July 14, 2011 - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a U2 cover band playing out in Delaware County Friday the 15th for anyone who is interested. I've seen that a lot of people like to go see U2 cover bands the weekends of these shows, so I figure I'd throw that out there.

What do you guys think about some clubby Fan Action ---- I have a vision of as many GAers as possible bringing glowsticks and lighting them up for Crazy Tonight. We can turn the pit into a club :dance:

Great idea!!!! I remember they did this in Italy and Bono loved it....just came back from the Montreal show and the Americans are starting to get a reputation of being boring, so I'm all for it:applaud:

Well, I took a drive around the stadium, but since there was a Phillies game today, I couldn't really get into the lot or stop at any of the side streets until the game has started. I managed to take some pictures. There's really not much going on yet. I have a feeling they're waiting until this Phillies game is over before the trucks start coming in drones. There were some trucks in the lot, and I could see cranes, and part of the Claw structure going up, but nothing recognizable as The Claw yet.

Here are some pictures that I took, dodging some cop cars around. :D
Some colorful trucks
s640x480

Cranes as seen from 11th street
s640x480

Southwest plane about to make a landing at the nearby PHL airport
s640x480

Part of the Claw structure in the background
s640x480

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

hiiiiii ! :D

my sis was able to snag me GA Tix this past
Weds nite which arrived (UPS) on Fri!

Thanks for all the helpful info!

My sis spent a year in Philly for grad school so i was
down there from time to time.

I'll be rereading your info tomorrw and print out.

Thanks for the vid SB & vja for the stills!

DO you think they'll be any problems
bringing a point & shoot camera? I had
no problems at GS in 09....

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

hiiiiii ! :D

my sis was able to snag me GA Tix this past
Weds nite which arrived (UPS) on Fri!

Thanks for all the helpful info!

My sis spent a year in Philly for grad school so i was
down there from time to time.

I'll be rereading your info tomorrw and print out.

Thanks for the vid SB & vja for the stills!

DO you think they'll be any problems
bringing a point & shoot camera? I had
no problems at GS in 09....

That's pretty cool dazz! :D Maybe I'll catch you in GA. And I'm planning on bringing a small point and shoot and I don't think there should be any problems with a point and shoot camera. I think you should be fine just as long as it's not one of those professional cameras with the removable lenses.

That's pretty cool dazz! :D Maybe I'll catch you in GA. And I'm planning on bringing a small point and shoot and I don't think there should be any problems with a point and shoot camera. I think you should be fine just as long as it's not one of those professional cameras with the removable lenses.

thanks!

:lol:
And I have one of those too! (Film SLR)

but it doesn't work as well but i've had it fir decades!
it's taken all my Who/Springsteen/Patti Smith Group/
Television a few other groups photos!

I'm going off to buy the camera in a few mins! :hyper:
The one my sis gave me when she ugraded lasted for about 1 1/2 yrs but she'd used it alot-- started having real problems and gotten worse.

This one has alot more optcal zoom power/anti-shake
you can be zoomed in while videoing

yay!

cool I'll try and look for you!

^where is that?? wait, but that's after the show?
Rose Tree Park, which is right around Media.

Yeah, it's the day after the show. I've never traveled to see U2 (in fact I've never seen them), so I don't know how people do these trips. I just figured I'd throw it out there.

You want to get to the Broad Street Line, which I believe is best accessed by Suburban Station. You can get to Suburban a couple different ways from 30th Street Station. My experience is from riding a regional rail that hits both (the R5, which may be called Thorndale now), so I don't know the specifics.

You take the Broad Street Line to get to the stadium, just head south, as the last stop is the Sports Complex in South Philly. Should be pretty straight forward. The fare is quite cheap, as I recall.

And for your benefit, everyone calls it "the Linc," not the Lincoln, hopefully that makes you sound like a knowledged out-of-towner.

What's the best way to get from the airport to the Linc? The SEPTA website lists a bunch of buses. Is that right? Seems the railway would be quicker.

What do you guys think about some clubby Fan Action ---- I have a vision of as many GAers as possible bringing glowsticks and lighting them up for Crazy Tonight. We can turn the pit into a club :dance:

Definitely :up:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
thanks for the pics alma!:hyper:

where can we buy those glowsticks in bulk?

I don't know.....I'm at the beach right now (Seaside) and might see if there's a dollar store. Otherwise, Oriental Trading Company has 50 for $35 http://www.orientaltrading.com/glow...ategoryFromSearch=true&tabId=4&rd=glow sticks . I don't know if that's the cheapest we could find or not. I'd order a pack or two, but I don't have any idea how to have packages mailed to the condo we're renting.

What's the best way to get from the airport to the Linc? The SEPTA website lists a bunch of buses. Is that right? Seems the railway would be quicker.

Hmmm, as a local i've never had to do that, so I cannot comment. But I will say this, the Linc is literally a 10 minute drive (at most) up I-95 from the airport. I'm sure the buses and trains are pretty good, but in a pinch, a taxi would work as well. You are very very close.

Do you happen to know is the K lot a "reserved" lot at the Linc? Not sure can we park there without a pass-it doesn't seem to be a public lot. Also, the lots around Citizen bank park seem to have a no tailgating rule-does anyone know if that is true if you park there for events at the Linc?

I am 99% sure K lot is not a reserved lot. This is usually the lot witht he most tailgating for every phillies game. If i remember correctly it is right in between the linc and Mcfaddens side of the ball park. Im pretty positive that it is open to everyone. But I would get in early as it will fill up pretty quick. Hope this helps....

I am 99% sure K lot is not a reserved lot. This is usually the lot witht he most tailgating for every phillies game. If i remember correctly it is right in between the linc and Mcfaddens side of the ball park. Im pretty positive that it is open to everyone. But I would get in early as it will fill up pretty quick. Hope this helps....

That's what I was thinking as well, and it is on the "Mcfaddens side". The only wild-card to all this is that my experience with K-Lot has only been for CBP Phillies events. I've not once used it for a Linc or Eagles event, so I don't know if they handle that lot differently in those cases.

Honestly, probably a cab. They're really close to each other. The airport is Exit 12 on I-95, and the Sports Complex (Broad Street) exit is Exit 17. No more than a couple miles.

There is no direct SEPTA train from the airport to the stadium. You'll have to take the regional train (R1 line) from the airport to downtown (Suburban or Market East station) and then catch the Broad Street Line subway from City Hall or any other station to the AT&T station at the sports complex. Not a direct way to do it at all.

If you are not in a hurry, and don't mind the roundabout way, then you can take the train. If you are in a hurry, taxi is a better option, because it is pretty near. I don't know too much about the buses from the airport.

So long as I can get a GA ticket in hand by Wednesday or if they'll do it will all on thusday... I'm there.

Its gonna be weird since I'm venturing into a city that I've never been to by myself... but I think its worth it :D

hey everyone!:wave: just checking in, does anyone know if there'll be a fan meetup the day before the show...anyone got the lowdown?
Also, anyone know the best place(twitter, here?) to find out where the GA line will be starting the day of the concert?
I'm so excited!! :dance::bonodrum:

Spur of the moment I just got a GA ticket (for almost half the price I paid in Miami, too!).

Now to arrange traveling... Philly people... what's the easiest way to get to LFF from New York?

First time posting here! My husband and I have GA tix for Thursday and just had some questions.. does anyone know where the GA line will be forming? And is there still the numbering system for the GA line? We had GA in '09 at FedEx Field but then seats for the Baltimore show.. so wasn't sure if the GA process changed at all.. thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom