Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably figuring out the next article of clothing to buy for his avatar.

I mean, I know he loves wasting money on things like music, but come on.

He has over 6,000 posts there (compared to my 600 since 2005). I mean, as far as lame-ass video game forums go, it's one of the better ones, but dude must love talking his Gears of War somethin fierce.

He's probably just trying to get some pointers to avoid the inevitable knife crime I'll inflict on him in Modern Warfare 2.

I'm debating where I should go for my second Shuttlecock show next year. Preferably on a weekend, which will make it easier to get someone to come along.

Don't tell Cori, but...

...I'm leaning towards Seattle.

We're watching Styx's "Mr. Roboto" video before Pop Music class and it just enforces the fact that there may never be a decade as unintentionally funny as the '80s ever again.

I can imagine.

Holy shit, Tom Wait's "Martha" is blowing me away right now. Hell, all of Closing Time is the bee's knees.

Yeah. It was a jarring listen because of how normal Waits sounds on it, but it's a really beautiful album.

Ol' 55 is one of my favs.

How many of his albums have you heard? I know we had an appreciation thread here at some point.

The first few Tom Waits albums are amazing. And then Swordfishtrombones came along and he got even better.

Top 10 Waits tracks:

1. Please Call Me, Baby
2. Lonely
3. Closing Time
4. Shore Leave
5. Gun Street Girl
6. 16 Shells From a Thirty-Ought-Six
7. Downtown Train
8. Who Are You
9. (Looking for) The Heart of Saturday Night
10. Dirt In The Ground

the Veronicas are copying P!nk with their new single and I hate the blonde hair.

Fortunately, I've still never heard any of their music, so I can't corroborate that. The blonde hair indeed sounds disappointing, but they're probably still hot.

Very weak week so far here in Random, people.

In the words of Lee Corso, I kind of "shot my wad" during the bizarro setlist party. So I haven't been posting as much anyway. SRY.

Likewise. I like Herbstreit, I don't care what anyone says. Corso and Fowler, too. They get derided around some parts, but I still like Gameday after all these years. Desmond can eat a bag of dicks though.

Also, am I the only one who never thought The Underdog was a great track? I don't dislike it, but no fucking way is it on the level of The Yeast and Saggin', Adored or Blister Crack.

It actually might be my least favorite song on Ga^5.

Then it must be true.

I'm certainly liking Mystery Bone more as well, so hopefully the whole album will be a step up from Gag Gag Gag Gag Gag ('cockified™).

I heard all of them. Maybe my hearing is better than I thought.

I think I'll be skipping listening to "Mystery Bone." All their shit gets played to death here anyway, so it won't be long until I hear it. I'd prefer to just wait for the album. One track isn't the way I roll.

Likewise. I like Herbstreit, I don't care what anyone says. Corso and Fowler, too. They get derided around some parts, but I still like Gameday after all these years. Desmond can eat a bag of dicks though.

I like Herbstreit all of them as well, even if Herbstreit is still a tOSU homer. I haven't watched enough of Desmond to have an opinion, so I'll probably just take your word for it.

Whatever, we'll see where most of you fuckers are at when you're over 35.

Expect me to be right there with you. Although those earplugs the article featured look pretty spiffy...

I like Herbstreit all of them as well, even if Herbstreit is still a tOSU homer. I haven't watched enough of Desmond to have an opinion, so I'll probably just take your word for it.

Next time you watch Gameday, just listen closely to Desmond and you'll figure out what I'm talking about. He's almost unbearable. Herbie still loves his Buckeyes, for sure, but you could also call him a Texas homer at this point. I can live with that sort of media love when it's from someone whose opinion I actually respect.

And at least he's never been close to Holtz's ND ballwashing in his tOSU love. Clausen for Heisman? The Irish to the MNC? Shut the fuck up.

Next time you watch Gameday, just listen closely to Desmond and you'll figure out what I'm talking about. He's almost unbearable. Herbie still loves his Buckeyes, for sure, but you could also call him a Texas homer at this point. I can live with that sort of media love when it's from someone whose opinion I actually respect.

And at least he's never been close to Holtz's ND ballwashing in his tOSU love. Clausen for Heisman? The Irish to the MNC? Shut the fuck up.

Well, no one's like Lou Holtz. He has pictures of someone, I swear. He's the worst analyst I can think of, ever. Literally.

Agreed. And he's in The Blind Side. Yet another reason to hate him.

Speaking of the Irish, how bout Shuttlecock?

See what I did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom