Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think that would be enough for eternal hipster cred, but apparently not.

I'd love to see this as a bonus track on a Poppycock reissue with Ginsburg replacing Boner's voice.

Hell yeah, that'd be spectacular. On a similar note, I want a Boner-sung version of "The Wanderer."

Ginsberg looks like Sy Abelman in that video.

"Shuttlecock... you're gonna be fine..."

"You want to play the same songs every night? It's okayyyyy."

Also, the version of Wandering Cock from the Johnny Cash tribute was pretty damned good. I can live with just having that.

Let's relive a clip from this true Shuttlecock classic:

I went out searching
Looking for one good ram
A jimmy that would not bend or break
And would protect the father's third hand
I went out trolling
With some bourbon and a chum
The shuttlecock lay heavy on my heart
I was sure she'd take us on
Now Lance, don't you wait up
Lance, she'll be home soon
Yeah she went out for the late shift
Told you she'd be back by dawn

Yeah I left with nothing
But the thought you'd be safe too
Hooking for food

Yeah I left with nothing
Nothing but the stench of you
Cock went wandering

"You're playing a set with 5 songs from ATYCLB? It's a stadium show, you've got to let it breathe..."

I love the version from that Johnny Cash special, too.

Genius. I've never been able to write a great 'Cock song like you or impy, but seeing a new one every once and a while makes me happy.

I know it wasn't, I was just making that statement. I'll amend that to "new songs and random old verses."

Wait, wait, wait...are the tickets for the U2 shows happening, like, a year from now already going on sale? Am I understanding this correctly?

I'm listening to Hawkmoon 269, and finding it difficult to compare anything about Bono in 2009 to Bono in 1989.

Well .... he has the same name. There's that, anyway.

And I'm sure he was still just as short, unless he's slowly shrinking.

Well he probably didn't wear the same stupid shoes to try to add to his height back then.

The answer to my question on my Spanish homework?

"Los campesinos."

Oh, happy day.

I was listening to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot this morning while driving around and a few thoughts hit me:

1. YHF is damn near a perfect album. Awesome front to back.

2. Tweedy really misses Jay Bennett. A lot.

3. Fuck you, Laz.

I was listening to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot this morning while driving around and a few thoughts hit me:

1. YHF is damn near a perfect album. Awesome front to back.

2. Tweedy really misses Jay Bennett. A lot.

3. Fuck you, Laz.

You drastically understated number two, but I'm still all kinds of with you, Superfly.

Yeah that's a good rundown of what he brought to the table for that album. It's unfortunate he was so vilified in the doc, but not altogether unsurprising. You have to wonder what would have happened if his relationship with Tweeds hadn't become so toxic. There's no question he's missed, and I'm terribly disappointed I never got to see the band with him in it.

Any man who created "Poor Places" is a good guy in my book.

Dear Lord. If it weren't for the 5 or 6 really great songs on A Ghost Is Born, I'd probably give up on Wilco entirely at this point. It's pretty clear that Jay Bennett was an essential piece of what made 1996-2002 Wilco so special. Reading that, I miss him more than ever.

I'm not a huge fan of this latest album, but I love Sky Blue Sky.

^Wilco has some pretty good cuts on it, but I absolutely love the mellow sounds/lyrics of Sky Blue Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom