I don't like Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sigur Ros is absolutely brilliant.

Although I did find ( ) to be somewhat of a letdown the first time I heard it.

bono is EXTREMLY annoying. anyone who's face is plastered to the cover of numberous magazines, anyone who's everywhere all the time. it's extremly annoying for non-fans because if you don't like the guy to begin with, you're not going to want to hear bno-this and bono-that all the time. it's annoying as a fan because i'm into the music, and he's clearly not making music while he's gracing the cover of Time magazine. yes he's advocating a good casue, but do your job. or leave u2 and make this your job. i don't care, he can do what he wants, i just don't want to hear about politics anymore.

this thread shows there are just as many, if not more, u2 fans that do not like radiohead as there are die-hards. no one said anything about u2 and radiohead sounding the same. if i'm not mistaken, they get lumped together for being different from the mainstream, but unfortunatly too people take the similar categorization to mean that they SOUND the same. it just happens that there are people who like u2 and radiohead, as there are people who like u2 and...i don't know, any other band talked about in b&c.

as for complaining about dave matthews/thom yorke/ chris martin's voices being whiny, that's completly personal preference, and really has nothing to do with anything.

miss kitten, did you hear that pleba was in the news? Most knowledgeable rock fans!

*high five.

Originally posted by IWasBored
as for complaining about dave matthews/thom yorke/ chris martin's voices being whiny, that's completly personal preference, and really has nothing to do with anything.

It has everything to do with why I don't like to hear these bands and why I am not fan.

GARY#2 said:
miss kitten, did you hear that pleba was in the news? Most knowledgeable rock fans!

*high five.

I'm getting tired of PLEBA being classified as a bunch of airheads. Just because we like pics of the guys doesn't make us dumb. I bet you have a few Playboys under your bed, Gary.

Also, knowledge has nothing to do with taste. I am VERY knowledgeable on music and I'm sure I could wipe out most if not all of you who criticize me for my taste on a game of rock and roll Jeopardy. There is a big difference between not knowing anything and not liking something. THAT'S the attitude on this forum that pisses me off. If you don't like Coldplay and Radiohead, you are automatically 'stupid' and 'unknowledgeable' and get made fun of. I do not enjoy listening to them and it has nothing to do with intelligence or the validity of my opinions.

IWasBored said:

Exactly.

p.s. - I do not own ANY Playboys...do you own Playgirls?

U2Kitten said:
I'm getting tired of PLEBA being classified as a bunch of airheads.

Um, how can you not make fun of a place that has a thread that has more than 350 views and 14 replies about a band's friggin dental work? Nevermind the fact that the lead singer calls it "scary girls" and people take pride in that. :crack:

u2kitten, you misinterpret everyhting i say an take it as a personal attack. funny, since i'm supposed to be the egotistical one here.

i'm tired of trying to explain myself to you, beause you never understand anyway. it's like speaking to a wall.

no one challenged you to a bout of pointless music triva spewing, so give it up about fucking jeopardy. i'm sure you know stuff about 80s mullet-bands and bono's personal life that i'd never want to know, as i'm sure i know the various line-up changes in various punk and oi! bands that you've never heard of and don't want to have heard of. it's just musical taste, and no one actually said (or if they did, it was a joke, and it's up to you and everyone else here to have a sense of humour and not take everything seroiusly--it's a fucking message board for christ's sake, not a way of life...even i understand that and look at my post count.) you were dumb for disliking stuff that other people like. what's dumb is (and note that i'm calling the behaviour dumb, and not an actual person) is getting all defensive for no reason. so you don't like them. WE KNOW.

i don't even want to go into this pleba thing...but my enjoyment of an arguement won't let me quit. i started out here in pleba, cos i thought the edge day threads were cool. it freaked me out for a while that people were drooling...then i decided that if i couldn't beat them, i'd join them. that lasted....a month? two? three? i can't remember, i've got no real concept of time. the edge-day threads were fine, but the fact that you can't say anything about bono's hair during POP, and how you have to worship the mullet... that's crazy. and the whole slash thing...dear god. i know it was banned, and threads concerning the band's genitals aren't allowed, but it's impossible to keep it entirely gone. i don't want to single anyone out as being excessivly perverted, and i'd also risk being a hypocrite becuase i'm guilty of staring at the edge gif from the fly video, but enough is enough. sometimes i really wonder if anyone in there listens to the music, or if they're too busy thinking about the band screwing each other (or imagining themselves sleeping with the band).

as zoney said, there's a general amount of stupidity involved in threads. i'm not sure what this dental work thing is, but i remember seing some that discussed the most inane matters such as the colour of bono's socks. do you think bono cares what colour his socks are? why create a thread 3 pages long about it?

Originally posted by IWasBored
you misinterpret everyhting i say an take it as a personal attack.

i'm tired of trying to explain myself to you, beause you never understand anyway. it's like speaking to a wall.

Very ironic you should say that since that is EXACTLY how I feel about you! I mean EXACTLY!

It was Gary's post I was mostly responding to, and the prevailing attitude here in general, not just you, but you took it that way. The PLEBA thing, that was to Gary. On the other thread, I was just explaining a history story to anyone who cared, no offense to you! You seem to find something wrong with everything I do! :banghead: So let's just not answer any more of each other's posts, okay? ;) I have been trying to avoid you, and if it will be noted, let the record show it was you who commented on my posts first, not the other way around.

P.S. I've had you on ignore for weeks now but I always have to click when I see you posted after me. So let's just NOT look and not post. I know I'm a very nice person away from you and the same is probably true of you as well. :)

Bye :wave:

Last edited:
PS- anything rude you have to say about me could be said in a PM now that you are premium, and that would be the best thing to do, unless, you are trying to humiliate me in public. If this isn't true, then don't do it. PM me anytime!

Last edited:
whoa!
peace everyone :D
the personal attacks are bit much, don't ya think?
chiiiiiiilllll out.
back to Radiohead...
oh yeah...i'm a fan...not over the top or die hard...but i'm a fan. :up:
the thing that strikes me the most about Radiohead is their distinctive moodiness aspect to their music.
i really have to pick the times to listen to them....because i can get really affected by their music....i can start off in a completely great mood and find myself going down fast to some Radiohead tunes.
It's not a bad thing...
it's just that i have to choose the times to listen to them.
in any case...they get my vote :up:

Thanks for saying that Autumn...I was thinking the same thing. Its sad when music makes people turn on each other...like what you like and respect that not everyone will feel the same way. Its nothing to get so worked up about.

As for Radiohead...I tried to like them, didn't get it, stopped trying, listened to them again and now "somewhat" like them. I'm very fond of Fake Plastic Trees and Creep but that's about it.

:)

yer welcome, my beauty of a woman! :wave:
i saw the fanfest pics...and yer stunning as ever! :love:
glad you peeps had a great time!

i don't like the personal attacks either.
when it gets to that point...it is literally time to take a whopper of a breather from the message board...or the computer in general.
aint nothing wrong with some fresh air....of which i'm positive that some of us are lacking.
peace, y'all.
lets all get along :hug:

U2Kitten said:
So let's just not answer any more of each other's posts, okay?

Yes, please. I dont want to have to close every thread you two argue in.

U2Kitten said:
I'm getting tired of PLEBA being classified as a bunch of airheads. Just because we like pics of the guys doesn't make us dumb. I bet you have a few Playboys under your bed, Gary.

Obviously an emphatic yes.

:up:

Also, knowledge has nothing to do with taste. I am VERY knowledgeable on music and I'm sure I could wipe out most if not all of you who criticize me for my taste on a game of rock and roll Jeopardy.

Challenge accepted.

There is a big difference between not knowing anything and not liking something. THAT'S the attitude on this forum that pisses me off. If you don't like Coldplay and Radiohead, you are automatically 'stupid' and 'unknowledgeable' and get made fun of. I do not enjoy listening to them and it has nothing to do with intelligence or the validity of my opinions.

I don't think anyone has ever made that assertion. I think I commented earlier on how the perception of superiority seems to cause a reactionary outburst from some of the non-fans... not to imply a pejorative connotation.

As far as knowledgeability goes... it's a credibility issue. Take this however much out of context you wish, but the topic of discussion in many of these forums reduces to shallow contempt of thought. Even though it may be congruous with the site mandate, it doesn't exempt said members from scrutiny. Far be it from me to dictate the standards of etiquette, but there seems to be a disparity... to a hypocritical degree on many arguments, that puts into question the validity of the situation. And thereby, knowledgeability becomes a secondary, oft abandoned framework. As soon as one is inclined to agree with themselves unconditionally, then the foundation of their opinion is compromised.

Only when we all accept a certain level of humility, can any conversation about subjective issues, like music, be discussed in a semi-productive manner. Degradation to simplistic disputes, involving personal attacks on taste, tact, or implied latent homosexuality (thanks for that last one kitten :up: ) only serves to further propagate the misnomer that fans are ignorant; regardless of banner.

Who knows, maybe some worthwhile conversation can arise from a little more civil negotiation of ideas.

The other option... close the goshdarn thread.

Last edited:
if you want to do the musical jeopardy thing can i be question setter? :hyper:

no. no. bad idea.

well let's turn all this radiohead negativity into something positive. i hereby decree this thread to be solely about...

Neil Young

please refrain from personal attacks in my confession... if you like radiohead, great... if you dislike them, great... if you like looking at larry mullen jr.'s mooobs... great. i'd hate to see yet another thread that is simply a confession closed for no good reason. thank you... and continue on...

:evil:

Last edited:
Okay I promised myself, and others, I wouldn't come back here, and I wish this thing would just die and go away or revert to joking status. No lectures are going to do any good, only drag it out. But I am perplexed and bothered by the following comments{If you were premium I'd have PMd you}

Pinball Wizard said:

Degradation to simplistic disputes, involving personal attacks on taste,

Not guilty, but that's what I get upset over.

or implied latent homosexuality (thanks for that last one kitten :up: )

This one bothers me. WTF are you talking about? I never did that. Are you the same person as Gary 2 and are you really a girl? If so I did not know that. I thought Gary was a guy therefore looking at playboys has no implications of that :confused: I meant that what's the difference between a girl drooling on PLEBA and a guy looking at Playboy, and that it doesn't lower one's intelliegence on other matters. I don't want to fight, only clear that up.

I really don't understand why people who bitch about how the tread has gone bad only stir shit by making more posts that are only going to draw it out. LET IT DIE ALREADY!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom