I've lost 90% of my interest in the new U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL at this post... At least you're passionate or something...

Kate1 said:
I agree you don't belong on THIS SITE if you have lost interest!!!!
Don't come on here and slag them off!!!

All of their songs are great actually, it takes them long to write albums cos they put A LLLLLOT OF PASSION AND THOUGHT INTO THEIR MUSIC!!! :mad:

I know we are all angry that the release of the album has been dragging, but they need a BREAK TOO U KNOW!!! :huh:

Anyways, my interest level for the new U2 album has gone up 5% b/c of there bringing in a DJ to help work on their new album...

:up:

intedomine said:
yeah creed are bad, but there are worse things, such as rappers, jet, anyone of an IDOL show, and the scum of the earth, guy sebastian

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Axver said:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I agree that Creed and American Idols suck, but Jet? are you insane?? they are one of the best rock bands out right now, every song on their album rocks.

Alright, breakdown of how I feel towards each of them;

Creed - I honestly do not mind them. *ducks*
Rappers - I hate rap with a vehement, raging passion.
Jet - Haven't heard much, what I have heard I didn't care for.
Anyone off an Idol show - Why was that show ever broadcast in the first place?
Guy Sebastian - Winner of Australian Idol, which says it all.

Back on the original topic ... I'm very keen for the album and every day excites me because it's one day closer to hearing the new sound, what they're coming up with, how Bono's voice sounds, whether all the hype's true, et cetera. Furthermore, when the album comes out, that means the tour's impending and we'll have dates or get them soon. The tour's going to be particularly special for me because I'm going to go the US for some of the early shows and see my best friend, who I haven't seen in ... ever. Very exciting.

That is sort of how I feel MoFo...

Why the heck are people talking about Creed on a U2 related thread... LOL...

Rap is all good but I just can't get into most of the hip hop thats played on the radio, but loved 50 Cent's "In Da Club" thing....

Jet... bought their album cuz I liked their Conan performance and the song sounded good on the commerical I heard it used for.... no opinion on their new album.

Just watched some American Idol and I love the show... wish I could have watched past episodes....

Creed is Creedilicious....

I'm a little annoyed that they seem to have holed up and keep pushing the album back, but it at least gives me time to catch up on lots of other music. As has been said before in here, there is plenty of good stuff if you know where to look. And with the internet, there shouldn't be any excuse for people who say there isn't anything good out there.

Well Foxxern will you still be annoyed when this album comes out and rocks and Bono says if it wasn't for that last session with Steve Lillywhite this album would have lacked the punch it has?

And you're right there is a lot of good music if you're willing to find it.

Flying FuManchu said:
I used to be pretty peeved about the new U2 album coming out later than "rumored" and the lies/ miscalculations said by people supposedly in the know (though mostly the fact that a whole album's worth of new material is gonna take 4 years for release). I mean, I check the news now again just to see that I don't pass over the future release date, but at this point with the waiting, the so-so material that they've released in "Electrical Storm" and "The Hands That Built America," I think my excitement/ interest has waned to the point of, "So what, about U2." Maybe I'm just trying to lower my expectations a lot. Who knows. The amount of time they take to record one album (probably 11-12 songs, with people even going so far as to say there are only 8 really good songs), comes off as disappointing. Like I felt, interested at one point. Then excitement. Then annoyance. Impatience. Peevish. Disgust, and now ennui.

Anybody feel the same?

I'm thinking about buying some Jon Spencer Blues Explosion CDs to pass the time.

A solution would be for you not to read all the news because, as you've pointed out, most of it is unofficial and proves to be untrue. What I and I'm sure other big U2 fans are doing is just accepting that it will be out when it's out and there's nothing much I can do about it. I don't spend much time searching for unofficial news or making speculation - when I hear cast-in-stone news I read it and that's that.

So my advice to you is to just live your life and don't waste your time being so bothered. It is extremely unlikely that anything you do here is going to have any effect on the speed of the new album release!!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Well Foxxern will you still be annoyed when this album comes out and rocks and Bono says if it wasn't for that last session with Steve Lillywhite this album would have lacked the punch it has?

Nah, if its awesome, all will be forgiven. And it will be awesome, cause its U2. :wink:

But seriously, I'm sure they know what they're doing. They've been at it for longer than I've been alive. Still... I wish I could have that album real soon. But I'd rather wait and get the best possible piece of music.

Ewwwww

shaun vox said:
screw this new album!

Ewwww screw you!!! second time you ahev slagged them off!!

SOD OFF IF UR NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE!!!!
I don't wanna here you constintly moaning all the time! :mad:

Re: Ewwwww

Kate1 said:

Ewwww screw you!!! second time you ahev slagged them off!!

SOD OFF IF UR NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE!!!!
I don't wanna here you constintly moaning all the time! :mad:

Oh my goodness. Is the idea of being friendly or at least civil to other posters so difficult?

I wouldn't normally say anything, but this is the second post today where you've been really rude to people. I just don't see what's so difficult about being polite to people even if you don't like what they say. :sigh:

*Fizz.

I have no idea where it came from or anything like that (though a sod itself is a lump of dirt), but I use it in the same manner as one would use 'piss/zark/bugger/f**k off!'

Oh, I know what it means, but where did it originate from? To us Americans it sounds so funny. Much like some of our expressions. But like Ax says, sod is dirt so why "Sod Off"?

I've regained 90% interest in this thread now.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Oh, I know what it means, but where did it originate from? To us Americans it sounds so funny. Much like some of our expressions. But like Ax says, sod is dirt so why "Sod Off"?

I've always wanted to know why we say 'piss off'. How does 'urine off' make sense? And then there's the nonsensicality of 'f**k off' - 'sexual intercourse off'? Yeah, so much sense there.

I suppose it's just one of those random things people come up with ...

I'm not even going to repeat the "if you have a problem with another member then contact a moderator" line

hope we're done sidetracking this thread
I guess

Salome said:
I'm not even going to repeat the "if you have a problem with another member then contact a moderator" line

hope we're done sidetracking this thread
I guess

who are you talking to?

the "if you have a problem bit" to Kate1 and FizzWhizz (in particular in this thread)
the rest .. well, to the rest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom