I "heart" Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for this thread. :up:

I fucking love Zooropa, sadly it was the last time they completely trusted their gut and fucked up the mainstream. I want U2 to always be as bold as they were in 93, the creativity and passion is still there, the world deserves to hear it.

'97 wasn't trusting the gut, powerhour? :wink:

To this day I consider Zooropa a true masterpiece. I could listen to the whole album without a problem and with maximum enjoyment. Having said that I say the same thing about all of U2's 90's albums.

'97 wasn't trusting the gut, powerhour? :wink:

To this day I consider Zooropa a true masterpiece. I could listen to the whole album without a problem and with maximum enjoyment. Having said that I say the same thing about all of U2's 90's albums.

I said completely, for me 97 was to a degree, but their decisions were still more market-oriente than 93, though they interpreted the market wrong.

thank you for this thread. :up:

I fucking love zooropa, sadly it was the last time they completely trusted their gut and fucked up the mainstream. I want u2 to always be as bold as they were in 93, the creativity and passion is still there, the world deserves to hear it.

this.

Zooropa is an awesome album, every single song fits together. It's almost like a "concept" album with a definite theme...
My favorite song on it is LEMON! :D

I love the whole album except for The Wanderer which is just boring to me.

just imagine if Babyface was replaced with HMTMKMKM. :drool:

well.....it is on my ipod.

ooo Im so glad someone revived this thread!

I was going through difficult times, so I didn't have much money acessible for me to buy it then. I also didn't like Lemon & Numb off the cuff, but I also couldn't understand alot of the lyrics, which if I had would mader them click better.

I did/do love the song Zooropa :drool: one of my favorites! I taped it off the radio.
Soooo atmospheric! I imagined myself on a very wide ornate bridge in a very big city (undefined as to which one, and I live in the NYC area- so i know "big city" !!! :D ) maybe European at night , with major wide lanes of traffic whizzing below and buildings both low, medium & high lit up. It's a warm night- light jackets/sweaters.

Waaaaay later I got to see the NUmb video which i found/find extremely funny.
Stay is pretty wonderful. I like Babyface.
I also love Dirty Day.
One of these months I do have to get the CD !

I have to look at the vids posted at the beginning! And thanks, pos- for the various interviews! I read those. I missed all that stuff back then !

Zooropa is in my top 5. Love it. I was so happy to hear Stay(albeit an acoustic Stay) last fall live. If U2 ever busts out Zooropa or Dirty Day again live and I'm there, I'll pee my pants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom