July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent GEG a nasty little e-mail about their garbage setup, and I'm hoping they reconsider a different approach for next week's public on-sale.

Oh well, I bought 2 tickets off of StubHub right after everything sold out anyways.

Tickets are going on sale Nov30th :sad: but I'm at work!!!
I cant believe this I waited all morning on GEG for tickets, I paid off my credit card in order to be able to use it and at 12:45 tix were sold out!!! what BS!!! I hope GEG realizes this asap and does something about it. Oh and then theres these Scalpers who take the opportunity to resale tickets at triple the price , I know theres people who do pay triple or even 10x the price but come on lets be realistic I'm 22 thats so out of my budget!!! Hopefully in the end ill be there!!!:applaud:

I don't have a credit card, so I'll have to pay for everything up front. Which is a blessing and a curse. :lol:

I know exactly what you mean, better than anyone. LOL

Now I recently got myself both a prepaid VISA and MASTERCARD simply for all these online purchases such as buying concert tickets. You just load the amount of money you are planning on spending and don't go into debt like with real credit cards. :up:

How do you know the tickets you buy at stubhub are authentic?

They're backed up by the site's so called FanProtect Guarantee, which guarantees all authentic tickets. The site is also owned by eBay.

Not to mention I purchased GA U2 360 tickets to the second Toronto show in September through StubHub, and they were authentic.

AND, the seller hasn't recieved them in the mail yet, so I know for a fact that he indeed bought real tickets and is waiting on them to ship to me.

$99 on StubHub? With fees, GA's are usually $70-$75 total so that's not bad at all. Hate paying scalpers, but I'd go $20-$30 over face. Paid $300 for my 2 Vertigo GA's. Never again. :lol:

Bought 4 Tickets on GEG's site without much fuss. I actually liked their setup, with the 'waiting room' and all. However, my wife and I were logged in from two different PCs, and while she was able to get in quite readily, my session actually waited the whole 45 mins till it was sold out, without getting a shot at purchasing. If that's what some people experience, that's too bad.. but when the 2nd show comes around, I recommend getting on as many PCs as possible :)

$99 on StubHub? With fees, GA's are usually $70-$75 total so that's not bad at all. Hate paying scalpers, but I'd go $20-$30 over face. Paid $300 for my 2 Vertigo GA's. Never again. :lol:

Yea I figured the price wasn't too shabby. I too payed about 300 for both my 360 Toronto GAs, but it was soooo worthit! :hyper: We managed front row and center in the inner circle, so it was quite the experience!

I recommend getting on as many PCs as possible :)
Exactly, that's what I did. It increases the possibility of your turn coming. You can ask a friend or somebody from your family to do that. Well, next ticket sale is on Monday so it's harder in this case.

I don't think sending an email would change anything (this is quebec, you know, most people don't care about anything, especially on services), I thought about that as well, at least I'd give me that feeling of getting back at all they put us through.

Forget the fact that having two shows will spoil the specialness behind the show. And they can pack a lotta people there. I used to work concert production and I am telling you there will only be ONE show. And they could get in trouble for adding a section after saying one night only.

Yes, the drive from Montreal to Jersey isn't too long, but thet trucks (the universal ones) will spend hours upon hours going thru the US checkpoints. Trust me on this, there will only be ONE show. It is a one-time, festival type, amazing performance. Perhaps maybe one worth being filmed. I agree, Montreal is the best city to see U2. I have seen them there twice and the blow every other city outta the water. Even the NYC and Boston crowds comfine. I am much looking forward to this :)

SMB

damn... I shouldn't have based my return flight of saturday on this post! :doh:

***runs off to see if I can change my flight to sunday***

damn... I shouldn't have based my return flight of saturday on this post! :doh:

***runs off to see if I can change my flight to sunday***

:hyper:
He sounded so sure. I was thinking positive thoughts and hoping he was wrong.

[ I've always been suspicious of people who've been to 15 U2 shows but never tried GA. That's just me.]

=====================
Check out my entire recording of Norman, OK show at
www.tiny url.com/U2MONK

Last edited:
I am 100% sure there will be no third show. :sexywink:

[and I hope I'm wrong] :lol:

=====================
Check out my entire recording of Norman, OK show at
www.tiny url.com/U2MONK

Last edited:
Looks like some people are starting to show their immature sides

SMB

Seriously?

So you make these "predictions" in a sort of "know-it-all" tone, and when someone points out that what you said didn't turn out, you start whining about how mean people are??

Who's being immature?

You could've quoted yourself and said "i suck at predictions. i ain't no soothsayer, i'm gonna stick to my day job! L:huh:L"

Or something like that...

When you type in such a "matter of fact" manner, what else do you expect people to say?

Instead of you derailing the thread whining about how mean people are when they point out you're wrong, how about we go back to discussing how FUCKING COLOSSAL this show is going to be...

...and how we're all REALLY looking forward to meeting each other? :happy:

Seriously?

So you make these "predictions" in a sort of "know-it-all" tone, and when someone points out that what you said didn't turn out, you start whining about how mean people are??

When you type in such a "matter of fact" manner, what else do you expect people to say?

:up:

Well now that this has been confirmed, they should basically just let people who have GAs for both nights camp out in the field. Music fest/rave style. Cookouts, copious amounts of booze and substances, porta-pottys...it'll be awesome! :rockon:

GA's in the presale

Sorry if this has been asked already, this thread is now officially too long to go back through, but do we know if GA's were available for Boots subscribers for Montreal 1? This will determin if I use my Breathe code or my friends Boots code. I'd rather save my breathe code if I can Just in case.

Hey...I predicted that it would be at Jean Drapeu Parc at the beginning of this thread.

I was wrong.

Please.....don't break my legs. I'll need them to scurry from the GA line to the front rail.

You know what?,those shows has the shape of a mini-woodstock.

..That is soooooo cool!

Seriously?

Who's being immature?

You could've quoted yourself and said "i suck at predictions. i ain't no soothsayer, i'm gonna stick to my day job! L:huh:L"

Instead of you derailing the thread whining about how mean people are when they point out you're wrong, how about we go back to discussing how FUCKING COLOSSAL this show is going to be...

This was really funny to read on a Sunday morning. Cracked up when he used the word "mean". Couldn't help but laugh. Carry on... :lol:

Sorry, yes, ga's. I think a lot of people have used up their presales codes now so there's probably a lot better chance to get ga's in the presale.
Mini - Woodstock sounds amazing !

Ugh! U2 and your stretching out of the concert announcements. :madwife:

I've used my presale codes, I hope I get lucky in the general sale for MTL2.

But, as has been pointed out...

:rockon: :happydance:

Party in Montreal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom