I knew there was something I had to do... Tres!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've started hanging U2-posters up in town... :hyper: :dance:

Some for the radio-album-preview-thing and some for the Vertigo-single (a little late, I know)... :yes:

... but there's nothing better than noticing several U2-posters when your riding your bike around town! :D:up:

This is me, getting spanked by the business law exam. As if I care...

BoomSmilie_anim.gif
flipa.gif

Ugh....I have all the common mild side effects of the yellow fever vaccine. Time for a snack, an electric blanket, and a good night's sleep. :yawn:

No, not at all. :( Mild fever and very achy joints. Boo hiss! But I think I did OK on the exam. I didn't fail and I felt confident about more answers than last time. We'll see. I'm relieved it's done.

u2bonogirl said:
merc, i saw a poster here and freaked out. I was jumping around doing a little happy dance

Would have done the same, but it's a bit hard when riding a bike! :laugh:

Saw more posters today - new places where I haven't seen them before... U2 is taking over this town - and I like it! :wink:

you know, I posted a reply to this thread yesterday and it never showed up

twin, check your email. if you haven't.

and I had something to say, but I forgot what it was...

oh, I thought of something. I'm trying to prove why one of my toilets I'm writing about was the boys bathroom. It has two hundred year old rubber balls in it. I'm really resisting adding something like "Why do I think it's the boys bathroom? 'Cause it's got two balls!"

No, that was HILARIOUS.

Brad's here. I walked up the stairs earlier. Bad bad bad bad bad.

I have to go wash my brain out with a giant novelty q-tip now.

Very nicely, thank you!

For some reason that reminds me of an illustration from a Roald Dahl book.
Just, y'know, thought I'd share.

Now I know what I had to do...

Listen to my copy of HTDAAB over and over and over and over and... again!!!

:dance: :hyper: :dance:

I :heart: you Bono... and Edge, Adam and Larry!!! :love:

im singing in the raiiiiiin
well its not really raining here , but it might as well be.
I saw my long lost boyfriend in phoenix over the weekend. it was really weird at first. I didnt quite know what to do having not seen him for a couple months.
after a day things were back to normal which made it a lot harder to leave
today i woke up with a pain in my chest from being upset.....thats kinda weird. i was so upset it physically hurt:|
help me nurse chrissi

Hey Kristie, for your thread in LS do you want only the last names people have now, or do you have use for like...maiden names etc? Cause I know a few other last names in my family if you need more names.
I guess I could have put this in like...that thread, but I'm lazy and I'm here, so yay. :D

*procrastinate procrastinate*

It's that time of year when I think "holy crap my ears are cold, I wish my hair was longer!"

And now, for Dutch Bingo with names in my family:

Veldman - that map website says it's a variant of VanderVelde, but I always thought it just meant "field man." :shrug:
We be from the city of Groningen in the province of Groningen in the Netherlands (the northern part? i think.)

Ellens - The dutch is "patronymic from Ellen" (whaddya know!), and they're from Friesland (I think that's how you spell it) in the northern part of the Netherlands.
Groningen and Friesland are the two northernmost provinces in the Netherlands, actually. [/sidenote]

Reinink - I dunno what it means, and they're from...somewhere in the northern part of the Netherlands. This one's helpful! :tongue:

And all of those people immigrated to/are living in Michigan, by the way (I can't remember if you need to know that too).

Job - from uh...Job from the Bible. Longsuffering individuals, I guess. :wink: "the surname is probably a nickname for a wretched person or one tormented with boils." Oh goody!
I know they immigrated to Missouri, but it's my grandmother's maiden name and she's from California.
They're either English or Welsh, I'm not sure. If I had to guess I'd say Welsh, but that has no scientific basis whatsoever.

Aaand, Stevens. "patronymic from the personal name Steven."
They're in California, and the name is from...somewhere in Great Britain. The site says the name is English, so maybe they're English and whatnot, I just don't know since there's just about every part of Great Britain running rampant in my blood. :wink:

And now that I've shared my family tree with the expanse that is the internet, I should probably start my homework. Huzzah procrastination.

Ultraviolet Light said:
It's that time of year when I think "holy crap my ears are cold, I wish my hair was longer!"

And now, for Dutch Bingo with names in my family:

Veldman - that map website says it's a variant of VanderVelde, but I always thought it just meant "field man." :shrug:

...knowing that dutch tends to be rather similar to german, I'd guess that Van der Velde means "of the field"...so wouldn't it mean the same as "field man"?

So, Dave just asked me if Adam EVER sings, so I had to bust out that recording of Fire where Adam sings backup.
:lmao:

Hoo boy, I forgot how bad that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom