How Did You Get Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was surfing the 'net looking for good U2 sites, something I'd been doing for years. I'd actually known about Interference for a couple of years but hadn't registered. I finally found out what PLEBA was, and I loved it, so I signed up so I could drool over these terrific pictures.

It's is amazing how many of us - are just out there searching for images of U2. That is how I found Interference. What did we do before the internet - bought magazines - now I can come here and drool.:drool: :drool:

I am so happy to find this place.
I was doing a search for U2 sites and clicked on this place. My jaw dropped. This place was like my ultimate dream, to connect with U2 fans throughout the whole world. Since 1985 when I was 12 years old, I have obsessed over this band EVERY SINGLE DAY. Unfortunately, I have been a closest U2 fan, because I know many people I know hate them. To many people, they aren't cool, not in the sense of today's crappy pop music that we have been subjected to for many years.

I thought I was the only real die-hard U2 fan in the world. But this place has shown me there are many people out there who love this band as much as I do, maybe more. What I find particularly amazing is how young these Interferencers are, which makes me real happy. I thought only people who are at least 30 years old like U2. My God, when I first got into U2, some of these people weren't even born or were just babies or toddlers. To me, 1987 is my favorite year. I was 14 years old and I was so much in love with this band. And I still am. In fact, my love for this band grows stronger and stronger every day.
When I was a teenager, I was so afraid to wear U2 t-shirts in public. Now, I am proud to wear them in public, all because of this site. This place has shown me that it's okay to be proud to love U2.

My proudest U2 moment was when they were the big winners at the 1988 Grammys. I was 15 years old and a freshman in high school. Everybody thought Michael Jackson's Bad was going to win Album of the Year. And when U2 won, I was pleasantly surprised. I still can't believe they beat out Michael Jackson. To me, that was a huge upset. Remember, this was when Michael Jackson was incredibly popular.

Last edited:
I had really drifted away from U2 during the Pop Mart era and then ATYCLB came out and they were on TV a lot. I was home a lot, I had just had a baby, was really post-partum depressed, and saw a show where Bono had left a restaurant with a bunch of waitresses. I started wondering if he and Ali had split or something so I started searching for info and found PLEBA. Since then I have beat the baby blues, gone back to school, gotten my teaching credential and have been teaching for 3 years, and fallen for U2 all over again. Life is good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom