Interference Note about Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katey

War Child
Hi Interference Gang

With all the recent excitement surrounding the Edge being kind enough to visit us at Interference, thought I would take a moment to add a couple of our thoughts . As time progresses the odds are simply he will not have as much time to come in and post. It’s just simply not possible to answer all the questions people posed to him it such a situation and threads tend to spiral, which doesn’t really give that much an opportunity for Edge to address anything. Also keep in mind this is a busy time coming up and Edge may not be able to frequent Interference as much as we all would like him to. We hope he will pop in from time to time, but lets give him the space to do that. And try to not overwhelm with multiple posts and questions. I have no doubt how much Edge and U2 love and respect their fans, we’d like this to be a place to where Edge and any member of U2 can have a bit of fun as well and just enjoy it. Moreover we thank Edge for all the time he has spent with us so to date, our thanks is greater then he knows.

Now there will be still and are those who questions if this Edge is the real thing, much in the same way that you cant be sure who Elvis is or who I am you just have to perhaps to take that leap of faith. You can believe or not believe that’s really up to each of you. I would not put my reputation on the line nor any of this staff if I was not sure.. And short of Edge showing up on every one’s door step saying hey yes that is me, all the proof your going to have is what Edge might give you and if that’s not enough then I’m sorry for that, believe what you will just try and do it with tact that’s all. I wouldn’t stick my neck out if this were just some person pulling a prank and believe me I would be the first one with egg on my face. Why has the staff not come out and said whom Dalkey is or if he/she is the same as person as the Edge, simply it’s not our place to give out ANY members true identity. If Dalkey wants to tell you then it’s up to that person to do so, if they choose not too then we respect that.

On a final note, we are always happy to work with other U2 fan sites and help each other out, we are here for the fans and we are fans ourselves, we are not in competition we work hard to bring information to the fans and to create a place where fans can enjoy themselves, have fun, get info, and yes even sometimes have a healthy row I personally do not apologize for that. We do this because of our love of U2 and because we really enjoy what we do it is the greatest unbelievable pleasure to work on this site.

Thank you all and much love to the U2 community. a community that should be united not work to be divided..

The people who believe this is joke are clearly a minority here, and it's too bad for them.

I don't think anyone here can honestly expect that Edge will be able to come here and post every day. I'm impressed by how much he's talked to us so far, but I realize he will get very busy and won't have too much time. I'm sure we can all be understanding of that, and we will simply appreciate when he comes, and go on with our usual business the rest of the time.

Hopefully we don't scare him away, though... But I don't think we will, we're a great bunch !:wink:

What do you mean, Edge hasn't shown up on your door step yet?:wink:

Katey, you have besically summed up the thoughts of the majority of the folks who visitthis site. Thanks.

Katey said:
Why has the staff not come out and said whom Dalkey is or if he/she is the same as person as the Edge, simply it’s not our place to give out ANY members true identity. If Dalkey wants to tell you then it’s up to that person to do so, if they choose not too then we respect that.

I don't think anyone expects the staff to tell us anything, but why does the staff want to stifle speculation amongst other members?

If "The Edge" was a fake, created by Elvis et al, they would be signing the interference.com death warrant. Not only would that be incredibly stupid, but anyone who thinks that is was happened is even stupider.

i don't think we scared him away.
he obviously knew we were all freaks well before now.
and the fact that he has come here and interacted with us is really mind blowing.
hopefully we can contain our freakiness as we get over the shock and awe of him being here every now and then :)

I am still in awe about The Edge posting here. :up:

The ONLY drawback about all of this? I am way too addicted to the blue crack now. I think I could overdose any day now. :wink:

I believe that the world is full of amazing people, and among the most generous, warm-hearted, and loving people are legions of U2 fans. I would prefer to believe that any deception involved in this whole business was not perpetrated by U2 fans against U2 fans, but I cannot help but believe that deception has occurred. While I am not saying that Interference or any of its staff have intentionally misled people, the entire situation defies belief. It is simply not credible. As lovely as it would be for U2 to begin granting fan sites interviews, and for Edge to post on this or any other forum, it is completely against character, as are the comments themselves. I do believe some or all members of U2 have visited this site and others, and may have posted anonymously from time to time. But I cannot believe that "The Edge" is the Edge, or that the interview with U2 was conducted with U2. Someday, all of this may find resolution, and I hope that when that time comes, hurt feelings will be minimal. I have no ax to grind - I just say this as an observer of the band over decades. U2 are wonderful people, as anyone who has met them will agree. They love their fans, and we love them. Period.

Tip Top Prince said:

I don't think anyone expects the staff to tell us anything, but why does the staff want to stifle speculation amongst other members?

If "The Edge" was a fake, created by Elvis et al, they would be signing the interference.com death warrant. Not only would that be incredibly stupid, but anyone who thinks that is was happened is even stupider.

Thanks to Katey and the administrators and mods who do such great lovely work!

I can't imagine they want to "stifle speculation" amongst other members...
I'm guessing they're just trying to get people to avoid what happened last night . You know, the whole scene of baiting to check...
which brings me to another bit I was tempted to post somewhere about, but might as well just do it here:

(Almost) all of us know what 'baiting' looks like, so we know how to avoid prancing around with a 'stick of dynamite' (I love that term he used...my god it so captures the deal there...I accuse my own hubby of terrorist tactics all the time so I never thought it was a horrific and overdone bit of imagery actually!) that would hurt any and everyone who hangs out here...

But I would so also love to see us avoiding attempts to enlist the Edge's 'help' in such situations. It's just too loaded imho to send it out into the ether...hey Edge help us tell this person he's wrong about X...whether it be a little test for self- and other-amusement, serious (?)minded speculatory investigation, or an actual plea for help!
Games, "innocent" or not, being played about his presence have got to be pretty sucky for him, no?

The little ohmygod riffs we all understandably pull might not be too alarming, but there are those little things that we can do to take care of each other and edge at the same time?
It's not just a matter of 'faith' versus proper scientific probing, but of doing what we can to *not* make people feel awkward (not as in "always" lyric sense of 'being uncool'. but as in the sense of not being comfortable coming inside) in general.

cheers all!

Last edited:
caragriff said:
he obviously knew we were all freaks well before now.
:lol:

Seriously, the mods have done a great job of keeping this place from becoming unreadable. Y'all rock!:up:

Numb1075 said:
What do you mean, Edge hasn't shown up on your door step yet?:wink:

Katey, you have besically summed up the thoughts of the majority of the folks who visitthis site. Thanks.

he's shown up in front of mine selling girl guide cookies...where were you? you were supposed to come over that day...see what you missed out on :p

thank you, that was a good note

to be honest, i do not care if the the Edge is really The edge 'cause in the end we are all here for one reason adn that is the joy of u2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom