I haven't listened to U2 in a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's good to take a "U2 Break" now and then...it helps light the fire when you listen to them again.

I'm actually on a hiatus myself...believe it or not, when I heard the synth line from MOFO on Tuesday, I was just as excited as when I stood on the football field and watched it in person... it can really help restore the soul

LemonMacPhisto said:
I remember a few years ago all I would listen to was U2 and it's a little unsettling to think about now. Sure they're my favorite band, but there's so much more out there to listen to, you know?

Amen to that. I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again: in the past year I've listened to as many new bands as I have in the past 28 years combined.

There was a time between 1997-2005 when all I would listen was U2, interspersed with the odd Radiohead and Coldplay tune. I mean, U2 was pretty much on ALL of the time.

But since HTDAAB I made a concerted effort to expand my musical horizons and now I'm at the point where I don't even listen to U2 unless it comes up on my iTunes shuffle. It's been ages since I listened to an album all the way through. And I see this as a positive thing; it shows that I'm maturing musically and willing to venture out into new and often exciting territory.

Mind you, U2 will always be my favourite band, and I most likely will revert back to U2 über-fandom when the new album come out.

But, for now, I'm enjoying discovering new music everyday. As Nietzsche said: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

I "discovered" U2 late (pretty much as I'm late on everything) and got into them obsessively for a few years. Now, I'll occasionally get hungry for "Achtung Baby" or a few songs, but they've dropped down in the artists I listen to. I appreciate them, but I don't think their music "spoke" to me as much as it seems to to a lot of people. I think the overhype did me in. I like the music, but I'm not much interested in the band anymore. It is nice sometimes when a song of theirs comes on the radio. I just don't choose them as much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom