Interview with Bono in Sarajevo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivaSA

War Child
I guess this deserves a separate topic. Here's the TV interview I was telling you about : rtsp://195.222.58.181:7070/ftv/sff0821.rm

If you can't open this link, here's a link to this TV station: FTV - Bono Interview and on the right hand side, you'll see a section with videos and the interview is the first in line:
Gost SFF-a - Bono Vox, 21.08.2006, 16 min.

It's mainly with subtitle, so enjoy it!!!!

Bono said an·ar·chic.
Awesome.

EDIT: Woh-oh Bono used the 'celebrity is currency' metaphor, for those of you playing along, that's one shot of liquer. Come on now. Okay, Bob Hewson mention for the next shot.

OK, here are the questions from the interviewer:

Q1: Good evening and welcome to Sarajevo. You keep coming back to this town, what does this town mean for you, what are your impressions of Sarajevo, this people?

Q2. And the people here love you, they were thrilled and happy when they saw you on the red carpet, it was really a surprise to see you here again.

Q3: How much do people in the West know about this festival?

Q4: When talking about the economy and poverty, I must mention that you are a tireless warrior for the 3rd world countries, you are involved in these positive things, you keep travelling and helping people, you have visited many places. Why are you doing this? You are famous and you are using your name for positive cause, you are trying to change things for people, and not everybody (famous) is like you.

Q5: During the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Sarajevo, your words and your concert have helped people to hear about us, to become aware that we are in Europe and that the war is happening here... that was your celebrity and your words.

Q6: Do you remember your concert in 1997 in Sarajevo? People here still do. I have never again felt that kind of energy again. I remember every moment from that concert on Kosevo (stadium)?

Q7: I think that U2 was very important for us at that time, you have given us a hope, a hope for better tomorrow, you have shown us that we are a part of the world, at that time that was really important for us, for the people here.

Q8: We hope. That's why I must ask you, do you plan to come with U2 to Sarajevo again to hold a concert?

Q9: You have a lot of fans here, how come you're still together, many famous bands have parted, but you still have the energy and you are still great at it?

Q10: How long are you gonna stay in Sarajevo?

Bono: Oh, I'll be here for the rest of my life!

I'm... just... HAPPY! :)

Screwtape2 said:
I really like the "we have something up our sleaves" line. "I can't tell you about it." A secret! :wink:

OMG DO U THINK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT MERCYYY!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

This really sounds superb - any chance of giving a brief synopsis for those of us who can't watch it? Obviously not looking for a transcription, but the main bits and pieces would be fantastic. Real Player not working for me (as usual) at the moment.

Thanks!

What a very sweet interview.

It seems that Bono had a really special time in Sarajevo.

I'm very glad for him.

Thanks again, vivaSA. :wink:

Thank you very much for the link. I watched it, great and very sweet interview. Thank you for providing the transcript of the questions. I especially like the part about Edge being on fire and when he began to draw the COEXIST thing.

I liked everything except the bullshit about Edge being on fire and playing guitar like he's never played before etc.

Jeannieco said:
I can get to the TV station site linked as above, but I don't see the Bono link for the interview on the right hand side. Did they take it down already or am I just blind?
Help!

Shit, I think they took it down. Assholes!

vivaSA said:
Q6: Do you remember your concert in 1997 in Sarajevo? People here still do. I have never again felt that kind of energy again. I remember every moment from that concert on Kosevo (stadium)?:)

This concert is so great, the crowd was on fire, Bono was struggling with his voice, it's really the best concert ever made.
When the crowd is singing "Stand by me", it's more exciting and moving than 200 hours of Zoo Tv.

Wow... I can't believe the photos on Yahoo News call him Bono Vox in the captions.

patic said:

you can save the video here
:up:

http://www.send space.com/file/ytjvps

Thanks so much for this! :bow: I saw a short clip of the beginning of this interview on the BBC World news this morning and was wondering if I'd get to see the rest of it....:wink:

And there's only one Vox around here who's full of B/S and his first name isn't Bono!! :madwife:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom