June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I could be helpful! :)

And thank you all for putting up with my crazypants stressed out :panic: over the past week and though the upcoming week.

:wink:

You crazypants? No me Crazypants! Stressing about RZ instructions and emails and where to go bla bla bla...why the stress? I would be even worse though with reg. GA! I must admit. Just reading about the logistics you guys are going through is making me sweat. Oh wait... damn that's just a hotflash. :lol:

Next week is going to be hard to focus on anything. :hyper:

didn't I just leave this party?

Attachments

• image-1193514317.jpg
    image-1193514317.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 17
Every forecast I've seen has shown something different ...... but I think they all show Saturday as sunny!

But it says the line will be at the NE Gate for "priority entrance." I hope that means we'll get a chance to get our wristbands before anyone who moseys in "after 5" at the NW and SW gates has a chance to get a wristband.

Which reminds me, in Denver I just walked in the first entrance I got to. There was no GA line so I figured everyone was already inside. Once I got inside I saw the actual GA line still piling in, in a relatively early stage. I unknowingly got in waaaaaay before all those people who had been waiting in line all day. My sister was freaked out by the idea of GA to begin with and just wanted to hang in the back and that was cool with me, but now that I am going to be waiting all day in an actual GA line I say beware the multiple entrances!!

Like I said, I got my wristband and waltzed on to the GA floor way ahead of the GA line simply by walking into the first entrance I got to, assuming the GA folks were already inside. No questions asked. I don't know what time it was exactly but definitely after 5. (Not to stress you out even more! But there are so many variables.)

I just thought of a question

When you get your number, is it a stamp or wristband?

Which leads to, when you get your number, do you need to stay in line all morning and day? If I get there at 9am or so, and get my number, am I then free to go roam around downtown for a bit, and be back to get my place in line? (Do people line back up in the order they got their number, or is it first come first serve depending on when you get in line, as long as you have a number)

Normally, the line starts the day before the show. In some cases you can just walk in get a number and leave. There will be a designated time the day of the show for you to show up by to keep your spot, usually between 5 and 7am. From that time you need to stay in line. Obviously you can leave to go to the bathroom and even pick stuff up to eat. But you need to hang there most of the time.

if the line turns out to be a giant cluster, I am going to leave and come back when the gates officially open for GA entry and just deal with whatever spot I get.

Yeah, I might be with you.

But I don't know what my threshhold of "giant cluster" is to make me bag the whole thing. :wink:

When you get your number, is it a stamp or wristband?

The numbers are given out by whoever is running the line outside. The wristband is given out by the stadium staff, usually after they've checked your ticket, and is what gives you access to the field.

I'm gonna make everyone hold hands and sing, and then a giant rainbow cloud is going to transport us into the stadium in order.

Yeah, I might be with you.

But I don't know what my threshhold of "giant cluster" is to make me bag the whole thing. :wink:

for me it will be whatever they experienced at the Rose Bowl.

and if I start hearing mumblings of "I don't know what is going on!" ,
"There is another line that someone started at the other gate entrance" , "What the fuck is this mess?!" I am walking over to the cheesecake bakery and waiting. :wink:

Even if it's a wee cluster, maybe I'll stick it out and see where we end up inside. And if it's all effed up and there are no good spots to be found*, then I guess I'll just go in the back.

*and really, that doesn't seem very likely, unless somehow we aren't allowed to enter until 7:00. :lol:

My goal is that no matter how :panic: I get, that I won't let it bring me down. Because, you know, I'm still getting to see a U2 concert. With friends. :)

My goal is that no matter how :panic: I get, that I won't let it bring me down. Because, you know, I'm still getting to see a U2 concert. With friends. :)

:hi5:

THIS.

I'm trying so hard not to get all anxious about it all, but that's just my nature. I have to keep reminding myself that no matter what, we're going to see an awesome show. :D

I'm not much of a control freak in my everyday life, but the mere thought of GA brings it out of me. I don't like having so many unknowns.

I'm very much a control freak. :crack: Unknowns freak me out, so it's good for me to attempt to go with the flow and hope like hell it doesn't mess with my mind too much. :lol:

Hey Cori! I love your OCD... just like mine!! I hope we can finally meet since this is the 2nd concert I have interference with you... lol... I will be getting up to Seattle from Vancouver wa at about 3am... we are going to check out and see if the line is started if so, I will be staying in the line and send my friend to check into our hotel... we are staying at the Ace... I am hoping it is pouring down rain until at leaSt 3 am. Lmao... and there is no line except for the line master... ha... then of course said fUn can go away. Or my perfect scenario is get wrist bands and number and be allowed to leave and told to come back at 8 am for a fun filled day with GA'ers... in BC in Oct 09 I GOT THERE at 4 am and was 144 in line.. that was a great day.... so fun... we had to stay though, we could legs for food water that sort of thing, then everyone stared getting in number order at about 330 pm then stood in line to go in at 545... I got in the inner circle at the inner ring.. on Adams side but I could have had front row .. I was so glad I got right there... I could see the entire stage, and they played a lot on the ring... with in 5 feet of me, Adam even winked at me as i screamed like a lil 12 year old at a Justin Bieber concert... lol I am completely excited to are lenny k. I have been trying to see him for 5 years!! I kind of want to be front row just for that... he moves me... so how to get numbers? Texts? Facebook? I wish we could go to own and thistle on Friday!! But, we are going to dele in Portland thY moby then are beat meeting it to Seattle... can't wait to SEE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD.... AGAIN.... find me on FB CARMEN WESTRE Vancouver wa. Peace! 7 days! 7 days!!

:lol:

My reaction was ".... wow, she's excited or something."

I got to the Vancouver GA line about 5:30, and was surprised they hadn't started letting people in yet. My friend who I was meeting got there about the same time, so luckily we weren't outside in the drizzle for too long.

Edit: I forgot to add a note to my FB friend request. If you see a friend request come though from an Alicia, that's me. :)

The one thing I've learned about planning for GA is that you can't really plan for GA. You just have to take it as it comes. It always seems to work out okay in the end. The aforementioned Rose Bowl was an epic clusterfuck, but I pretty much forgot about that by the time the band came on stage.

Oh, and bring sunscreen. Even when the forecast says thunder storms. It inevitably won't rain, and you'll end up burnt. :| And earplugs. Never forget earplugs. My ears are still ringing from the SLC show!

I just got some better ear plugs, the kind that are made for music, because I hate how the regular ear plugs just muffle everything.

I don't tend to feel like I need them for outdoor shows, but I'll have them just in case. I'll add spare "regular" ear plugs to my list of things to bring.

along with sunscreen!

For me, people screaming in my ears is way worse than the loudness of the music. I always end up with a high-pitched screamer right behind me, and without earplugs, it's just painful.

^^ what kind of ear plugs do you recommend? Are they pricey and where do you get them? I hate the thought of using them at a U2 show, but I am going to be close to that ring of speakers under the main stage in the red zone so not sure how my ear drums will react. People in the pit must get blown out! :lol::hyper:

I got some from earpeace.com, and they were $15.

Haven't tried them yet, but some other folks from Interference recommended them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom