I consider Bono in 2010/2011 a brand new person...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theu2fly

Refugee
Something made him change after 2009 -- not sure what it was, but perhaps the thought of being paralyzed / unable to perform was some kind of rebirth for him. He seemed more suave, more cocky and daring than before -- but also at the same time, he put 100% of himself into everything he did, compared to 2009 he's a brand new person.

Thoughts?

Absolutely. His attitude as he took the stage after his back ordeal said it all.

francoforte10082010-9.jpg

I agree.

2011 Bono > 2010 Bono > 2009 Bono

The whole band was better. Bono's voice is as good as it's been in a long time.

Absolutely. His attitude as he took the stage after his back ordeal said it all.

:heart:

I think that maybe the fact that he came so close to permanent damage with his back made him enjoy being on stage even more. He was full of attitude, and his voice was great! :up:

I have a plate in my head. Everytime i go near the "security devices" at work i set off alarms. Occasionally I've caused low flying planes to be captured by the aliens. The magnets inside my brain are strong enough to tamper with traffic signals and jam the police radar. They leave me alone. I am Terminator. Don't you fuck with me.

I consider that he got a little funnier too. He probably realized how weak and vulnerable we are that just a simple injury can end our lives very quickly, as a result he maybe now takes into consideration the fact to laugh and play more and harder since we all die in the end.

Just a thought.

Yes, because only the truly fanatical among us noticed a change in Bono after his surgery.

Is it really so outrageous to suggest that coming through major surgery gave him a new outlook on life? Or at least a peppier onstage persona?

Come on.

Also maybe in 2009 he didn't feel good because of his back, thus his performances were held back a bit because he couldn't be as physical as he wanted to be. He probably didn't realize the severity of his issues at the time, but he probably did notice something was wrong, even then. There are reports of him appearing to be in agony at some of the NA 2009 shows.

But also, he probably did feel amazing in 2010 after the surgery, and also had something to prove.

corianderstem said:
Yes, because only the truly fanatical among us noticed a change in Bono after his surgery.

Is it really so outrageous to suggest that coming through major surgery gave him a new outlook on life? Or at least a peppier onstage persona?

Come on.
I don't think the OP intended that it was "outrageous", but was just pointing out a thought.

I consider Bono in 2010/2011 as a 'better' person, not brand new. To me, he's the same Bono that he's been this past decade, really. Just with 'Made in Germany' stamped on his ass. :wink:

Bono seemed to loosen up quite a bit, maybe because he realized how lucky they all are to still be on stage together and that it could have all gone away so suddenly for him. That was a very close call and it really is amazing that he could come back like that in such good health. That he went from just hanging onto the steering wheel mic to riding it like a swing seemed like another moment of "Look what I can do now!"

I still say he should've let loose with a big ol' "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" at one of the shows.

It's Bono 2.0, Bionic Bono, what do you expect?

:lol:

Good old technology can fix everything.

Going through the metal dedectors on airports must really be hell for him these days.

Just a shame they forgot to implant the chip that helps him memorize his lyrics, but you cannot have it all, there must sill be some of the old Bono left, otherwise it would only be half the fun.

Very true. Man, when we got to the Frankfurt gig and Bono came onstage we were all in awe. It was like seeing The Fly mixed with PopBono's cocky attitude in a whole new package!
In the 2009 shows I've seen it seemed like he held back, didn't enjoy it as much. 2010 Bono was out to party, have the time of his life and not take anything seriously. Like he had something to make up for, since shows were cancelled and such. He definitely made it up to the fans nicely! It was awesome.

:lol: The girl whom he flipped off here was a bit shocked though, but he apologized right away. They just don't show that on the pictures. Just check Stingray videos and you'll see.

This whole attitude change (and maaaybe the leather) was what got me back onto the nutty fan level. I completely lost interest in 2009. But now I'm back. :mac:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom