Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect me to be right there with you. Although those earplugs the article featured look pretty spiffy...

For $72 bucks?? Fuck that, I don't value my hearing that much.

...30 years later...

old%20man%20with%20hearing%20aid%203.jpg

Resisting Lance's Mom joke about that photo...

In any case, the $72 was the headphones. These are the plugs.

Yeah. It was a jarring listen because of how normal Waits sounds on it, but it's a really beautiful album.

Ol' 55 is one of my favs.

How many of his albums have you heard? I know we had an appreciation thread here at some point.

Oh hell yes. Have you heard the version of "Closing Time" with Allen Ginsburg reading America over it?

Closing Time and Rain Dogs in full and some assorted tracks in-between.

Well, no one's like Lou Holtz. He has pictures of someone, I swear. He's the worst analyst I can think of, ever. Literally.

His lisp never fails to crack me up. His name is perfect for one, too.

Waterloo is having another 20% off URRRVERYTHING sale.

Goodbye, money.

Oh hell yes. Have you heard the version of "Closing Time" with Allen Ginsburg reading America over it?

This can't possibly be better than Shuttlecock's musical accompaniment to Ginsburg on Spunk Thicken, or Ginsburg's reading of Boner's lyrics to My Racket.

Closing Time and Rain Dogs in full and some assorted tracks in-between.

Yeah, I couldn't really make a list of specific Waits songs. But I love Rain Dogs, Foreign Affair, Alice, and Nighthawks at the Diner. I'm still making my way through the others, inc. Swordfishtrombones and Frank's Wild Years. I kind of got a lot of them at once and am trying to process slowly.

Well we all know songs about fellatio weren't really perfected until the rise of Nickelback, Marther.

Wait a second. So there's a new game called Band Hero which is essentially the exact same thing as Guitar Hero, except you can play as Taylor Swift? Is that what the commercial I just saw is trying to say? Has GAF had his inevitable heart attack yet?

Wait a second. So there's a new game called Band Hero which is essentially the exact same thing as Guitar Hero, except you can play as Taylor Swift? Is that what the commercial I just saw is trying to say? Has GAF had his inevitable heart attack yet?

I'd advise GAF not to play in the Risky Business tighty-whities, or things could get messy.

This can't possibly be better than Shuttlecock's musical accompaniment to Ginsburg on Spunk Thicken, or Ginsburg's reading of Boner's lyrics to My Racket.

YouTube - America, Ginsberg

Ginsberg recited "Miami?" I need to find this.

Yeah, I couldn't really make a list of specific Waits songs. But I love Rain Dogs, Foreign Affair, Alice, and Nighthawks at the Diner. I'm still making my way through the others, inc. Swordfishtrombones and Frank's Wild Years. I kind of got a lot of them at once and am trying to process slowly.

I'll have to do that at some point after I go through those Lou Reed albums.

That would've been great if it was the actual backing track instead of just the song playing in the background.

You'd think that would be enough for eternal hipster cred, but apparently not.

I'd love to see this as a bonus track on a Poppycock reissue with Ginsburg replacing Boner's voice.

Harry Muffin doesn't look to have aged well in 12 years. And Ginsburg looked like Leslie Cochran there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom