I gate crashed the Breakfast on Pluto premiere and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's Tart said:

We usually fly from Leeds/Bradford as its a bit nearer but from April Humberside has flights to Dublin daily so our husbands are panicking as we can go so easily now!!:drool :

I think we'll be over May/June when the band are hopefully back on home soil and recording I need some new photos with Bono!!:wink:

:evil: poor husbands :lmao: im in the northwest so manchester or blackpool is closest for me

May/June is when we were planning on going so might see ya there :lol: i need a picture with Bono (or any of them :lol: ) managed to meet edge in chicago on my birthday but was too many people to get a pic

Never met Bono(been close a few times) so hopefully will do this summer :Wink:

Last edited:
bonoishot said:

:evil: poor husbands :lmao: im in the northwest so manchester or blackpool is close for me

May/June is when we were planning on going so might see ya there :lol: i need a picture with Bono (or any of them :lol: ) managed to meet edge in chicago on my birthday but was too many people to get a pic

Never met Bono(been close a few times) so hopefully will do this summer :Wink:

I've managed photos with all of them but its taken me more than 20 years to even get one!!
But now managed photos with Bono every year since 2002 I wanted one in Boston but this silly girl behind me kept digging me in my back an trying to push me out of the way while he was signing my tshirt. Very rude.

I hope you get your photos!:wink:

Bono's Tart said:

I've managed photos with all of them but its taken me more than 20 years to even get one!!
But now managed photos with Bono every year since 2002 I wanted one in Boston but this silly girl behind me kept digging me in my back an trying to push me out of the way while he was signing my tshirt. Very rude.

I hope you get your photos!:wink:

20 years wow :ohmy: so worth the wait though

Rude girl :madspit: i hate people like that :angry:

thanks so do i, good luck to the girls going to dublin next week aswell :wink:

Bono's Tart said:

We usually fly from Leeds/Bradford as its a bit nearer but from April Humberside has flights to Dublin daily so our husbands are panicking as we can go so easily now!!:drool:

I think we'll be over May/June when the band are hopefully back on home soil and recording I need some new photos with Bono!!:wink:

We're planning (thats me, my sister and a friend) are planning on going back to Dublin May/June time too :) Maybe we could organise meeting up or something..

Jo.

bonoishot said:

good luck to the girls going to dublin next week aswell :wink:

Thanks bonoishot, we appreciate that :) Here's hoping we get lucky :) Can't wait now.. first trip to Dublin.. so exciting!!

Jo.

lisa2004 said:

Thanks bonoishot, we appreciate that :) Here's hoping we get lucky :) Can't wait now.. first trip to Dublin.. so exciting!!

Jo.

1st trip :drool: :hyper: am sure you will love it, theres so much to see/do and the people are so friendly and of course the accent :drool:

will keep my fingers crossed for you :) am sure you will let us know happens :wink:

Last edited:
Yes good luck you may well get lucky!!

But you will still have a great time anyway Dublin is one of the best places in the world!

livi40 said:

I've got to get to work myself so I'll make this quick.

Now that more light is being shed on the situation, I think that helps. But at the time that the questions were being asked, none of this information was known and, in fact, the terms that were being used (gate crashing, sneaked in, etc.) all had very negative connotations.

The fact of the matter is, there ARE a lot of crazy fans out there. I actually knew of a fan who was blessed with the amazing opportunity to interview Bono. The interview took place in a restaurant setting. Bono had a cup of coffee and carrot stick(s) during the interview. Upon the conclusion of the interview, he left a little coffee and part of a carrot stick at his place. This fan drank the rest of the coffee, ate the rest of the carrot stick, and pocketed the coffee cup.

I'm not saying that this is anything like you or the way you are, please don't construe that. I'm simply saying that there are a lot of crazy fans out there and I think most of us ARE somewhat protective of Bono. God knows, none of us wants him to come to the same end as John Lennon.

I think that my whole point (I know, it takes a while for me to get there) is that it's amazing how quickly we jump all over someone who plays devil's advocate. Instead of looking at these as being valid questions and answering them accordingly, or even having a civilized discussion about them, so many immediately get defensive, post angry smilies, take the offensive.

We need to have people posting questions like this. And we need to have people posting their stories, their complete stories, to show others that there are appropriate times, places and means by which we can meet the band. CoeXisT...remember?

Livi

This is all getting a little too serious here...I think I'll leave for a while til things cool down. Flavia just wanted to tell her exciting Bono story. I don't think it really needs to be analyzed to death. She didn't jump on the man screaming and yelling. She merely approached him and asked for a pic...in a public place no less. No harm done and any one of us would do it if we had the opportunity. Bono always has the right to say no if he chooses. He's a big boy and has been dealing with fans for 25 years.

Great pics by BTW. Thanks everyone.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
I´m living in Dublin because my bf is Irish. :D

And I know I didn´t do anything wrong because I know (and this can be confirmed by anybody who has met me in the past)how I behave when I´m around them: politely, respectfully and without freaking out.

lots of us do know that Flavia :hug: and I'm pretty sure it's something Bono appreciate, a respectful fan among all those crazy creatures. :hug:

Great story! Great pictures, I would have loved to have been there .... sad because I can't see the video, has the link expired?? or is it me??:ohmy:

U2FloridaFan said:

This is all getting a little too serious here...I think I'll leave for a while til things cool down. Flavia just wanted to tell her exciting Bono story. I don't think it really needs to be analyzed to death. She didn't jump on the man screaming and yelling. She merely approached him and asked for a pic...in a public place no less. No harm done and any one of us would do it if we had the opportunity. Bono always has the right to say no if he chooses. He's a big boy and has been dealing with fans for 25 years.

Great pics by BTW. Thanks everyone.

The truly sad thing is, it's not being analyzed AT ALL. Someone who may or may not have had a chip on her shoulder posted some questions. Others jumped all over this person for daring to ask the questions. I chimed in with my thoughts and was immediately verbally flogged for having done so.

Want to tell your exciting Bono story? Wonderful! More power to you! But if it appears that you MAY have crossed a line and someone asks whether or not you actually DID cross that line, be prepared for the debate that could follow. Don't attack the people who are asking the questions.

I also take exception to the fact that "any one of us would do it if we had the opportunity." You're assuming an awful lot with a statement such as that.

I would LOVE to have a truly intelligent debate about all of this. Really! Without mudslinging, without attacking, without bashing. Just a conversation, that's all I was going for.

Guess that's too much to ask, here.

Livi

livi40 said:

The truly sad thing is, it's not being analyzed AT ALL. Someone who may or may not have had a chip on her shoulder posted some questions. Others jumped all over this person for daring to ask the questions. I chimed in with my thoughts and was immediately verbally flogged for having done so.

Want to tell your exciting Bono story? Wonderful! More power to you! But if it appears that you MAY have crossed a line and someone asks whether or not you actually DID cross that line, be prepared for the debate that could follow. Don't attack the people who are asking the questions.

I also take exception to the fact that "any one of us would do it if we had the opportunity." You're assuming an awful lot with a statement such as that.

I would LOVE to have a truly intelligent debate about all of this. Really! Without mudslinging, without attacking, without bashing. Just a conversation, that's all I was going for.

Guess that's too much to ask, here.

Livi

We've had many debates on the stalking issue here in the past. The problem is, this is a forum where people share their experiences about meeting the band, and that's all Flavia did. If you want to debate stalking, start a thread for it in the appropriate forum.

I'm curious...what "line" do you think Flavia crossed? She waited for Bono in public along with dozens of other people. Bono stopped to acknowledge fans and the press. What's the big deal? It's not like she flew thousands of miles to Dublin to camp out in front of his house or the studio. I'm curious as to why you're so intent on defending Jamila's statements. It might interest you to know that she's met Bono under the SAME circumstances that Flavia did recently (waiting with other fans in public).

So, please, do start your thread with the intelligent debate on crossing the stalking line b/c I'd like to know your rationale. Weren't you the one who took a tour bus to Bono's HOUSE?!

Anyway, what it all boils down to is that you don't know Flavia like a lot of people here do. You can't with any credibility judge her or assume she's a stalker just b/c you read a few posts on the internet.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

We've had many debates on the stalking issue here in the past. The problem is, this is a forum where people share their experiences about meeting the band, and that's all Flavia did. If you want to debate stalking, start a thread for it in the appropriate forum.

Please do forgive me. Perhaps it's not obvious by the fact that I have only 38 posts under my belt (this one included), but I haven't frequented the boards on here for anywhere near as long as many of you. So I wasn't aware of any previous debates on the stalking issue. Needless to say, I'm sorry I missed out.

Where, other than a forum that discusses meeting the band, would be a more appropriate forum for discussing gate-crashing? Refresh my memory...did I use the word "stalking" anywhere? I can't find it, if I did. But if anyone wanted to have a debate about stalking, wouldn't a forum where we discuss meeting the band be the most appropriate place for that discussion?

I'm curious...what "line" do you think Flavia crossed? She waited for Bono in public along with dozens of other people. Bono stopped to acknowledge fans and the press. What's the big deal? It's not like she flew thousands of miles to Dublin to camp out in front of his house or the studio. I'm curious as to why you're so intent on defending Jamila's statements. It might interest you to know that she's met Bono under the SAME circumstances that Flavia did recently (waiting with other fans in public).

If you'll go back and read my posts (and please do...you seem to have missed the point entirely), I never passed along the indictment that Flavia crossed a line. I simply said that we all must decide where our own personal lines are, and why attack someone for asking questions that we all SHOULD be asking?

I'm defending Jamila's right to ask questions and I see nothing wrong with the statements that she made in her question post. I do not know Jamila and I've never talked, chatted, IMed, PMed, met, or had any other type of correspondence or conversation with Jamila. Obviously, there is a history that I am once again unaware of. Perhaps the best place to rip Jamila a new one is in a different forum?

If Jamila did the exact same thing as Flavia did (sneaking in a side door, tapping Bono on the shoulder, etc.), then I believe she should be asking those questions of herself as well. But I have no personal knowledge of Jamila's experience and don't feel comfortable in commenting on it any further than that.

So, please, do start your thread with the intelligent debate on crossing the stalking line b/c I'd like to know your rationale. Weren't you the one who took a tour bus to Bono's HOUSE?!

Perhaps I will start such a thread...although with all of the attacks I've received here, I'm not sure that I'm masochistic enough to do so. I think I've laid out my rationale pretty clearly in the messages I've posted here so far. If you have any other questions about my rationale, I wouldn't mind sharing them with you one-on-one via e-mail at u2livi@hotmail.com. Obviously, I extend the same invitation to everyone else reading this.

As for your comment that is obviously meant to be a barb: "Weren't you the one who took a tour bus to Bono's HOUSE?!" Again, please go back and read that post again as it is clear you missed my point. I shared that story to say that I was ASHAMED of having done so AT THE TIME THAT I DID IT. I am still ashamed that I did it to this day. I drew my line. I was not the one who booked the tour bus, I was merely a passenger...but I have my share of the guilt for having gone and I will not do so ever again.

Anyway, what it all boils down to is that you don't know Flavia like a lot of people here do. You can't with any credibility judge her or assume she's a stalker just b/c you read a few posts on the internet.

You're right. I don't know Flavia like a lot of you do. And I don't believe I made any statements judging her. I find it amazing how she and so many others---YOURSELF INCLUDED---have attacked me for expressing a point of view that may challenge the status quo. Any judgments that I may have made since my initial post are not based upon Flavia's actions at the BOP premiere...but on the subsequent posts that have attacked me for speaking my point of view in a manner that has been, from the start, rational and intelligent.

Livi

Last edited:
With all due respect, you are being such a drama queen. You want to have a deep DEBATE about one fucking meeting that took place in a public place? If you think I crossed a line, that's fine, that's your perogative; but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I know how I behaved and don't have to justify myself to you or anybody else. And if I had been acting like a mad fan, Murph would have kicked me to the kerb in 2 seconds. But he didn't, so that has to mean something.

I think all your questions were answered from the beginning and there's nothing else to explain.

