July 19,2010- East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the Hampton Inn on Patterson Plank road? I called the hotel and they told me that it was about a 10 minute walk to the stadium - I assumed it was walkable.
Thanks Shawn I'll check out the Fairfield and Residence Inn as well.

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn this time around. I'm planning on driving to the stadium, even though it's only a hop and a skip away. I need a rental car anyway to get from Newark Airport to the Meadowlands.

If I remember from last September, a huge wall of vegetation separates Patterson Plank Road and the sports complex. So it may very well be impossible to walk from the Hampton Inn to the stadium.

I haven't been back to Jersey since September.

Does anyone know how much they will charge for parking at the new stadium?

hello everyone!

I go to new york from France this summer for see this show and I want to make a multicam HD!

I created a group on facebook for centralize everything those go to this show:

U2 360° New-York (East Rutherford) Multicam HD | Facebook

if you go to this show joins us to help me to make a great memory!! I need Every seconde, every minutes of your film!

After the show, you receive on facebook, the instructions to share your video and détails to download the multicam (free)

You can wrote on the wall the equipment you use for film this show (ex: Panasonic TZ7, TZ10, canon,coolpix,...)

if you haven't facebook, send me a mail with your adress and your equipment to:

u2nyc@live.fr

thanks in advance!

I work on dvd sheffield and other:

YouTube - ULTRAVIOLET live from Sheffield DVD multicam

YouTube - U2- Dublin 24/07/09 BAD - HD multicam

sorry for my bad english :doh:

Hampton Inn is definitely walkable, especially to the new stadium. The new stadium is closer to Patterson Plank Road than the old one. If they open up this one gate, you're only gonna walk about 5 mins from Hampton Inn to the stadium.

You can certainly drive to the stadium, but I would recommend against it. I did that for Jersey 1, and I swear I sat in traffic for more than an hour after the concert just trying to get the hell out of the complex. Going into the stadium complex from the hotel is only a 1-minute drive, but to go back you have to circle around some ramps to get to Patterson Plank Road, and after the concert the ramps were jam-packed!! And there's nothing more irritating than sitting there in traffic knowing that your destination is really less than a mile away!! :mad:

So on the second night I took the hotel shuttle to the stadium. It's complimentary, but I gave the driver a $5 tip. And the hotel gave me the walking direction back to the hotel. You have to watch where you're walking because on some parts there is no sidewalk. But after the concert, it's sitting traffic anyway, so you're pretty safe. And the police will help you cross the streets. I'm so glad I decided to walk, or else I would have been stuck there too for another hour or so.

Yeah, it took me over an hour to get out of the parking lot and onto the Turnpike.

Me too but I had so much fun blasting U2 out of my car with my U2 license plate..good times, good times...

Hampton Inn is definitely walkable, especially to the new stadium. The new stadium is closer to Patterson Plank Road than the old one. If they open up this one gate, you're only gonna walk about 5 mins from Hampton Inn to the stadium.

You can certainly drive to the stadium, but I would recommend against it. I did that for Jersey 1, and I swear I sat in traffic for more than an hour after the concert just trying to get the hell out of the complex. Going into the stadium complex from the hotel is only a 1-minute drive, but to go back you have to circle around some ramps to get to Patterson Plank Road, and after the concert the ramps were jam-packed!! And there's nothing more irritating than sitting there in traffic knowing that your destination is really less than a mile away!! :mad:

So on the second night I took the hotel shuttle to the stadium. It's complimentary, but I gave the driver a $5 tip. And the hotel gave me the walking direction back to the hotel. You have to watch where you're walking because on some parts there is no sidewalk. But after the concert, it's sitting traffic anyway, so you're pretty safe. And the police will help you cross the streets. I'm so glad I decided to walk, or else I would have been stuck there too for another hour or so.

I'll certainly take that into consideration, Alma.:up::D

I just wish there was some sort of transportation service from Newark Airport to the Meadowlands area. A cab, of course, would cost a fortune.:doh:

Plus, I don't want to stay at my parents' house this time around. I'm keeping my return to Jersey to see U2 again a secret from them.:shh:

I totaled my car leaving the stadium night 2 on rte 4.. :doh:

do ANYTHING you can to avoid driving! i sure will!!!

:ohmy:

I can't wait to drive home to LI that night after driving back from Montreal the day before :happy:

I took the train last time...chaotic :crazy: It will be the best choice this time around, though. It messed me all up on night one in September, though, becuase I was trying to get back early the next morning to line up. Wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have to take my sister home and pick up a friend.

I stayed there on the last leg and me and Romi tried to walk from the stadium to the hotel during the day and I thought we were going to get killed.

