Is 402 the best U2 song since 'One'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, i don't know 402, but i doubt that is better than please and i am sure that is better than original of species

Utoo said:

Oh, great Loris....these lyrics have been brewing in your head for quite some time!

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36852&highlight=sun+moon+stars

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87654&highlight=sun+moon+stars

Is your hibernation alarm clock set for "whenever new songs are about to come?" :wink:
Nature's internal alarm clocks are quite amazing, aren't they? In all seriousness, it's not planned. I think I might be psychic. :wink:

The Slow Loris! :ohmy:

I'm speechless.

I have a Mango, but you may not eat it. :wink:

It is the name of our dog. Inspired by that hypnotic stripper on SNL. "I must have MANGO!" :drool:

402 is great... I think, but my hearing is not so good (hearing aids). I really need a master take to make a proper judgement.

The Slow Loris said:

And you still haven't answered the original question!!!

:ohmy:

Which is, if it isn't better than 'One', which is their best song since that time?

True.

If another AB song counts, I'd say Until the end of the world.

If not, Stay, followed closely by OOTS and Kite.

Pretty much anything on Zooropa or Pop is better than One.

And yes, I like 402 more than One.

One is good though. :wink:

The Slow Loris said:

Nature's internal alarm clocks are quite amazing, aren't they? In all seriousness, it's not planned. I think I might be psychic. :wink:

haha...good enough :wink:

U2girl said:

True.

If another AB song counts, I'd say Until the end of the world.

If not, Stay, followed closely by OOTS and Kite.
I should have asked if 402 is the best song since post Achtung Baby! And I would also pick 'Stay' and 'Kite' to be the two best songs, if not for that last verse in 'Kite' (Bono trying to rhyme "media" with "idea"....yikes!!). As such, 'Miss Sarajevo' sneaks in to tie 'Stay' right before the finish line!!

:wink:

PS. 402 will make you feel the way you used to feel when listening to albums like Achtung Baby for the first time. :drool:

Roland of Gilead said:
The Slow Loris! :ohmy:

I'm speechless.

I have a Mango, but you may not eat it. :wink:

It is the name of our dog. Inspired by that hypnotic stripper on SNL. "I must have MANGO!" :drool:

402 is great... I think, but my hearing is not so good (hearing aids). I really need a master take to make a proper judgement.
Haha! You're speechless or peachless? Because they (peaches) are almost as good as mangos. In fact, they are the greatest fruit that can be grown in North America!

PS. Your story is proof that there really is a DOG. Mangos are heavenly. ;)

:lol:

cat-bag.jpg

Haha! It would be even better if you could find one with a Loris coming out of a bag, LOL. Not that it wasn't obvious already! Of course, it would take a little background research into the storied Interference past. Ah, such good times, good memories. You should have seen it in the really bad old days, when The Slow Loris was sacrificed by the leader of this whole thing. Oh, the uproar! That was when the myth was born. Some people never liked The Slow Loris, and still don't.....so I think the time has come to send him back to Indonesia. What do you say?

is 402 the best song since one,
how can you possibly tell, its a dodgy recording of an imcomplete song done in a rehearsal studio, which hasnt been mastered and produced, the lyrics will more than likley been changed several times since the recording, the layout wont be sorted but yet this question is asked?
i just dont understand how you can have a fair comparison.

The Slow Loris said:
Haha! It would be even better if you could find one with a Loris coming out of a bag, LOL. Not that it wasn't obvious already! Of course, it would take a little background research into the storied Interference past. Ah, such good times, good memories. You should have seen it in the really bad old days, when The Slow Loris was sacrificed by the leader of this whole thing. Oh, the uproar! That was when the myth was born. Some people never liked The Slow Loris, and still don't.....so I think the time has come to send him back to Indonesia. What do you say?

Eh, I think some fun is in order now and then!

Utoo said:

Eh, I think some fun is in order now and then!
Thanks for saying so, Utoo! You know, reading through those old threads, I realize that people didn't really care if The Slow Loris was real or not. They simply enjoyed using their imagination and thinking, "Wow, what does the new album sound like....could it be like that? That's a cool sounding song....I like those lyrics." It was entertaining for me and everyone else. It was all in fun, and I think that's all that really mattered to most of the people who actually got it.

402 the best since One? No way. It's a good song from what I can hear, but it's not even better than everything on Bomb. But it's kinda hard to judge a likely unfinished low quality beach clip.

the solo on 404 though... :drool: best studio solo since something from Achtung? perhaps

ClaytonMan said:
is 402 the best song since one,
how can you possibly tell, its a dodgy recording of an imcomplete song done in a rehearsal studio, which hasnt been mastered and produced, the lyrics will more than likley been changed several times since the recording, the layout wont be sorted but yet this question is asked?
i just dont understand how you can have a fair comparison.
I'm not talking about the recording, the production, the layout, or even the lyrics. I'm talking about the spirit of the song. This song's spirit tells me it's something special. If they retain that to the end of its creation, it will be one of the best U2 songs ever.

Who cares! One is a great song, and nothing said on this thread will change that. So will 402 be a great U2 song??? If it's ever released, then we can judge it.....otherwise it's just a dodgy beach clip.....of which 409 is the best in MHO!

:wink:
Yes I do care.
I hope these beach clips do make it to an album...in 2008!!! Just think that 409 has the potential to be great because the intro is so different!

Do you mean 404 or 409? Cause isn't 409 The Strokes' song? What I love about 404 is how effortless the verses sound. It's like it's not even trying to sound classic, yet it does. And the chorus is huge, obviously. Some might call it cheesy, but it's so infectious that people will quickly forget about that. I would say the verses and chorus are both stronger than 'Beautiful Day' -- by a long shot. Sounds like an instant #1 hit. Now let's see if U2 can keep it together!

Back
Top Bottom