Irish Independent NLOTH track by track preview / All Other Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably arent allowed to say much about the album...we will get more concrete stuff as the album gets closer. I hope :)

Covers

BRIAN ENO: In this month’s MOJO Interview, the godfather of ambient and super producer of some of the world’s biggest bands steps from behind the mixing desk to reveal all. “Producing is the best paid form of cowardice,” he tells Mike Barnes.

Am I the only one thinking we might read some some about the new album, coming from Eno? Finally? :)

"Every generation has a chance to change the world". Made me:doh: But i wait for it in context before i judge.

That's what I thought... :-/
Joining "Choose your enemies carefully coz they'll define you"... these lyrics look like Bono in its endless speeches. Let's wait for the context and the way it places in the music.

Covers

BRIAN ENO: In this month’s MOJO Interview, the godfather of ambient and super producer of some of the world’s biggest bands steps from behind the mixing desk to reveal all. “Producing is the best paid form of cowardice,” he tells Mike Barnes.

Am I the only one thinking we might read some some about the new album, coming from Eno? Finally? :)

any idea on when this comes out?

(sorry was meant for another thread but anyways:)

U2.com confirms playng at the Grammys (and the Brit Awards and the Echo Awards).

U2.com | Official News

Grammy Performance Next Month
U2 will play at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles next month.

The 51st annual Grammy Awards take place on February 8th and there's plenty of other great acts lined up including Kid Rock, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Rihanna, Coldplay, Jennifer Hudson, Lil Wayne, Paul McCartney, Radiohead and Jay-Z.

It will air on CBS from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). More here.

The band have already confirmed they'll be performing the new single ‘Get On Your Boots’ at the UK's BRIT Awards at London's Earls Court, ten days later on Wednesday 18 February. And a few days after that they'll be in Berlin to play at Germany's ECHO Awards

I think larrystuff is SUC and I really hope that riff from the Lanois video is on one version of NLOTH. But this album is going to be epic I think. I'm worried that Crazy Tonight seems like a bit of a wild card to me; I'm sort of afraid of that one to be honest. But we'll know soon.

If anyone recalls, the sounds at the end of that larryinthestudio clip definitely gave that groovy aspect of Magnificent away... in the clip at least, it sounds like it will work beautifully.

But to me it's sounding like Magnificent, MOS, UC, SUC, Breathe and COL will carry the album easily; F-BB, NLOTH and WAS will probably be epic but are still a bit mysterious, and CT is a wild card, at least for me. Then there's GOYB, which seems like it will function as a fun, purposeful hinge to the album in context. But we're so close...
:heart:

Last edited:
That's what I thought... :-/
Joining "Choose your enemies carefully coz they'll define you"... these lyrics look like Bono in its endless speeches. Let's wait for the context and the way it places in the music.

I like the "enemies" part a lot.

with blinkers on that soooo many of you seen to have!!

While we welcome all kinds of opinions and discussions, repeatedly posting the same thing over and over, especially of a negative nature, can be considered trolling.

it's this one that bugs me i guess:

1 'No Line on the Horizon'

The opening title track kicks off with a crunchy, distorted guitar riff from the Edge.

they could have said a little more here.

I'm betting that on the first listen there really isn't too much you can write before the next song starts up. But yes, very Spartan in their descriptions.

This is just a first impression. I doubt one listen will reveal too much.

yeah. I bet if they had a second or third go round you might see them writing more. I wonder if one listen is all these guys ever get.

True!
("heal the woooorld, make it a better place.... for you and for me and the entire human race.."):lol:

hahahaha! MJ rules!

sorry, but does anyone else think this is the suckiest preview they've ever read? not in terms of how the album sounded, but the writing. they could have given a little more information.

Wait..."Edge plays guitar on this one" isn't good enough for you? :angry:

2 'Magnificent'

Dancey electro flourishes introduce an atmospheric track with moody leanings.

10 'Breathe'

Starts off with a trip-hop beat and cello playing before transforming into an all-out rocker.

I think I'm going to love these two :up:

I can probably do without the ballads. We'll see how they sound. I know most love them but I usually skip them. :reject:

Oh the waiting is the hardest part...and the excitement about the 'potential' of the songs is great...but I hate the part where once we hear them and they don't live up to what some people think they should, that all the 'bashers' come out...and ruin what we love about each song...:down:

Still...the reviews sounds great...:drool:

I really can't wait to hear the album. A couple of songs I am really itching to hear in better quality when I buy the album are Unknown Caller and Magnificent which sound really promising from the Beach clips. I am also curious about No line on the horizon too. There's a certain vibe I get from the beach clips that this album could be well one of their best albums ever!

By the way the latest edition of Q is out and the album review is going to be in their next edition not this one.. I guess the same is going to apply to Mojo and others?

Will.i.am did a REMIX of the song. Bono was even quoted as saying he did "the most extraordinary REMIX."

reading comprehension people!:wink:

Herald: it's going to be huge?

Did anyone catch this article before it disappeared?

There may only be something wrong with the url but I can't find in anymore (it was in Google but the link didn't work).

http://www.herald.ie/opinion/commen...um-and-itrsquos-going-to-be-huge-1619396.html

"29 Jan 2009 ... U2: I’ve heard the new album and it’s going to be HUGE ... Horizon about 20 times at this stage and, I have to say, it's going to be huge."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom