Is Larry married?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSMCGirl

Babyface
Hi...what is the story on Larry? I hear he's married/not married. I figured since he was raised Catholic/still Christian he might be married (since he has kids)...but it seems no one knows for sure. Are there pics out there of his girlfriend/wife? All the other guys are less shy about such things than Larry!

Hi there :wave: I think one of my first posts was this question. As far as I know he's not married, but Ann Acheson is his long-term partner, they're childhood sweethearts apparently :love:
I have quite a few pictures of Ann and Larry but unfortunately I can't post them:mad: Anyway, there was a thread some time ago where people were comparing the wives/girlfriends of the guys, there was some debate as to whether Ann was pretty (if I remember rightly). I personally think she is and Larry is very lucky to have her, but I'll let you decide when some kind person posts some pics.

C_N

Crimson...why can't you post the pictures? Will they be taken off? I read a post that said that Larry's girlfriend is the girl he dances with in one version of the "One" video. That girl was pretty...but someone said that that was NOT Larry's girlfriend.

Right, where do I begin....*clears throat* I have had this computer for 5 years and so it is considered completely decrepit by the kind fellows at PC World. This computer is used by practically everyone I know; my mum, dad, sister, cousin and even my goddamn neighbor! They all install various programs which take their fancy WITHOUT TELLING ME! :mad: So when I attempted to install Photobucket, the program used to post pictures, the computer flashed up a message saying, 'There is not enough memory space on your PC' and proceeded to crash:grumpy: The man at PC World fixed it, after much exclaiming about how old it was, and told me that I would have to buy I whole new computer to have enough memory. And I don't have that kind of money. So, in other words, there is no way in which I could post pictures, much as I'd like to.

I've seen the 'One' documentary on the 'Best of' DVD and I haven't seen Larry dancing with anyone?! :scratch: Is it possible for you to post a link to it please?

C_N

If memory serves, there's a cute picture of them in the Eamon Dunphy book ("Unforgettable Fire?"). I'd scan it in, but my scanner is a lost cause.

In the meantime, here are two from the Oscars a few years back.

oscars1.jpg

oscars2.jpg

Crimson_Nails said:
Right, where do I begin....*clears throat* I have had this computer for 5 years and so it is considered completely decrepit by the kind fellows at PC World. This computer is used by practically everyone I know; my mum, dad, sister, cousin and even my goddamn neighbor! They all install various programs which take their fancy WITHOUT TELLING ME! :mad: So when I attempted to install Photobucket, the program used to post pictures, the computer flashed up a message saying, 'There is not enough memory space on your PC' and proceeded to crash:grumpy: The man at PC World fixed it, after much exclaiming about how old it was, and told me that I would have to buy I whole new computer to have enough memory. And I don't have that kind of money. So, in other words, there is no way in which I could post pictures, much as I'd like to.

I've seen the 'One' documentary on the 'Best of' DVD and I haven't seen Larry dancing with anyone?! :scratch: Is it possible for you to post a link to it please?

C_N

I didn't have to install photobucket.:shrug: I just upload pictures to my account.

Crimson_Nails said:
Anyway, there was a thread some time ago where people were comparing the wives/girlfriends of the guys, there was some debate as to whether Ann was pretty (if I remember rightly). I personally think she is and Larry is very lucky to have her

I think she's pretty, too. She kind of reminds me of a younger Meryl Streep. And she and Larry have been together for more than twenty years. I'd say they're both very lucky to have each other. :)

Crimson_Nails said:

Well you are one lucky person. I've tried to just upload etc..but it doesn't work. *sigh*

me + computers = :crazy:

You don't need an Edge brain to see that!

Could have done without the sarcasm. And I was going to try to help you out.

if you want to post pics here... use imageshack.us ... it uploads your pics without needing to sign etc, but you'll get the Url once... whenever you need a picture, just upload it again.. works for me!

Even if they don't have the paper that says it, they're as good as married anyway, I mean they've been together as long as Bono and Ali, made a home together, have a family, etc... Married. :)

Pop Artist said:
Even if they don't have the paper that says it, they're as good as married anyway, I mean they've been together as long as Bono and Ali, made a home together, have a family, etc... Married. :)

Yeah, that's the way I look at it.

Wow...where do you guys find these pictures?? THAT'S Ann. She's pretty. It's nice that Larry has been with a "normal" looking women (and not L.A. plastic/tan/fake boobed actresses) forever. He must be a good guy (and so cute!).

Crimson...I do NOT have that video either but would LOVE to see it again ...where Larry dances. I think there's a photo fron it in a magazine or book I have...I'll try to find and post here. It's definitely not on the Greatest Hits DVD (I think that has the Bob Hewson "One" video...I think they made three versions?). Now that people have posted the "real" Ann, I don't think that's her in the video slow dancing with Larry...

I think it is a picture from the shoot rather than the actual video, no?

There were three versions of the video made...one in Berlin with Bob Hewson, one that mainly had the buffalo in it running, and one that took place in a bar (the one with Larry dancing). The Bob Hewson is the one that got the most play.

I think she's pretty. She does look a lot like meryl streep in some of those pics.

Miroslava said:
I think it is a picture from the shoot rather than the actual video, no?

It is from one of the One videos. I got rid of most of the stills. There might be some left on another site.

For the life of me I cant remember Larry dancing on that video though I have seen pictures from the shoot... then again... Bono in that video :drool: :drool:

Aha! We were both right. Larry does dance briefly in the video, but the specific picture in question is indeed from the shoot and not a still. The picture can be found on BP's book.

Back
Top Bottom