It's that time again folks...HTDAAB taking on water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mac Phisto

The Fly
The same thing happened four years ago with ATYCLB: When the album first dropped, it was genuis, amazing, great lead single, even better songs behind it, etc. etc.. But before long, there were a few dissenters...and then some more...and then some more. Now there are heaps of threads beginning to question the new album and its place in U2 lore. ATYCLB is fit for mass burning at this point. I find this strange, and truth be told, stupid. I know this doesn't go straight across the board, but it just bothers me that so many people are picking this album, song by song, to death. Get real. If you don't like the new material, get out of my band.
Peace.

Last edited:
how to dismantle an atomic bomb, or how to keep being the biggest band in the world:
1. big songs
2. not so big guts
3. album of the year

I've listened to ATYCLB and HTDAAB in the last couple of days, and both are awesome.

So let it be known that there are still ATYCLB fans still roaming these boards.

I love ATYCLB, and I hate that people down it so much, but I can't, nor do I want to, change the opinions of others. Noones's going to ever agree - as long as you like it, that's all that matters:)

Both albums do perfectly what they are sought out to do. And that is to produce beautiful, shapely, and tight rock/pop songs. If that's not what kind of music you want form U2, then don't listen to these two albums. But it's not fair for people to critisize them because they aren't Achtung Baby or POP.

i love all that you cant leave behind

i love how to dismantle an atomic bomb.

ps i love pop.

I'm listening to Achtung Baby right now as we speak on my IPOD.

Why?

Cus of HTDAAB. Listening to All Because of You inspired me to switch to this album. Rockin tunes!!

Listening to Even Better Than the Real Thing as I type.

HTDAAB is a strong album. A bit stronger than ATYCLB. Sorry guys. I had to say it.

This is Interference. People are always going to whine and complain.

Personally, Hut Dab is still my second-favourite after UF.

Mac Phisto said:
The same thing happened four years ago with ATYCLB: When the album first dropped, it was genuis, amazing, great lead single, even better songs behind it, etc. etc.. But before long, there were a few dissenters...and then some more...and then some more. Now there are heaps of threads beginning to question the new album and its place in U2 lore. ATYCLB is fit for mass burning at this point. I find this strange, and truth be told, stupid. I know this doesn't go straight across the board, but it just bothers me that so many people are picking this album, song by song, to death. Get real. If you don't like the new material, get out of my band.
Peace.

I agree with you mate ;) But now, we´re minority. But time will give us right, I´m sure. How easy is to follow the mass by saying "It´s the best U2 album, yeah I love it !!!" and things like that. On the other hand, how hard is to stand with your own feelings about this album, specially if you dislike it ( Like me ).

:wave:

Re: Re: It's that time again folks...HTDAAB taking on water

ponkine said:

I agree with you mate ;) But now, we´re minority. But time will give us right, I´m sure. How easy is to follow the mass by saying "It´s the best U2 album, yeah I love it !!!" and things like that. On the other hand, how hard is to stand with your own feelings about this album, specially if you dislike it ( Like me ).
I think you might want to reread the original post before agreeing.

And maybe some people are "standing with their own feelings" about liking or loving this album. It does not mean they are following the masses or brain-washed or sheep or whatever the insults usually are. I'm really not sure why this is so hard for some folks to understand, but you need to start respecting the fact that some people actually do like this album and/or ATYCLB and current U2, period.

You can't give any opinion on HTDAAB for another four years. Then you'll know how good it is.

Re: Re: It's that time again folks...HTDAAB taking on water

ponkine said:

:wave:

You're so brave.

I'm not sure if I agree with the rosy outlook on ATYCLB four years ago. If I remember correctly, there was plenty of criticism of ATYCLB when it first came out, and there's criticism of HTDAAB now as well. As whenever a new U2 album comes out.

And ponkine... do get off your cross already.

People were bashing ATYCLB just as bad as they are bashing HTDAAB. Nothing new here.

See, U2 is always going to "lose" when they put out a new album, because of their past success.

If their new album is really different, people say they've "lost touch", "they aren't the same", "they sold out", etc.

On the other hand if their new album is the same, they are "playing it safe", "no longer creative", "losing it", etc.

Then there are the group of fans who just APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT U2 EVEN BOTHERS TO RELEASE A NEW RECORD 25 YEARS INTO THEIR CAREERS.

Me? I say THANK YOU U2 FOR CONTINUING TO STICK TOGETHER AND MAKE MUSIC.

End of story.

It's a nice album. It is not a masterpiece. They're competing against themselves, a competition they cannot win. And if anything, U2 is responsible for how my taste in music evolved ... so what I like today, even more than the new U2 album, is probably cause of U2.

There has been much bashing of every U2 album since I have been a fan and infact this bashing is quite light compaired to what happened when POP first came out you couldnt find too many people here that even liked the album...shows me there is either too high an expectation or people just like to complain.

teebee said:
It's a nice album. It is not a masterpiece. They're competing against themselves, a competition they cannot win. And if anything, U2 is responsible for how my taste in music evolved ... so what I like today, even more than the new U2 album, is probably cause of U2.

My feelings exactly! :up:

Thank Zoocoustic, amniar and everyone else who will decide to stick with U2 no matter what others say.

I don't listen to U2's music because it is hip or popular at the moment, I listen to U2 because it speaks to something DEEP WITHIN MY HEART AND SOUL and elevates me to that higher place. :wink:

everyone loves both albums

i know this has been discussed...but reading this forum sucks the soul from this record. - It is changing lives...it is already having a lasting impact in my friends who have never known U2 and my roomate who has been a fan since JT. -

You are allowed to not like it - but there is something wrong with the amount time spent on analyzing this record.

PEOPL ARE NOT LETING THE MUSIC BE. -THEY ARE NOT LETTING IT BE WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. THEY ARE NOT LETTING IT TAKE THEM OVER.

The are becoming critics instead of music lovers...

Love,

theyhype said:
everyone loves both albums

i know this has been discussed...but reading this forum sucks the soul from this record. - It is changing lives...it is already having a lasting impact in my friends who have never known U2 and my roomate who has been a fan since JT. -

You are allowed to not like it - but there is something wrong with the amount time spent on analyzing this record.

PEOPL ARE NOT LETING THE MUSIC BE. -THEY ARE NOT LETTING IT BE WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. THEY ARE NOT LETTING IT TAKE THEM OVER.

The are becoming critics instead of music lovers...

Love,

YES ONE COULD EVEN PERHAPS SAY THEY ARE NOT LETTING IT 'HAPPEN' TO THEM

I LET IT HAPPEN TO ME AND NOW I CANT STOP HAPPENING

- Boy - Too early
- October - Too Eighties
- War - Too Vitriolic
- The Unforgettable Fire - Not a proper rock album
- The Joshua Tree - Too American
- Rattle and Hum - Too bombastic
- Achtung Baby - Too experimental
- Zooropa - Not a standalone album
- Original Soundtracks No. 1 - WTF
- Pop - Unfinished (and Gay)
- All That You Can't Leave Behind - Too Weak
- How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - Too unoriginal

My God, they have put some shit out over the years haven't they!

'GAY' THATS FUNNY DUDE, I SAID THE SAME THING UNTIL THEY PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE TO SHUT UP

OH WELL GOTTA GO NOW, NURSE SAYS ITS IMTE FR BED

- Boy - Too early
- October - Too Eighties
- War - Too Vitriolic
- The Unforgettable Fire - Not a proper rock album
- The Joshua Tree - Too American
- Rattle and Hum - Too bombastic
- Achtung Baby - Too experimental
- Zooropa - Not a standalone album
- Original Soundtracks No. 1 - WTF
- Pop - Unfinished (and Gay)
- All That You Can't Leave Behind - Too Weak
- How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - Too unoriginal

Thats classic I love it LOL!

Zoocoustic said:
Then there are the group of fans who just APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT U2 EVEN BOTHERS TO RELEASE A NEW RECORD 25 YEARS INTO THEIR CAREERS.

What for my friend ? They´re disgracing the legendary status they achieved by putting out this same All That You Can´t Leave Behind cocktail :tsk:

Come on boys, don´t you see this album is getting their worst ever rating ? just go to www.amazon.com if you don´t believe me !!!. If this album were as good as you say, it would get great reviews, but fans are feeling ripped- off. NOBODY feel ripped-off with such albums like Joshua Tree, UF, War, Achtung Baby, even Zooropa or Pop are better for most of fans. ( despite many of you hate both albums they have better rating than this overexposed "bomb"... why ?. )
:tsk:

Finally the truth comes out mates and we have to accept it.

LOVE IS BLINDNESS, I DON´T WANT TO SEE....
( U2 - 1991 )

:tsk:

Damn U2 sounding like U2......

Who do they think they are ?....

They have created a brilliant album with some fantastic tunes that will stand the test of time. No matter how experimental they get they still sound like the same 4 guys just making music.

Listen to Zoo Station again & compare it to say One Step Closer from the new album. Completely different but even a non fan would know it was U2 before Bono evens opens his mouth.

No other band are that easily identifiable & unique.... That's the true gift no matter what the songs sound like.

Back
Top Bottom