Judd Apatow's U2 shout out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pop Pius V

The Fly
In Knocked up there is a psychedelic u2 poster up at seth rogan's house.

I like that and it somehow gives more credibilty to a director for me when I see that. Of course that may just be the art director doing that.

(if anyone wants to merge this post with "dumbest posts ever" thread I won't mind. I'm still figuring out which posts go where. )

I think your post is fine (not that I'm a mod or an authority or anything). All us U2 geeks are always on the lookout for those little sightings and mentions, makes life more fun.

Yes I noticed that in the movie, is it this one?

U2_large.jpg

yep. that's the poster. it is behind seth rogan's roommates when they open the door and he finds out they all have pink eye.

I don't think this was a simple case of art director choice. Apatow makes wall art a plot point in 40 year old virgin (remember that line "you know how i know you're gay? because you like coldplay"

and

"you have a framed poster of Asia (the band). Where did you get that? Did you have to take the poster to the frame shop and say 'i'd like to get this Asia poster framed"

i am pretty sure that Apatow
A. knows his music
and
B. chooses his scenic decorations to follow his own and his character's motivations (which is why they have a 60s pop psychadelic U2 poster rather than a straight up Zoo TV poster... because they are potheads)

good spotting, Pop Pius V. You should really check out the 40 Year Old Version if you haven't seen it yet (and I am guessing that you haven't... but that is just a hunch)

Pop Pius V said:
In Knocked up there is a psychedelic u2 poster up at seth rogan's house.

I like that and it somehow gives more credibilty to a director for me when I see that. Of course that may just be the art director doing that.

(if anyone wants to merge this post with "dumbest posts ever" thread I won't mind. I'm still figuring out which posts go where. )

Have you seen The Girl Next Door? There are about 2 U2 posters in the one kid's room. I think it's cool to find stuff like that, too. :up:

I recognized the poster instantly since it's the concert poster for a Dallas show. It was a pretty cool touch.

And yeah, the posters in Girl Next Door are pretty blatant. One of them is the one with every album cover on it up to ATYCLB and the other is an Elevation era poster that's red and has Bono reaching into the crowd.

Elisha Cuthbert?

U2 nods?

Baba O'Riley playing at the end?

count me in. :up:

I tend to believe that it is Apatow himself who is the U2 fan. In the extra materials on the 40 YOV DVD he and Rogan are talking about who all the unrated material might offen and Apatow says something along the lines of "Well Bono may become a saint some day so it may offend him."

LemonMacPhisto said:
Elisha Cuthbert?

U2 nods?

Baba O'Riley playing at the end?

count me in. :up:

The juice is most definitely worth the squeeze.

Back
Top Bottom