Is he saying what I think he is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I think It´s..."...I want to suck you..." but maybe I´m too much in love with him..or crasy...or both!!!
:ohmy: :crack:

Where was I when this happened?

**goes to listen to 2:39**
Headphones ... headphones
4e513add.gif

I sorry if this is too late, but my site has 2 suggestions of what he might say.

http://www.webbportalen.com/u2secrets2tell/popvelvet.html

Hope this doesn't count as advertising my website, it wasn't my intention to do so..

"Any posts or threads advertising your forum or website are unacceptable and considered spam, and will be deleted. A small text link to your personal website in your signature is acceptable."

Last edited:
I don't know about the ipod version, but at the begining of "Velvet Dress" on the Pop cd. Bono definately says "I wanna suck you." The word "suck" has a fraction of a second, pause or glick, which means, it has been editied. From, possibly the original word "fuck." The word suck or 's' sound was added later, overlapped over the original word, because it is not a smooth transition and Bono does not have a catch in his voice, such as the singer Patsy Cline.

As far as the hidden message in the middle of the song. Listen again. Bono is saying "Do you feel okay....Should we mess around Katie......So what's your answer.

I am not trying to be a know it all. But, I took several multimedia/recording courses in college and I am sometimes able, to hear edits.

Cheers,

Maeve

Maeve said:

As far as the hidden message in the middle of the song. Listen again. Bono is saying "Do you feel okay....Should we mess around Katie......So what's your answer.

:confused: Is this a joke?

Wow ............. I think I may just take a listen tonite , who knows might make me sleep alot better too........:wink:

Maeve said:
Bono is saying "Do you feel okay....Should we mess around Katie......

Yep, that's what I've always heard, too. Not sure it's the right text, though.:eyebrow:

caligemini said:
I just noticed the whispering with my iPod also! I think he says "oh shit", but I'm not positive. Please let me know! It's been bothering me for 2 weeks!

You can hear "oh shit" on Unforgettable Fire (the song), turn it up as loud as you can, right at the beginning, you hear a counting with drumsticks, then an "oh shit" from Larry I think.

jujuvox2002 said:
...I think It´s..."...I want to suck you..." but maybe I´m too much in love with him..or crasy...or both!!!:combust: :censored: :love: :coocoo:

<smacks hand on head> WOW! I figured it out. Bono is a vampire! I mean, think about it, he's a very oral person when you think about his lyrics, wanting to suck people, talking about his tongue all the time, and the taste in his mouth. He's absolutely devestatingly sexy. Looking into his naked eyes produces a hopeless hypnotic trance. He mostly roams around in the night and avoids the church (well, at least the organized church). He dresses all in black and always has shades on to protect him from daylight! He's unbelievably pale! He enjoys biting fans at concerts!

HA! I'm on to you, Bono... :wink:

Seriously, though - yeah, it's something like "Iwannasuckyou" - very fast.

Okay, nurse, I'm ready for my straightjacket again.

Last edited:
EPandAmerica said:

:confused: Is this a joke?

No, it isn't a joke. Listen to Velvet Dress on the Pop cd, with headphones. And at the part of the song in question. Turn it up loud. I did make a slight mistake though...

"You feel okay.....should we mess around, Katie.....so, what's your answer"

Wow!! I listened to it last night. A few times!!! I never noticed it before. I don't think I would've concluded that he was saying I want to suck you. But now that I know it definitely sounds like it. As for the other part...I can barely make out words. What kind of headphones do you have????

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

<smacks hand on head> WOW! I figured it out. Bono is a vampire! I mean, think about it, he's a very oral person when you think about his lyrics, wanting to suck people, talking about his tongue all the time, and the taste in his mouth. He's absolutely devestatingly sexy. Looking into his naked eyes produces a hopeless hypnotic trance. He mostly roams around in the night and avoids the church (well, at least the organized church). He dresses all in black and always has shades on to protect him from daylight! He's unbelievably pale! He enjoys biting fans at concerts!

LMAO!!!! This is brill...(and the suggestion of B being a night walker is even better....mmmmmm.....gimme the night...

:drool:

So you feel okay?
Are you sure it's okay?
'Cause I want some more

This is what I hear in the middle of the song. :combust:

Back
Top Bottom