I just saw this. :lol:

Just to clarify, yes, on some parts from the stadium to Hampton Inn there is no proper sidewalk, just a beaten path on the grass like Shaun mentioned. You also have to cross one wide road (it's a road inside the complex) and walk down on the shoulder of a ramp.

The only difference between Hampton Inn and Fairfield or Residence Inn is you cross Patterson Plank Road in front of the hotel, and there is a crossing light here, so you're pretty safe.

I think when Laura and Romi walked, it was in the middle of the day because they had been queuing up for GA, and they took a break in the afternoon for lunch or shower in our hotel (Hampton Inn). At this point it was normal traffic, so cars were zipping by, and it was harder to cross the road, et.

If you're planning to walk AFTER the concert, this should not be a problem. I'm expecting traffic is gonna be as bad as last fall after the concert, so the cars will be crawling or sitting still in the traffic jam. You'll also have police presence who can help you with traffic for you to cross the road. And there will be other people walking too.

So it depends on when you want to walk. If it's just for after the concert, you'll be ok walking to Hampton Inn. I didn't walk to the concert, the hotel provided a shuttle in the afternoon to take us to the stadium. I expect they'll do the same this time around. So if you have seats, or if you have GA and don't mind going in the afternoon, take the shuttle.

The hotel didn't provide a shuttle after the concert because of the horrendous traffic it would have to endure.

As always, check with the hotel where you're staying to confirm whether it's walkable or not. Like kassandra said, some hotels do have a major highway in between their location and the sports complex (like the Sheraton) and in that case you really don't want to walk to the stadium. :no:

Last year I was so tired driving home after the 2nd Jersey show. It was like 5 hours of sleep every night for 5 days.

I just saw this. :lol:

Just to clarify, yes, on some parts from the stadium to Hampton Inn there is no proper sidewalk, just a beaten path on the grass like Shaun mentioned. You also have to cross one wide road (it's a road inside the complex) and walk down on the shoulder of a ramp.

The only difference between Hampton Inn and Fairfield or Residence Inn is you cross Patterson Plank Road in front of the hotel, and there is a crossing light here, so you're pretty safe.

I think when Laura and Romi walked, it was in the middle of the day because they had been queuing up for GA, and they took a break in the afternoon for lunch or shower in our hotel (Hampton Inn). At this point it was normal traffic, so cars were zipping by, and it was harder to cross the road, et.

If you're planning to walk AFTER the concert, this should not be a problem. I'm expecting traffic is gonna be as bad as last fall after the concert, so the cars will be crawling or sitting still in the traffic jam. You'll also have police presence who can help you with traffic for you to cross the road. And there will be other people walking too.

So it depends on when you want to walk. If it's just for after the concert, you'll be ok walking to Hampton Inn. I didn't walk to the concert, the hotel provided a shuttle in the afternoon to take us to the stadium. I expect they'll do the same this time around. So if you have seats, or if you have GA and don't mind going in the afternoon, take the shuttle.

The hotel didn't provide a shuttle after the concert because of the horrendous traffic it would have to endure.

As always, check with the hotel where you're staying to confirm whether it's walkable or not. Like kassandra said, some hotels do have a major highway in between their location and the sports complex (like the Sheraton) and in that case you really don't want to walk to the stadium. :no:

I hate this stadium because nothing is around it!! I tried walking from a bus stop to the stadium but I couldn't because of the highway. I have no idea what I'm going to do about getting there this time again...

Yeah...I'm glad I'm driving, the complex is definitely not friendly to pedestrians. But then there is always the issue of early morning parking when you bring a car. I was dropped off last September, so unfortunately I have no idea what I'm going to do with my car at stupid o clock in the morning :huh:

I got in the parking lot the night before when I camped out and because I walked back to the hotel and took the hotel shuttle back to the stadium, I didn't have to pay to park.

They did let us campout last time, but that doesn't mean they will this time.

Did they open the new stadium yet? Did they finish all the parking lots?

From what I saw last September, the new stadium looks kind of dull.:|

I think I've decided to go with Anaheim instead of East Rutherford, if I'm going to do 2 destinations this summer and one of them is Montreal I don't want all my shows on top of each other (and both Anaheim and Montreal are 2 shows), too bad, I wanted to see this new stadium having gone to the old one last fall. If I get really impulsive I just might decide to go anyway.

I think I've decided to go with Anaheim instead of East Rutherford, if I'm going to do 2 destinations this summer and one of them is Montreal I don't want all my shows on top of each other (and both Anaheim and Montreal are 2 shows), too bad, I wanted to see this new stadium having gone to the old one last fall. If I get really impulsive I just might decide to go anyway.

does this mean you have a ticket to sell preferably a GA :happy: I need one for my friend..

Sorry buddy, I wasn't set s to what dates I could attend this year so I've been getting my tickets through Interference. Make a thread in What Do You Have, What Do You Want? Its always worked out for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom