June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this show hasn't sold out??? I just looked at ticketmaster and you can still get 2 seats on the second level :|
I thought this was going to be a sell out.

I think it is pretty much sold out. When I tried getting tickets a couple of months ago the only place I could get two adjacent tickets was at the top at the other end of the stadium. They might have released some extra tickets now just before the concert to annoy ticket scalpers - they did so in Europe last year.

I ended up buying VIP tickets :hyper:

The sound transit site says there is no parking at the Tukwila stop, which is what I was thinking of doing.

Is there parking or paid parking there?

I thought it was free there like a park and ride. Some of my colleagues that live down south do that on game day. I will ask again if there is a lot there for free. I was thinking it was like a park and ride lot. Dang it.
Well, we might just drive down early now and just park.

It shouldn't be too bad around 11am. Plus after the show the thought of taking the train back and then driving all they way back up doesn't appeal to me. So we will just dish out the dough to park downtown I guess.

:like: Who's sleeping in the jacuzzi?

:lol: precisely what I was thinking. Jacuzzi fits 2 people, bed fits 3, sofa another 2. $800 for a suite for 7 people, still not bad.

It's just so freaking expensive... I shall depend on the mercy of some people to let me use their bathrooms. :shifty:
ahem, just remember who played chauffeur and took some people for a BK run and Denny's run in Denver?? :wink:

Just so you all know who you are talking with, here is my mug from when I went to the Police concert in NYC 2 years ago.

t6701.jpg

:lol: precisely what I was thinking. Jacuzzi fits 2 people, bed fits 3, sofa another 2. $800 for a suite for 7 people, still not bad.

It's just so freaking expensive... I shall depend on the mercy of some people to let me use their bathrooms. :shifty:
ahem, just remember who played chauffeur and took some people for a BK run and Denny's run in Denver?? :wink:

yes, if someone here will be so kind to let us your bathroom, I will be your BFF. Of course I could just walk a couple of blocks to the Courtyard. :wink:

It may be rainy* on Friday - I've seen a couple of varying forecasts.

*"rainy" in Seattle could mean overcast with occasional bits of drizzle and periods of blinding sun. So don't panic quite yet.

You know, there are bars and restaurants right around there which would probably let you use their restrooms. If we're talking about using the bathroom just to use the bathroom (as opposed to dressing/doing hair/Dan curling his eyelashes), there are other options.

There's one right between the lobby and restaurant at the Silver Cloud, and I usually can walk right into F. X. McRory's, which is right across from the stadium and has bathrooms right by the door. And then, like, 18 other bars right around there.

I think my head just might burst from trying to take in 53 pages of scanned forum talk (my own damn fault for not doing this sooner!) but I definitely learned alot (thanks everyone). If possible I am even more excited for this than I was.

Suppose I'll introduce myself too...I'm Natalie! I'm coming up alone, leaving right after the show (like at 12:30) to catch a bus so I'll be back in time for my brother's high school graduation. But no matter....anything for a U2 show.

This will be my first concert alone :)huh:), my second U2 show (saw them once on the Vertigo tour, had seats, was the best experience of my entire life), and my first GA experience. Unless I come into unexpected wealth, this will be it for me on this tour, until they hit the road again. I'm really, really excited. U2 GA is bucket-list level for me. (Though U2 GA during Zoo TV is actual bucket list but that's impossible, so next best thing!) So...I'm also really certain I am going to eff this up, because I'm so excited.

Just...to clarify. Numbering will likely begin the night before, but not at Qwest, rather around? To keep an eye on that...is there also a twitter to check for locations? I'm just worried I'll get to my hostel and they won't have internet and I won't be able to check interference and have to try and get internet on my crappy phone that will only ever load twitter and facebook. (I am clearly *not* stressing about this :|)

And...am I committing some kind of faux paux by even asking? You all are so...awesome. Dedicated. Here I am stumbling into your conversation demanding to know your secrets...sorry. haha.

If I'm not :D I'd really love to meet some fans, but I don't think I'll make it to the O&T (my hostel is stumbling distance from Qwest and wandering the streets of downtown Seattle by my lonesome isn't my priority lol)...so if I don't see you before, I hope I get the chance to meet some of you seemingly awesome folk in line the next day.

:wave: Natalie

(I'll stop writing my novel now lol)

I think my head just might burst from trying to take in 53 pages of scanned forum talk (my own damn fault for not doing this sooner!) but I definitely learned alot (thanks everyone). If possible I am even more excited for this than I was.

Suppose I'll introduce myself too...I'm Natalie! I'm coming up alone, leaving right after the show (like at 12:30) to catch a bus so I'll be back in time for my brother's high school graduation. But no matter....anything for a U2 show.

This will be my first concert alone :)huh:), my second U2 show (saw them once on the Vertigo tour, had seats, was the best experience of my entire life), and my first GA experience. Unless I come into unexpected wealth, this will be it for me on this tour, until they hit the road again. I'm really, really excited. U2 GA is bucket-list level for me. (Though U2 GA during Zoo TV is actual bucket list but that's impossible, so next best thing!) So...I'm also really certain I am going to eff this up, because I'm so excited.

Just...to clarify. Numbering will likely begin the night before, but not at Qwest, rather around? To keep an eye on that...is there also a twitter to check for locations? I'm just worried I'll get to my hostel and they won't have internet and I won't be able to check interference and have to try and get internet on my crappy phone that will only ever load twitter and facebook. (I am clearly *not* stressing about this :|)

And...am I committing some kind of faux paux by even asking? You all are so...awesome. Dedicated. Here I am stumbling into your conversation demanding to know your secrets...sorry. haha.

If I'm not :D I'd really love to meet some fans, but I don't think I'll make it to the O&T (my hostel is stumbling distance from Qwest and wandering the streets of downtown Seattle by my lonesome isn't my priority lol)...so if I don't see you before, I hope I get the chance to meet some of you seemingly awesome folk in line the next day.

You driving up from Portland? (I am driving up alone so far, early saturday, if interested in carpooling)

I would rather not go alone, since I am GA as well. Could split costs.

You and Alma are of course welcome to use our bathroom. :D
Thank you! :)

Suppose I'll introduce myself too...I'm Natalie!

:wave: Hi Natalie and welcome to the forum! Most likely there will be someone keeping watch of the line, if not a whole slew of people camping out... :D so they should be easy to spot. Depending on QWest security, they may be allowed on the stadium grounds (highly unlikely, but possible) or around the stadium. Sometimes people may tweet about the location of the line, sometimes they're announced in this forum. What time are you going to reach Seattle? If you can't find the line, maybe you can stop by the O&T on Friday night, you don't even have to stay for the whole show, because there will be some people walking over to the stadium to get numbers after the show and you can tag along. :)

and pdxracer, nice shot of you at the Times Square! :D

Hi Natalie! Awesome that you're coming!

A few of us are on Twitter, so you could always check in with one of us through that, and we can let you know where the lineup is or whatever. I don't know if Qwest Field has a twitter account. If they do, maybe they'll mention something about GA lineups, but it would probably be easier just to be in touch with one of us, since we'd be more likely to actually respond. :)

Leave it to Kathie to get excited about the bars. :D I'm sure we will find you a good bloody mary somewhere.

You know, there are bars and restaurants right around there which would probably let you use their restrooms. If we're talking about using the bathroom just to use the bathroom (as opposed to dressing/doing hair/Dan curling his eyelashes), there are other options.

:lol:

:wave: Hi Natalie! I'm sure the lineup will be either at the stadium or just outside the fence. I will be in contact with cori that day and will be tweeting. (I feel bad for non craichead followers and Facebook friends).

< the link is over there. And Iris is right, U2 GA lines are great! I've met awesome people there.

If I'm not :D I'd really love to meet some fans, but I don't think I'll make it to the O&T (my hostel is stumbling distance from Qwest and wandering the streets of downtown Seattle by my lonesome isn't my priority lol)

The Owl & Thistle is only five blocks away from the staduim. Completely walkable and safe, Pioneer Square is usually crowded with people going to the bars and clubs down there. Google the address before you go for directions. We'd love to see ya down there. :D

Cheers,
Dawn

PS, I'm counting down the days with a U2 concert shirt a day; this is day 3 for me. I'm on my Dublin 360 grey shirt with the boys on front.:heart::heart::heart:

And thanks to Cori for posting pics of the stage in pieces! I almost wandered down after Folklife, but I was drained after the entire weekend at the festival.

I may have to drop by after work one of these days to see what's happening down at Qwest Field....

Are you by chance staying at City Hostel on 2nd Ave? That's where I'm staying, so if you want a buddy to walk with to/from O&T (and/or to scope out the GA line), let me know. I'm traveling alone also.

I went crazy last night looking for my ticket only to realize I already packed it like a week ago. :crazy:

corianderstem said:
If we're talking about using the bathroom just to use the bathroom (as opposed to dressing/doing hair/Dan curling his eyelashes), there are other options.

Hey! They are naturally long and curly!

Sunscreen !! We are gonna need sunscreen - the forecast us now - 76 and clear sunny - for those driving here be aware - Seattle is the only place that I'm aware of that will have traffic reports that will include "sunshine slow-slowdowns"

I'm trying to convince my DH to drive downtown to Qwest Field to see what's what there and take some pictures and scout out the parking situation(s)
Otherwise I'm going to have take the car from him and just drive myself!! But it's better to do the commute thing.

4 days!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper: I can't believe it's only 4 days!! :hyper:
Ya, pictures of the Claw in progress would be awesome!

Ya, it does look like we are going to hit the jackpot on the weather! It's the most spectacular place when it's clear blue skies and the mountains are out! OMG, what a welcome for the band! That would be fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom