how does Angel of Harlem sound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first verse was Edge and Bono, then the whole band kicked in. Bono played harmonica at the end. It was pretty good.

Sounded great. The band seemed to really enjoy playing it with a few smiles and laughs particularly which seemed to be in response to Bono's new snippet (which hopefully he'll do again) + the "rap".

So from the descriptions here, it sounds like it is very close or very similiar to the Elevation version of the song?

Blue Room said:
So from the descriptions here, it sounds like it is very close or very similiar to the Elevation version of the song?

Yeah, not far from it. I saw them play it in London during the Elevation Tour (full band) and Tuesday's version wasn't that different apart from the obvious harmonica solo from Bono!

neilm said:
I'm not sure if it was a planned quick bit of rap or Bono just pissing about having fun. My guess is the latter!!

I reckon the rap and the snippet were just a bit of fun (especially seeing as one followed the other). What I remember as the reaction of Edge and then Bono seems to fit this. I'd love to see a video of that part to refresh the memory.

Man the more I think about it the more I realise how many fun moments there were in the show. The boys really were laid back and enjoying themselves. Hopefully tonight in Sydney is just as good for all those lucky people who are going.

was REALLY good - they were on fire and i really like him playing the harmonica at the end - great song!

U2girl said:
Isn't that the song where Bono apparently goes into a Bob Dylan mode?

bono DID do a bob dylan impersonation at the brisbane 6/11 rehersal, but only at that rehersal as a bit of a joke. he sung it normally at the brisbane show :wink:

Back
Top Bottom