is there an official pop muzik studio track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they did record it, at least Bono did with his vocals on the offically released version from the LNOE single.

There is also a promo that contains an edited version of Pop Muzik (Pop Mart Mix), which is much better. The original goes on forever...

oh, well i thought it was u2s try at techno/house music. it kinda sucks that it isnt their song, i was putting together a cd of various u2 songs for a friend that display that change in musical style over their career (he said "u2 always sounds the same" during the ipod commercial, which is absurd) and pop muzik wouldve been gold.

U2Kitten said:
In case you didn't know, this is not a U2 song, it was done originally by "M" back in 1980. Maybe they had the rights to use it for the show but not to record it.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=1451

I thought Pop muzik used a sample of New Year's day piano melody. I always thought it was something they did for the tour opening, like the Elevation remix.

There was an intro before "Pop Muzik" at some shows that was like a techno song that sampled the "New Year's Day" keyboard bit (it's on my Sarajevo boot). Some shows had the "Mission: Impossible" theme there instead.

I wouldn't mind knowing which version is playing at the beginning of the Popmart Video...obviously an "M" version...but which??

Besides the 8 minute version from LNOE and the edited version, there are 2 demo versions of PopMuzik with less 'production' (ie simpler/cleaner from an instrumentation point of view but a bit rough).

The demos also have a different vocal take to the official release.

Unfortunately I think I lost these tracks when my PC crashed last year. I originally downloaded them from a website that had other demos from that era (like the 'instrumental' and 'rock' demos of I'm Not Your Baby which are both better than the b-side and soundtrack versions).

I may have burnt them to a disk so I'll have a look tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Back
Top Bottom