Is Levitate fucking awesome or what!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a full version of Levitate!!
& almost too crystal clear! Without the cut-off end!
And yes, it is different than the initial version!

U2 seem a little deaf and blind lately for their own songs/gems who have this "special-U2-chickenskin-creating-otherthanotherness-untouchability" in them!

They still got it, but they seem to think that: the bigger/bombastic the ballads, the louder the guitars, the more "down-to-earth-in your-face-song", the better...
While they always were the masters of finesse, especially Edge. Even he plays it safe nowadays...! It's incredible to me that they themselves don't seem to hear that there's passion-sparks and magic in these songs and yet they store them on dusty shelves leaving them to rust. (Do we need Lanois here to show them the way again to U2-Heaven?)

Anyway, there's hope: apparently they still make songs like Smile, Mercy, and Levitate... Listen how Bono's singing in these songs isn't pushy and in-your-face but he lures you with passionate but relaxed singing:

Listen to how he sings: .."lift me up..." almost at the end of Levitate (the whole song is sung fantastic and with silken feeling, by the way!) Or the way he means it when he sing the chorusses in Mercy: .."love hears when I lie..etc" Old fashion pureness by Bono, the way we all love him the most!

Anyway, enjoy and listen critically again: Levitate (mail me)

Can you e-mail me the clear version (patokeefe@yahoo.com)? Mine is not a very good recording.

Thank you!

onyourkneesboy said:
Oh, yeah I forget to mention: this version is also LONGER!
Thanks a lot. I was able to download that full version before the link was removed. Indeed has another runtime, about 8 sec long, and I guess it sounds a bit different from the iTunes version. :)

alanah said:

Thanks a lot. I was able to download that full version before the link was removed. Indeed has another runtime, about 8 sec long, and I guess it sounds a bit different from the iTunes version. :)

I'm still not getting one detail: where did that "new" version came from? Is that a fan rework or something new that surfaced now?

Thanks a lot for sending it, DreamOutLoud13.

Very cool track -- almost a techno song. Also it contains the lyrics "be the bee, and the flower / before the sweetness turns to sour" which is also used in "Always," and the "freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" line from Miracle Drug.

Only a lyricist with Bono's ego would sample his own lyrics! :wink:

Last edited:
LyricalDrug said:
Thanks a lot for sending it, DreamOutLoud13.

Very cool track -- almost a techno song. Also it contains the lyrics "be the bee, and the flower / before the sweetness turns to sour" which is also used in "Always."

Bono, you slacker! :wink:

Levitate and Always are really sad composites of previous songs (and also of future songs) lyrically. :(

I really like Flower Child and Love You Like Mad...though I'm not sure that they're any better than anything already on ATYCLB.

I'd love Flower Child a lot more if Bono's vocal was stronger...but hell he struggled on most of ATYCLB so I'll take what I get and I'll enjoy it. :yes:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I really like Flower Child and Love You Like Mad...though I'm not sure that they're any better than anything already on ATYCLB.

I'd love Flower Child a lot more if Bono's vocal was stronger...but hell he struggled on most of ATYCLB so I'll take what I get and I'll enjoy it. :yes:

I LOOOOOOOVE Flower Child. That is a modern pop masterpiece just like Wild Honey, and both songs have those great, raspy vocals. :drool:

Shamefully I on't have this...but someone mentioned Are You Gonna Wait Forever, which is such a great B-side.

I'll be thankful when this current trend of perfectly good discussions turning into request threads comes to an end.

OMG GUYS I DON'T HAVE BEAUTIFUL DAY, SEND IT TO IDON'TKNOWWHEREMUSICONTHEINTERNETIS@INTERFERENCE.COM THX!

I listened to the song after reading this thread last night. I know everyone hates when people do this in appreciation threads, but the overwhelming love for this song honestly baffles me.

Ultimate driving song? I'd cause car accidents if I had to listen to it.

Memorable bass line? What bass line? I had to listen to it a second time to hear it. Sure, it was obvious the second time I listened to it, but I didn't find anything special about it.

And I don't like the lyrics at all either.

Okay, sorry to be wet blanket. Continue appreciating.

GibsonGirl said:

Chiz, listen to it from 2:18 onwards! With earphones preferably because Adam's bass and Edge's phaser get drowned out otherwise. Ignore Bono's lyrics. Then it's good.

GibsonGirl said:

Chiz, listen to it from 2:18 onwards! With earphones preferably because Adam's bass and Edge's phaser get drowned out otherwise. Ignore Bono's lyrics. Then it's good.

GibsonGirl said:

Back
Top Bottom