I like October!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packcrush

The Fly
Okay; I've always loved U2s 90's stuff; the AB-Zooropa-Pop trilogy were always my favourite U2. I grew up during these and I always felt they were the bands most adventurous stage. Anyway; I've been watching some October tour stuff on DVD; and I'm really starting to like this album. Most people seem to just discard this one; I know I did; but I've found myself listening to it more and more upon my ipod. Have I gone weird; or has my U2 obsession gone to a whole new level? I'm even learning "I Threw A Brick" on guitar! Do I need professional help!?

GOOD. You like October. Welcome to an exclusive club for a minority of people who KNOW it's a fantastic album!

Just try telling that to a bunch of elitists who immediately put the album down despite actually fitting into the description of whatever it is they like...eg) "POWERFUL" "HEART ON HIS SLEEVE" "EMOTIONAL" "RAW" and so on...

:wink:

seriously, top choice. Amazing album

I absolutely love it! Lots of youthful energy just bursting out in Bono's vocals, Edge's killer riffs (Gloria, Rejoice), Larry's lightning fast drums (Rejoice) and Adam's amazing bass (With A Shout). To top it, you can hear some Irish pipes in Tomorrow. Great stuff! :up:

jonnytakeawalk said:
It sounds like Bono's shouting all the way through it
:love: Why in the hell would anyone dislike that? :drool:

Yeah, it's a great album. It has a sound of it's own in the U2 catalogue. The intro to Stranger In A Strange Land is maybe my favorite U2 intro. :rockon: Some great rockers there and very interesting songwritting. Adam and Larry are kicking ass. I'm very glad they are playing Gloria again it has a lot of energy and we need more of those. Great album! :up:

I like the first half of October
after October (the song) the album is boring

I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!! Your not crazy, "I threw a brick" was the first song I learned on the electric guitar!!!

Chizip said:
i like it, it is still the worst u2 album though

That's the point... it's an U2 album so it's still good but comparing with the others IMO it's the worst. But I still listen to it often and I don't dislike. U2 are special... :bow:

I like October... I think it's one of U2's 80's best album...
Production is very well, and the atmosphere of the songs really result... I love the "Scarlet" / "Is that all?" thing.

It's an album that I think is bashed too many times by the fans here

Finally! October was my "first" album and I will always, always love it. When I hear that piano intro to "I fall down" :heart: :happy: When I hear "Rejoice" and "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me", which I still think is Bono's best line, it just conjures up so many great memories. It's not perfect by any means - some of the lyrics could have been so much more and "with a shout" is pretty dire, but I'd have this on my desert island rather than HTDAAB.

:rockon:

I enjoy "October" far more than "War." I'd love to hear the song "October" during the third leg at MSG, which would fit perfectly with its October dates!

I was fortunate enough to hear "Gloria" at the Continental Arena, and I was thrilled...that was the first U2 song that made a big, BIG impression on me.

One of my favorite albums, I just listened to it again yesterday. Great faith based tunes. Beats Stryper anyday (talk about the 80's:ohmy:) Also Bono did have to rewrite most of it on the spot, so to speak.

And I was also on hand to hear 'Gloria' at the Meadowlands Arena....Awesome! :drool:

October is great...I really don't listen to it enough. It's toward the bottom of my U2 album list, but I still love it! I love every U2 album :D Gloria is such a fookin' brilliant song, I can't believe it wasn't on the 80's Best Of. And I've always loved Tomorrow, it's a very unique U2 song...it has that Celtic vibe and it's kinda creepy and depressing, but then hopeful at the same time. I'm usually not into Christian music or whatever, but U2 is a good exception :up:

That's not very hygienic. There are no printed lyrics so the CD cover isn't very substantial. :eeklaugh:

Well, I have two copies so I can pretend it's two-ply. You have to think things like this out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom