I Wanna Be a Singer Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I used to sing competitively in high school. I was pretty good, too--I sang in All-Eastern Honors Choir in New York City when I was a junior (that's a HUGE choir with high school singers from, like, 14 states or something). But I go to a teeny little liberal arts college with not much a music program, and I quit the only performance choir last year because the people in it drove me crazy (too many divas).

I find these days that I really miss singing. I miss performing. I'd like to maybe join a band or an acoustic duo, but I'm probably moving away from here in less than a year and bands around here tend to be pretty serious. And I don't play any instruments (except piano, which I suck at anyway). And I'm pretty busy anyway, or at least I will be once August rolls around. AND I feel silly because I feel like I'm 5 years old again, just running around my playroom pretending to be Bono or Madonna.

Any ideas?

I used to do a lot of singing back home...was involved in a lot of projects, and I miss them. Since living here, I haven't done any singing...except for in the car and whatnot.

Let's sing on a street corner together, pax. I used to do that occasionally. :heart:

I used to sing/act onstage in a couple of musicals :shifty: There's a bit of trivia I bet you didn't know :wink: I don't quite miss it as much as I do when I played the Cello. Can I join ya gals? I could be in the background strokin' me strings :hyper:

Pax, if you want to sing, just do it. If you want to perform, just do it. Get a microphone, and feel like Madonna, that?s cool. I?m sure you can find a bunch of musicians who just play for fun. as to the time: you will have to invest a little of your time, but if you don?t want to, it ain?t worth it anyway. Just sing, you know *follows pax into the shower*

I always wanted to sing really badly.
And I do sing really badly.

but that will never stop me :evil:

pax, i feel much the same way. I used to sing in high school competitively but when I got to college, there just wasn't the time to pursue it (the music dept expected you to sign your life to them even to participate in the smallest ensembles :huh: and the diva-factor was horrendous )

A few weeks ago, my old college roomie had me sing at her wedding. I had forgotten how nerve-wracking and yet liberating standing in front of a mic in a room full of people was.

I guess my advice would be to see if there are any community choirs or even church choirs that you could participate in, just to get back in the swing of things. Maybe try out for a musical? Blackmail friends into starting a band. :D

Maybe this is a bad idea, but when I've gone out to karaoke with friends I (and the audience) really appreciate it when someone who can really sing gets up there, and the crowd can be really supportive. I don't sing, I just go to support my friend who is the Karaoke King (actually I sing harmony really loudly from my seat but I won't get up on stage with him :reject: )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom