feel better soon! The sun helps doesn't it?

Can anyone confirm how many people are in line right now, and also, what the rules are? Looks like they aren't letting people into the Plaza yet, anyone know when that will occur and what you will be allowed/not allowed to bring in?

THANKS! See you all around 10:30am!!

I thought the line was around 200, but someone on Facebook think it's up to 300. I was under the impression that the line was on the plaza? Maybe it's just near it. I'm just judging on pictures all my friends are posting on FB. :(

Thanks, Jeannie. I'm seriously bummed. Right now I'm feeling like I'm going to try and get moving to try and get there between 1-2, and will come down and hang with everyone. Will try and come find you to say hi!

I don't know how much of the Qwest lot is open, but I know it's going to be expensive. Remember that one of the Starbucks garages should be open starting mid-afternoon, maybe 2 or so. It's a bit of a ways to walk, but it'll be a cheaper (?) option.

I know tonight will still be fun. I'm mostly just bummed that I'm not hanging with all my friends right now. In the sun.

Holy crap. I didn't know Seattle would be such a "long line" place.

I'm going to be there around 1-2 and will hang out. See you then.

They moved us from outside the parking lot to a area by the NE corner at around 7:15am but the line goes back and forth on the north side.

I was wondering how they were going to zig-zag the line.

Glad to hear the rumors about potential line BS were false. Hopefully the wristbanding and whatnot goes smoothly.

Actually that was what we all heard but they just changed plans since there was too many of us to completely let in the pavilion. We did not need to show tickets. Wristbanding us around 12noon - 1pm then chairs away at 3pm. They want to let us in at 4:45pm.

Nice day for it! (Consider this a thread subscription.)

Big Ireland match in Macedonia today, European Championship qualifier, kicks off 12-30pm Seattle time. Wonder if this would influence U2's flight plans, assuming they're not in town already.

Wristbanding at 1! Cool. Hope that stays the plan, that'll make it so much easier.

(And means I won't beat you all in if I waltz up to the NW gates at 5. :wink: )

Well this is my first concert and I'm super psyched. I got seat tickets so there's no need for me to show up early for the GA line up. What time should I get there? Again, this is my first concert so I have no idea.

If you have seats you can obviously arrive anytime you like.

But it depends if you want to hang out around the stadium, savour the building atmosphere, check out the scene. I think it's always nice to soak up the big concert vibe - especially if it's your first! Or you can just waltz in around 8:50pm, see U2 and leave immediately after.

You're gonna have a magic time regardless!

I'm guessing 7:30pm. But it could be a bit earlier or later depending on the local curfew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom