Is Larry married?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crimson_Nails said:

Well you are one lucky person. I've tried to just upload etc..but it doesn't work. *sigh*

me + computers = :crazy:

You don't need an Edge brain to see that!

does it give you the message about the lack of memory space on your computer everytime you try to upload pictures? because that could be one of two things. The first is that it wants you to install softwear on your computer because a lot of sites (including hotmail e-mails) for uploading pictures you need a special softwear that I believe is flash based, new computers have it but if your computers five years old it wouldn't. If that's the problem then its relativly easy to fix by uninstalling programs.

The second thing it could be is because you have an old computer and the photo-uploading program requires a lot of power to run, the memory card (representing the working memory space on your computer, ie the space filled up when your computer is processing the work your making it do) being 5 years old would be relativly small and might not have the size to run a more complex program like the one for uploading immages to photobucket. Theres 2 possible ways to solve this, one is to close all other programs when using photobucket, this includes the ones in your system icon tray (the stuff in the bottom right hand corner of your screen next to the clock) programs like quicktime and msn messenger that start up as soon as you start your computer are represented here and are running thus taking up memory space. To close most of them just right click and then click "exit". If that doesn't clear up enough memory space then the other thing you can do is buy a new memory card for your PC, they're normally $100-$200 unless you want a really big one, which is a lot cheeper then buying a new computer.

sorry for being massivly off topic, I just happen to know computer stuff.

linny82 said:
I found these 2 pics of larry and ann

99afb013.jpg

:cute: It always amazes me that couples tend to favor one another.

Cute photo.

edge's girl said:

If that doesn't clear up enough memory space then the other thing you can do is buy a new memory card for your PC, they're normally $100-$200 unless you want a really big one, which is a lot cheeper then buying a new computer.

Just make sure to have someone at the computer store look up the exact model of your computer (or it's motherboard) before you buy RAM. Most old computers max out at two slots and 256MB PC100/133 RAM total, meaning you can't run out and grab a good deal on a single 256MB stick b/c if the comp. maxes out at 256 w/ 2 slots, you can't always put the max in a single slot (you'd need two sticks of 128MB). Also, older computers uses different types of RAM at different speeds (probably PC 100 or PC 133).

But yeah, tossing some more RAM in there will be a lot cheaper than upgrading the entire machine. However if your processor is slow as well, the RAM can only do so much...

ETA: if the computer has Windows ME, 98, or 95, you really should consider getting a new one. These operating systems are now so obsolete, they are no longer supported by Microsoft itself. This means Microsoft no longer issues Windows Update patches and such for these operating systems, so any bugs in the system will be there forever, and any security vulnerabilities will not be patched.

Last edited:
There should be some good deals on computers soon with Microsofts new OS Vista supposedly coming out this spring.

MSMCGirl said:
There were three versions of the video made...one in Berlin with Bob Hewson, one that mainly had the buffalo in it running, and one that took place in a bar (the one with Larry dancing). The Bob Hewson is the one that got the most play.

I heard they made five And I've seen four:

1. Them in drag with the Trabants.
2. Bono in bar.
3. Them playing in the studio with the buffalo footage.
4. The buffalo one with the flowers and the words.

I've never seen the Bob Hewson one unless he's in any of the ones above.

Just a nosey observation:::Notice how they both seem to wear the same type of holiday clothes..above pic, taken a few years back and the pic below a few months ago, cept Ann is wearing pants in the pic below...:wink:

:ohmy: Yeah! :ohmy: ..sorry never noticed that before..

P.S..Ann is very "pixie-like" with short hair

Yeah, she has very delicate features. I think she is quite pretty :)

SimplyConfused said:

I heard they made five And I've seen four:

1. Them in drag with the Trabants.
2. Bono in bar.
3. Them playing in the studio with the buffalo footage.
4. The buffalo one with the flowers and the words.

I've never seen the Bob Hewson one unless he's in any of the ones above.

He was in the drag version.
I didn't know there where 2 videos with buffalos

The way I heard it, they scrapped the one with the buffalos and the band. The video can be seen one the documentary on the Best of DVD, but I don't think they released it...

JezSnape said:
The way I heard it, they scrapped the one with the buffalos and the band. The video can be seen one the documentary on the Best of DVD, but I don't think they released it...
yup, correct... I think it was a mix of the buffalo one and the band parts of the Bar vid(has some band in studio shots in it).. and the Bar one got the most airplay in the beginning, since the Drag one was inapropriate(spelling?) timing, so they gave that out later.. but it's by far the most popular one :drool: Bono in dress....
and what was it with the story of Adam and not willing to take his dress off???

also, am I the only one lolling over Larry and his supercool Spiderman Backpack?

Actually, I think I remember reading in one of those many U2 books that Larry /is/ married. And she does have a giant wedding ring on.
I think Adam is the solo bachelor now. I think. *eyes Adam suspiciously*

Ohyeh. I think it was u2 at the end of the world that mentioned it. I could be wrong though.

GracelandHarley said:

I think she was just trying to be self-deprecating and funny... I didn't read it as sarcasm at all.

I didn't mean to put sarcasm in there at all, sorry if you read it that way, granny. You're pics are really good, I appreciate the fact that you contribut to most threads.

Edge's girl: thanks for all the computer info, I'll see what I can do. You have the Edge brain, the man would be proud! :wink:

(PS GracelandHarley: your avatar is really :drool: Do you have any more pics of him on that Harley, please?)

Devlin said:
Actually, I think I remember reading in one of those many U2 books that Larry /is/ married. And she does have a giant wedding ring on.
I think Adam is the solo bachelor now. I think. *eyes Adam suspiciously*

Ohyeh. I think it was u2 at the end of the world that mentioned it. I could be wrong though.

This book is hilarious, a really good read.
I think that somewhere in the book U2 are discussing an interview. They were saying that there was a huge section about Bono, a page of Edge and a pic each of Larry and Adam.
Larry was saying that he resented the babes and bikes image he'd been given; his caption was something like "Likes boats, rides a Harley has a longterm girlfriend"
Adam's was the one that said, "Handsome in and ugly way."
LMAO :lol:

Hope that cleared it up for you

Heh. That was funny. Sullen Mullen. *cackles* Poor Larry. He's so cute. And not married. Heh. The ring's a warn-off, then? Cool. I have two of those.

I wish I could remember which article this was in, but there have been so many in the past two or three years. Anyway, in this particular article, which I recall was in a "reputable" magazine (not a tabloid) Larry was asked directly if he was married and he said, "No", that they "had never gotten around to it". I'll keep looking for it. Does this not ring a bell with anyone? (Perhaps it was Hot Press. I have a subscription to that, but I know there are often items in it that don't get covered here at Interference.)
:shrug:

biff said:
I wish I could remember which article this was in, but there have been so many in the past two or three years. Anyway, in this particular article, which I recall was in a "reputable" magazine (not a tabloid) Larry was asked directly if he was married and he said, "No", that they "had never gotten around to it". I'll keep looking for it. Does this not ring a bell with anyone? (Perhaps it was Hot Press. I have a subscription to that, but I know there are often items in it that don't get covered here at Interference.)

Yeah I remember that, you might be right. I have a supscription to Hot Press so it might be something I read in that? Can someone enlighten us please?

Crimson_Nails said:
Right, where do I begin....*clears throat* I have had this computer for 5 years and so it is considered completely decrepit by the kind fellows at PC World. This computer is used by practically everyone I know; my mum, dad, sister, cousin and even my goddamn neighbor! They all install various programs which take their fancy WITHOUT TELLING ME! :mad: So when I attempted to install Photobucket, the program used to post pictures, the computer flashed up a message saying, 'There is not enough memory space on your PC' and proceeded to crash:grumpy: The man at PC World fixed it, after much exclaiming about how old it was, and told me that I would have to buy I whole new computer to have enough memory. And I don't have that kind of money. So, in other words, there is no way in which I could post pictures, much as I'd like to.

I've seen the 'One' documentary on the 'Best of' DVD and I haven't seen Larry dancing with anyone?! :scratch: Is it possible for you to post a link to it please?

C_N

ok, sneaky question here: Can't you sorta 'delete' some of the crap that's been installed by someone else..oops, I seem to have deleted some of the programs that were installed by someone else...oh well, this kinda thing happens all the time....(Not that I'm deceitful, you understand...:evil: ) Maybe if you deep scanned your registry it'd clear some of the 'unused' crap off your system and clear some space. I dunno. I'm not particularly computer literate but I'm sure that there's probably loadsa stuff that no one has used in ages...

...ok going now...;)

Well the funny thing is I CAN'T DELETE THE GODDAMN CRAP!!! It says I need the actual CD to uninstall it, and, perhaps wisely, everyonw has hidden there disks. So basically I'm stuck.
I think it's time we stopped discussing my woeful tale, it's doing no one any favours and probably boring the socks off everyone!:wink:

Crimson_Nails said:
Well the funny thing is I CAN'T DELETE THE GODDAMN CRAP!!! It says I need the actual CD to uninstall it, and, perhaps wisely, everyonw has hidden there disks. So basically I'm stuck.
I think it's time we stopped discussing my woeful tale, it's doing no one any favours and probably boring the socks off everyone!:wink:

Ok, one more thing though....You should have a 'search and remove' program in your program files...:evil: :evil: Anything you don't recognise you can delete..hee hee Ok, leaving now...

youvedonewhat said:

Ok, one more thing though....You should have a 'search and remove' program in your program files...:evil: :evil: Anything you don't recognise you can delete..hee hee Ok, leaving now...

I think we have something in common here, and you know what they say, "Great minds think alike." I've deleted as many things as I can, so I can just hope....*crosses fingers and toes*

MSMCGirl said:
U2 Granny...you beat me to it! I'm still figuring out how to post photos! :)

That's it!

Linny: where were those photos taken? THe Grammys?

hi!I dont no for sure,But I thought it is on the grammy's:wink:
I think its funny thet wear both the same ''shirt'':wink:
dont know how to say it english:wink:
you know what I mean?:reject:

biff said:
I know there's somethign in the Nude interview they had with Dave Fanning. (The one where everyone takes their clothes off :D )

I'll have a little look around.

Found it! http://u2_interviews.tripod.com/id42.html

Caller: Um, when is Larry thinking of getting married? (laughter)

Bono: Oooooh!

Larry: Well, um, that's a good question. No-one's asked me yet.

Bono: He's already married to Adam!

Larry: I think it's when Ann decides, is the answer to that.

Caller: Who's Ann? (a chorus of Ooooooh!') Well just tell him I'm available, will you?

Larry: Oh yeah, well you can leave your phone number and I'll give you a ring later on, alright?

Back
Top Bottom