And if you want to start a debate about stalking and fan behaviour, just start a new thread and please stop hijacking mine.

So, livi, let me get this straight...

...you don't think Flavia crossed a line, but you still want to debate the hypothetical crossing of ethical lines....just b/c Jamila came in here and laid down one post intended to stir shit up? Don't waste so much time defending Jamila's post, honestly. Spend a few more months around here and you'll learn why soon enough! : onebloodthrobbingheartwinksmiley :

I have no problem with people drawing their own personal lines. But that's exactly what it is, people drawing their own personal lines. It has nothing to do with Flavia's experience or Bono's appearance at the premiere.

If you really want to go into it further I'd post in a more appropriate forum like EYKIW. You're new to the forum so I'll spell it out - in this forum, people share their stories of meeting the band. If you want to talk about how you went to Bono's house and decided not to scale his fence, fine, but that belongs in it's own thread since it has nothing to do with the Breakfast on Pluto premiere.

As for Flavia "sneaking in a tapping Bono on the shoulder", it was a public theater. You don't need to sneak in, you just go in the door! Also, as others have pointed out, Dublin culture is totally opposite of Hollywood. It's low-key, small time, so if you see Bono walking around, it's OK to say hi and give him a shout out. It's not fair to judge people's actions based on one's own concept of how to behave in a certain situation.

just b/c Jamila came in here and laid down one post intended to stir shit up? Don't waste so much time defending Jamila's post, honestly. Spend a few more months around here and you'll learn why soon enough! : onebloodthrobbingheartwinksmiley :
Great post Lies :up:

Livi, I would have to agree with Lies. Please don't waste your time defending Jamila's post. If Jamila really wanted answers to her questions, she would have been back in this thread with a follow up. Have you seen any? I know I haven't. I have also noticed Jamila's penchant for starting drama. Can't wait to have a little talk with her, face to face, when I meet her in DC at the Feb. 3rd Bono talk.

Let's get this thread back on topic. Flavita hon, how was the weekend with Digsy? Any new Bono sightings? :hyper:

...you don't think Flavia crossed a line, but you still want to debate the hypothetical crossing of ethical lines....just b/c Jamila came in here and laid down one post intended to stir shit up? Don't waste so much time defending Jamila's post, honestly. Spend a few more months around here and you'll learn why soon enough! : onebloodthrobbingheartwinksmiley :

I have no problem with people drawing their own personal lines. But that's exactly what it is, people drawing their own personal lines. It has nothing to do with Flavia's experience or Bono's appearance at the premiere.

If you really want to go into it further I'd post in a more appropriate forum like EYKIW. You're new to the forum so I'll spell it out - in this forum, people share their stories of meeting the band. If you want to talk about how you went to Bono's house and decided not to scale his fence, fine, but that belongs in it's own thread since it has nothing to do with the Breakfast on Pluto premiere.

As for Flavia "sneaking in a tapping Bono on the shoulder", it was a public theater. You don't need to sneak in, you just go in the door! Also, as others have pointed out, Dublin culture is totally opposite of Hollywood. It's low-key, small time, so if you see Bono walking around, it's OK to say hi and give him a shout out. It's not fair to judge people's actions based on one's own concept of how to behave in a certain situation.

I too agree with what livluv said. :yes:

You have every right to post your opinions and or questions on the topic at hand...but it does belong in another forum and not in here..if you go to "Your Blue Room" (or U2 Feedback) general forum page it actually explains what each forum is for. And you will see that for Band Meetings and Sightings, the definition is: "Have you met or seen U2? Talk about your experience here. "

I also agree that maybe you should post in Everything you know is wrong forum to start a thread on what you think about this.. And if you want you can link to this thread if necessary...but I believe that is where it may go...Or maybe even the "Lemonade Stand" forum where it says: "Off-topic forum. Drop in, order a glass of lemonade and talk with other U2 fans about what you're reading, looking at, watching, or a hobby. There is a sub-forum for General music, sports, TV, and movies." Or " Free your mind" forum where: "This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events."

As for Jamila...I agree with what u2forlife said...if she really had questions about this she would of followed up in here by now. Having been here a while it seems she does like to stir things up from time to time..

Enough with the hijacking of flavia's thread...Please lets get back to the topic at hand..namely Flavia's experience at the premiere.

Sorry Flav! :hug:... please come back and talk about your experience with us...:wink:

Last edited:
Niamh, Kelly and others who are sick of hearing from me, breathe a collective sigh of relief as I intend this to be my final post on this topic. I wouldn’t even make this post, actually, but I felt it necessary to respond to some of your comments directed at me…to defend myself one final time…and I do not have the premium membership which would enable me to PM each of you individually.

Niamh/Flavia: I wanted to thank you for your most recent post to me. It brought back memories of the elementary school playground and reminded me that name calling is what people resort to when they can’t come up with something clever or intelligent to say. If you are confident that you did absolutely nothing wrong at that premiere---and you are obviously not alone in feeling that way---why resort to attacking me for defending someone’s right to ask questions? If you wanted me to go away, wouldn’t ignoring me have been more effective?

LivLuv: You mentioned in your post that you believe I don’t think that Flavia crossed a line. Actually, I’ve tried to be careful NOT to share my personal opinion of whether or not Flavia crossed a line. I wasn’t trying to focus on Flavia’s experience as the sole reason for the discussion. My feelings about her experience are not really relevant anyway. It’s not hypothetical to say that the line is being crossed; it is crossed every single day by paparazzi and fans alike. I was simply interested in having the discussion and seeing what others think and feel about it.

I want to dispel, once and for all, any thought that I was defending Jamila personally. I truly do not know her and, until the posts that went into her history, I had no idea that there WAS a history. It is not Jamila herself that I had hoped to defend, but rather the right of ANY person to ask questions without being personally attacked for asking those questions. Had you asked those questions and received the responses that Jamila received, I would have defended you as well.

As for me posting my story, it wasn’t my intention to one-up Flavia’s story. Quite the contrary, it is not something that I am proud of and would therefore never post it in that context. I simply told the story because I wanted to make it clear that I’m not trying to point fingers, I’m not assigning blame, I’m not judging anyone lest I myself should be judged.

u2forlife: You absolutely have a point and it was not lost on me for a second that Jamila never came back to defend herself (or me, for that matter). It’s just that it quickly became evident that I needed to defend MYSELF for committing the unspeakable crime of standing up for someone else’s right to ask questions. I would have done it for anyone, I wasn’t doing it for Jamila personally.

U2Fanatic4ever: Thank you for your suggestions. I may post a topic on EYKIW. Frankly, this whole experience has been scathing and has taught me a disappointing lesson in human nature, so it may be some time before I get up the nerve to do so.

u2forlife and U2Fanatic4ever, just one last thing. I want to thank you for these last comments that you’ve made. I know that you may not have agreed with me, as is your right. But these last two comments have shown that it is possible to disagree respectfully and without resorting to personal attacks or name-calling. In so doing, you have treated me with more kindness than anyone else on this board and I do appreciate it.

Finally, in the interest of truly keeping this my last post in here, I want all of you to know that I welcome your responses---but it would be best to send them to me via e-mail at u2livi@hotmail.com instead of taking up any more of Niamh/Flavia’s space.

Livi

Look, as everybody said before, Jamila is old enough to defend herself and ask questions if she has any. I just don't see why you have to defend her "right to ask questions" when she is perfectly capable of doing so. If she had been so apalled by my behaviour and worried about Bono's safety, she would have returned to post here again. Have you seen her around here? No? Me neither. So that means something.

As for me attacking you, I would have gladly ignored you if you have just stopped coming back to this thread to go on and on and on and on about questions that had been answered in detail before.

And just as you have the right to ask questions about fans stepping a line, I have the right to defend myself, even if that means saying things that might not be exactly of your liking.

Niamh

You did nothing wrong hun!!! You do not need to defend yourself

BTW - Dublin is a great city - with great people (including Paul M and Bono hee hee)!!!!!!!!!

Lisa

Thanks hun - that meeting has made our dreams come true. Bono looked amazing considering it was the morning after the night before!!!!!!!!!

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom