July 14, 2011 - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting very excited :dancing: first time in GA and first concert ever for my daughter.

:hyper: how exciting

I've been a fan of U2 since 80/81

seen them a bunch of times but
never any luck getting great seats
and unable to get GA for 2001 or
2005 tour
:(

a friend here on Interland grabbed me a GA
for GS/NJ in '09 (had a seat for 2nd show)

It was INCREDIBLE!

I'm sure you're going to be be all :ohmy: (in a good way) & :hyper:/:rockon: :D

Spur of the moment I just got a GA ticket (for almost half the price I paid in Miami, too!).

Now to arrange traveling... Philly people... what's the easiest way to get to LFF from New York?
Easiest way to get to the city is easily by taking the Amtrak from Penn Station to 30th Street Station. From there you would just need to get the Broad Street Line and take it down to the sports complex.

Well in order to save money I'm taking BoltBus to Philly (JFK & 30th Street). It was $11 vs. $49 for roughly the same time and I really had to be frugal.

I'm taking the AmTrak back at night though... I fear I might have to leave the show a song early to avoid the rush... train leaves at 12:15 a.m. from 30th Street Station to Penn Station. How long is it from LFF to the station with considerations that the stadium will be pouring out people?

Thanks for the help.

It might be a little tight since you do have to change to the Blue Line at 15th Street, but as long as you are headed out of the stadium by 11:20-ish, you should be good. Probably don't have to be out of the stadium before MoS ends but you should probably be a near an exit already and bolt as soon as they finish playing. IIRC (although I've only been to arena shows at the complex, not a stadium crowd) the subway doesn't get SO packed - many drive - so you should be able to get on the first train that comes.

Awesome alright... so basically don't get stuck inside the Stadium, sounds good.

I wish I had booked a day earlier... there was a 1 a.m. train then which would've been perfect. I have absolutely no idea how/why it filled up/was taken down but I came back to book it today and it wasn't there.

Or maybe I was imagining things... all I know is that I'm roamin' the streets of Philadelphia until 5 a.m. if I miss that train :lol: I wish there was an a.m. bus but I couldn't find any. Either way, I'm more comfortable getting on the train and then instead of getting out at Chinatown/SoHo I'll be able to hop right onto the 123 or ABC and head back down to Tribeca straight from Penn Station. Shockingly, I might be back well, well before I got back in Miami.

If the train somehow fails, I'll still likely get more sleep than I did after Miami because I had to stay up until 8 a.m. after dropping my sister off at the airport :lol:

This is exciting... first time in Philly. Maybe I'll just not show up for the GA Line until around 3 pm and get whatever spot I get so I can see the city.

grace40streets said:
Also, looks like our glow stick plans might be foiled: They're among the prohibited items listed. I'm not sure if it makes sense to try to smuggle them in or not, but I don't think I would want to risk it. What do y'all think??

Yeah, probably not worth it. Guess I won't be bringing my fireworks, either. :mad:

:wink:

Awesome alright... so basically don't get stuck inside the Stadium, sounds good.

I wish I had booked a day earlier... there was a 1 a.m. train then which would've been perfect. I have absolutely no idea how/why it filled up/was taken down but I came back to book it today and it wasn't there.

Or maybe I was imagining things... all I know is that I'm roamin' the streets of Philadelphia until 5 a.m. if I miss that train :lol: I wish there was an a.m. bus but I couldn't find any. Either way, I'm more comfortable getting on the train and then instead of getting out at Chinatown/SoHo I'll be able to hop right onto the 123 or ABC and head back down to Tribeca straight from Penn Station. Shockingly, I might be back well, well before I got back in Miami.

If the train somehow fails, I'll still likely get more sleep than I did after Miami because I had to stay up until 8 a.m. after dropping my sister off at the airport :lol:

This is exciting... first time in Philly. Maybe I'll just not show up for the GA Line until around 3 pm and get whatever spot I get so I can see the city.

Yeah, this was discussed before, make sure you're AHEAD of the crowd coming out of the stadium. I don't know the subway schedule, but hopefully there are several that can take you so you arrive at the station in time for that 12.15am. It's not a straight shot with subway from the stadium to 30th street station. If you can get a taxi, that would be better.

Even more interestingly is the *lack* of mention of prohibited cameras. The only thing mentioned is that "videocameras" are prohibited. Does this mean the DSLR's are good???

Also, it seems that all floor people, GA and RZ are queuing at the South Gate. Does that mean that there will be just 1 line??? I've seen how it works at other stadiums, but not here, so i'm really not quite sure how that's going to work out. They mention "dedicated turnstiles".

UMM .. I have a big question to anyone who knows the area. Where the hell can we park if we are lining up super early getting there prior to or at 6am. Doesn't make sense that venue says line up starts at 6am but the lots don't open till 12 noon? wtf!

help!:sad:

Lincoln Financial Field just tweeted me back when I asked where GA can park if we get there at 6am.

"Parking attendants will let people lining up early park in Lot K from 5:30 am. Enter at pattison Ave."

I hope that helps people out!

Ok, just called the Linc and here are some more details:

GA will be let in at 4:30pm at South Gate. All others will be let in at 5pm, including Red Zone.

I'd appreciate any info. on cameras that are allowed into the venue. someone posted a bit earlier that only video cameras are being prohibitted. is this true?

I can take fairly long videos with my phone and so will anyone else who has a smartphone. how are they going to stop that?

I would LOVE to take my DSLR into the show but only if its not going to get confiscated. Its a very expensive camera and I'd be able to take awesome pics.

Every U2 concert I've been to, I have always seen people with point and shoot cameras so I know they don't care about those.

Not sure if it matters but, I have seats and not GA so not sure if that affects camera policy

Even more interestingly is the *lack* of mention of prohibited cameras. The only thing mentioned is that "videocameras" are prohibited. Does this mean the DSLR's are good???

Also, it seems that all floor people, GA and RZ are queuing at the South Gate. Does that mean that there will be just 1 line??? I've seen how it works at other stadiums, but not here, so i'm really not quite sure how that's going to work out. They mention "dedicated turnstiles".

Does "video cameras" mean camcorders or what?

I've got a couple questions. Where outside the stadium does the GA line queue begin? And is it okay to bring a chair and abandon it outside the stadium? I won't have a car or anything to put it in once we are let in the stadium.

I thought you said you were driving up there?

Well either way... the amount of chairs that are abandoned could fill up a whole house worth of chairs. So yeah, abandon it if you have to. Just fold it up and put it against the wall when they tell everyone to put their stuff away at around 3-4pm.

I'm assuming it means anything is a dedicated video recorder. Phones and cameras with video capability i'm also assuming are good.

I'm still bringing my camcorder -.- If I get told to stop in the act, I will. But I want to walk out of there with a song or two.

I'd appreciate any info. on cameras that are allowed into the venue. someone posted a bit earlier that only video cameras are being prohibitted. is this true?

I can take fairly long videos with my phone and so will anyone else who has a smartphone. how are they going to stop that?

I would LOVE to take my DSLR into the show but only if its not going to get confiscated. Its a very expensive camera and I'd be able to take awesome pics.

Every U2 concert I've been to, I have always seen people with point and shoot cameras so I know they don't care about those.

Not sure if it matters but, I have seats and not GA so not sure if that affects camera policy

I did call them and asked this. I was told that amateur photographers with lenses of 200mm or under are ok. I specifically asked her, "My camera is a DSLR, it has a pretty big body compared to a point and shoot but the lens is under 200mm, is that ok?" She said "You should be fine."

Sounds like it's ok? Worth the risk? Just because the Linc says one thing doesn't mean some momo working security isn't going to see things differently.

I thought you said you were driving up there?

Well either way... the amount of chairs that are abandoned could fill up a whole house worth of chairs. So yeah, abandon it if you have to. Just fold it up and put it against the wall when they tell everyone to put their stuff away at around 3-4pm.

Yeah I am driving up with my mom and sis. They're going to drop me off at GA. They have seat tix so I then I guess they're going to hang around Philly until it's time to get to the stadium and get to their seats. So I'm gonna have no car. I may just get a cheap chair from Dollar General or something and just abandon it there.

I have never seen any venue security here in the US confiscate a camera in the recent years. Just have it out when you get in. If they have a problem with it, they will tell you you cannot bring it in, and you'll have time to go back to your car and put it there safely. This has been my experience. In Baltimore, my friend said she saw security told someone their camera had a lens that was too big to be allowed in the stadium (Baltimore stadium explicitly said no camera lens greater than a credit card, or something like that, I forgot the exact measurement).

Lincoln field does not have anything said explicitly about still cameras, only camcorders.

I did call them and asked this. I was told that amateur photographers with lenses of 200mm or under are ok. I specifically asked her, "My camera is a DSLR, it has a pretty big body compared to a point and shoot but the lens is under 200mm, is that ok?" She said "You should be fine."

Sounds like it's ok? Worth the risk? Just because the Linc says one thing doesn't mean some momo working security isn't going to see things differently.

That's my biggest fear. Its "Mr Security Man" who might get the urge to flex his authority and decide my camera looks too professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom