June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 tribute band playing at Leon Brigham Field north of Space Needle... walking down to field now. Going to kill time and listen before sunset hits Seattle. Who are these guys? I wish I knew since I'm not up on tribute bands... but they are rehersing some stuff now. Nice!

So hi everyone - I've been spying for some time and have finally decided it was about time to say hello and join in the fun! Can't wait for Saturday, or better yet tomorrow! So about the "line"... Joe indicates he's not managing the line and won't be in until tomorrow evening. That's a big loss for us, BUT, this may sound completely crazy but my husband and I are somewhat tempted to dive in and try to start the line. Can't believe I'm saying this. We aren't able to head down until about 5 tomorrow so if there's no line at that point we may start one. We will not be at O and T (not too much fun for a girl who's six months pregnant) but if we do this we will want some re-enforcements as the night progresses. Will folks come down and join us?
Cheers!

So hi everyone - I've been spying for some time and have finally decided it was about time to say hello and join in the fun! Can't wait for Saturday, or better yet tomorrow! So about the "line"... Joe indicates he's not managing the line and won't be in until tomorrow evening. That's a big loss for us, BUT, this may sound completely crazy but my husband and I are somewhat tempted to dive in and try to start the line. Can't believe I'm saying this. We aren't able to head down until about 5 tomorrow so if there's no line at that point we may start one. We will not be at O and T (not too much fun for a girl who's six months pregnant) but if we do this we will want some re-enforcements as the night progresses. Will folks come down and join us?
Cheers!

I will come, my posse will too!! We will be in town at about 10pm and are going straight to the fields.. and them it is game on!!!

Sweet! Assuming security or SPD doesn't kick us off the street, I'm assuming the best place to line-up will be along King Street (running east/west). We'll be down there to check it out for sure. Beware though, our phones are technologically challenged so I may not be able to relay information. I know I'll be wearing my grey U2 "future needs a big kiss" shirt. (assuming I can fit it over my prego belly!) How hard will it be to find U2 fans!!!

Cheers!

Sounds great! Really appreciate you taking the initiative. Our posse will happily provide reinforcements as well. By the way, this is my first post. Sure pumped to be at the concert with you all on Saturday. Good times ahead!!!

anyone in seattle wanna meet up tonight? If you want you could just chill at our room at he courtyard marriott downtown.

Have fun tonight! I'm going to try to get some shut eye so that I can make it through the next 48 hours. Just checked the weather again and it's still supposed to be 75! Crazy.

Sounds great! Really appreciate you taking the initiative. Our posse will happily provide reinforcements as well. By the way, this is my first post. Sure pumped to be at the concert with you all on Saturday. Good times ahead!!!

Yay new people, hope we all get a chance to meet. I'll see y'all tomorrow night!:wave: I'm so EXCITED:dancing:

Marzidog I hope you have a comfortable set up, wouldn't want you sitting on concrete all day :)

Oof, I'm already exhausted. Good lord.

Killing Bono was just okay.

Claw is awesome. Talked to some guy filming a movie, he filmed me and Cathal, and then I ended up singing the first verse of Out of Control on film. :lol: Awesome.

See you all tomorrow or whenever! Trying not to think of anything, just going to show up tomorrow with my car full of crap for GA and go with whatever flow there is.

:)

anyone else wearing their canucks jerseys...?

Hell yeah!! :rockon: I'll have my blue Luongo jersey on. :)

Oof, I'm already exhausted. Good lord.

:lol: Pretty much!

Great to meet up with a bunch of you guys tonight at Killing Bono then at the pub afterward. Looking forward to seeing the rest of you tomorrow night (well, technically tonight, since it's after midnight) and on Saturday!! :D

Okay, this is sort of last-minute: but does anyone have a RZ1 ticket to the Seattle show that they'd be willing to part with? I have a buddy that would wanna go along with me to the show.

Also, as a side-note: is there anybody else out there going solo via Redzone to the Seattle show? I'm hoping to avoid that situation by getting an extra ticket. But in case I have no luck, it'd be great to have someone to hang with in the same situation. Let me know: the more, the merrier! :)

Last edited:
4a. Sitting outside waiting for the shuttle.

I'm a morning person, but oh gawd it's early.

How am I suppose to go to classes today and take anything serious?!?!?!... is 6pm here yet?? As Cori would say.... ZOMG ZOMG, ZOMG, ZOMG, ZOMG, ZOMG, ZOMG, ZOMG ZOMG!!!!!! :heart::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::drool::drool::drool::drool::doh:

I am so excited for this day!!! Yeah. My two boys were up until 11pm blasting U2 in the house - packing for the journey. I will be heading down from Bellingham directly to the Stadium in about an hour.

I am looking forward to this show. Kingdom is gone and the claw rises from the ashes. The sound will be amazing. :applaud:

Actually I'm kind feeling the pull to want to go join already...but I can't, have too many other things planned before tomorrow morning. Besides, if I go wear myself out NOW then I won't have energy for the real fun tomorrow, right?

At the airport way early. Couldn't sleep because of unbelievable smoke from a fire in AZ that has made its way hundreds of miles to my state. I thought the fire was like on the edge of town or something.

Typing on the iPad is stressing me out even more.

i'm actually showering up at the hotel now. then will check out pike place. but a few others are over there. no staying in place requirements for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom