July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the verdict on that ticketing system? Worse than Ticketmaster, or did most get the tickets they wanted? Seems like BS if you have no control at all over getting selected for buying seats :|

Not sure if it's because I'M really not lucky, but I had a presale with GEG the other day and I was never able to get in to buy tickets, and today, I was shut out also... so I guess you have to be pretty lucky to be able to get in with this system...

Thank God for my u2.com membership! :heart:

Now I have to hope that I can trade 2 for first night for 2 second night :hyper:

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for the second show to be on Saturday July 17th. Lots of good strip clubs to go to afterwards, plus several good afterhours clubs in my fav Canadian city. I'll probably be partying at STEREO, if we get a second show on Saturday.

Now yer talkin'. I love a U2 fan that enjoys a proper clubbing experience. I'm just getting caught up on all the info about this second show.

I was at Stereo last weekend. Superblast!

I hate GEG!!!:sad:
this would be my first U2 concert and I really want to go , I logged onto GEG at 10 this morning and didnt get through!!!

So what's the verdict on that ticketing system? Worse than Ticketmaster, or did most get the tickets they wanted? Seems like BS if you have no control at all over getting selected for buying seats :|
I'm happy that I got my ticket but I can't get over the fact that GEG is total and utter s***. Their stupid system seems like something organized by the mafia to make fans more desperate to buy it from scalpers. Thankfully I was able to buy it today, but I was also one of the ones who had been trying it during presale.
I feel really sorry for you :S. For the second date try with different computers. I tried with 2 computers on at the same time.
I've never had any inconvenience with Ticketmaster, ever! This is my first with GEG and I already wish death to their employees.

yay!!!! just checked in here! Can't believe another show and I don;t have to take more time off work to be there!:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I used up all my codes though-going to too many shows. I'm greedy :love:

I'll try in the general for this second show-really hoping I get in becuase i'd hate to have to resort to scalpers. This trip (plus anaheim, plus NJ) is already costing me too much :crack:

but it's U2 :love:

Now come on U2,this super party doubleheader week-end has " U2 Live a Montréal" DVD written all over.

How did you guys find out there was a second show?

I just can't believe this system, it totally sucks. I bought tickets earlier this week, but just for fun, I logged into the waiting room at 11 am EST and was given the opportunity to buy 4 GAs at around 12:15 EST (I didn't). By the sounds of it lots of people were shut out even though they started waiting at 8 AM. That blows, and it's totally unfair. I hope they come up with something better and less arbitrary for the sale on November 30, because it seems like a real crapshoot and I don't know if my luck will run out by then. I really want to be at that second show.

Even earlier this week I had a horseshoe up my ass. I was in the waiting room from the very start, but after waiting for 50 minutes to to avail, I just shut it all down and started again. I then got offered tickets after 10 minutes. GEG blows the hard one.

From U2.com in case you haven't checked yet. Assuming Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday means this coming week!

Presale for Montreal 2nd show:
Horizon Group - Tuesday 10AM local
Breathe Group - Tuesday 3PM EST/2PM CST/1PM MST/12PM PST
Boots Group - Wednesday 10AM EST/9AM CST/8AM MST/7AM PST
Magnificent Group - Wednesday 3PM EST/2PM CST/1PM MST/12PM PST
Presale ends - Thursday 5PM local

:hmm:How to convince hubby and sis to do 2 shows? If I had to pick one, it would be the second night though....I wonder if anyone will trade night 1 for night 2?

I just bought 2 GAs off of StubHub for $99 each since the first show sold out.

I think there will be ticket drops at some point like almost everywhere else, especially now with 2 shows. The exact venue dimensions/floor capacity are unknown at this point as well. I will wait.

By the sounds of it lots of people were shut out even though they started waiting at 8 AM.

I didn't use their system, but I don't think systems like this are capable of maintaining 4 hour long sessions for perhaps hundreds of thousands of users. I'd expect long sessions to time out.

Yeah, probably too early to buy a flight anyway. Will watch prices for the next few months, but won't expect any bargains for July.

I'll have to keep an eye on flights as well (from DC) over the next few months. I've seen (and bought fares) for $200-300 in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom