Here We Go Again...(My friend might be a giant douche)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to hear its all workin out for ya Lance.

snowbunny00774 said:

he sounds like 50% of the guys i've ever met. some have class, and care, some don't get there till they are older, and some never get it. When I worked overnights I used to pick my bro and lots of his friends up from different parties/etc. thankfully he always had respect, but sometimes some of them were so drunk they would forget who was in the car and the stuff they said made me want to roll them in a ditch.

:yes: a LOT of my mates are like that, but it's just something I've grown so used to that it's like water off a duck's back.

snowbunny00774 said:
nowadays they're mostly married, besotted with their newborn daughters, and would pay me to keep my mouth shut about their disgraceful behaviour

:mad:

Lance, this fool needs to be tied to a chair and forced to watch Field of Dreams for 9 days straight - and right when Costner is about to say, "Hey dad..." the tape stops. He's a douche bag. I'd call him Douche Boy at all times. I've already forgotten his name, as he's just Douche Boy to me now. On the bright side, you are now free to fuck him over at every turn so long as you know him. You [can] win!

Lancemc said:
Well, now that it's increasingly obvious she's interested in me, and not him, the bottom line is basically how he treats me from this point on. He actually said earlier, when she left the room momentarily, and while he was wayyyyy gone by then, "I didn't think I'd be competing with you, Lance."

I which point I kindly suggested he leave me room. So that's how it is.

Yes! I love it when douche bags get popped. (is that taking the metaphor too far?)

Lancemc said:
Ok, quick update while I have a second alone. The three of them came back to my room, brought the booze, so I took the opportunity to go get some soda with Dave. We leave the room, him blatantly hitting on her (he really is obnoxious too, but I've known that already), and he says to me "I want to fuck her. Should I?" Knee jerk reaction, I say "No!" He says "Why?, because you do too, don't you?" :shocked: What an asshole, how do I even respond.

You should have given him one of these:

bitchslap.jpg

This guy sounds like a lot of guys I knew in college. None of them well enough to hang around with, luckily.

OK can i say something?

Your friend is a complete and utter douche, yes, but only because you LET him be.

I've been waiting to hear the part where you said "YES, you fucking asshole, I AM interested in her, more than just fucking her in fact. YOU are fucking it up, and step the fuck off before I bash your fucking skull in"

I guarantee you one thing: He might have taken you up on the fight, but the girl would be "yours" (btwn you and him, that is) because you actually stood up for yourself. He'd have no choice but to respect the fact that someone actually stood up for themself.

You (apparently) went the other route, which was to sit back and watch him dig a huge hole for himself by his naturally boorish behaviour. Which is, in itself, an acceptable alternative, but what if he HADN'T gotten drunk and been a total douche that night"? Then, truly, you just *might have had to compete with him.

Whereas, if you had stood up to him, he would likely have protested 'fair game' or whatever, but in the end because he supposedly has so many other chicks he can fuck he would have run off in their direction eventually. Guys like that want the easy way to get laid, not the harder way.

The point is, and someone else used the term 'dibs' - you never actually out and out stated to him that he was out of line...you told your friends/roomates, you tell us....but you don't tell him...you politely suggest that maybe it's time he should leave your room??? Are you kidding me??

I know guys like him...in fact....EDIT: actually, no, as dog as I was in my dog days, I never cut in on a friend, never...but if a friend comes on that strong and says 'back the fuck off, I'm trying something here', 99% of the time, unless you yourself sincerely believe that you are going to lose out on the love of a lifetime, ya back the fuck off....

You gotta stand up for yerself man!

(PS - this should not be confused with a belief that somehow either of you have 'dibs' on her, much less any woman, or that somehow men get to choose the game whilst the women meekly wait for it all to work out...not saying that at all...but in a 'guys context', staking your 'claim' as it were is the only language he'll understand, and, probably, respect...)

In addition....she might actually respect you way more if you cut him out of the 'fellowship' circle and make sure he's not around anymore to harass her!

Last edited:
I guess it's worth mentioning that he and I had a serious conversation, and there was some heavy misinterpretation on both our parts, even though he still acted like a dick, and admitted so and apologized for such. So it's behind us now, at least as much as it can be.

Whatever, things are gonna be alright.

Lancemc said:
I guess it's worth mentioning that he and I had a serious conversation, and there was some heavy misinterpretation on both our parts, even though he still acted like a dick, and admitted so and apologized for such. So it's behind us now, at least as much as it can be.

Whatever, things are gonna be alright.

As long as you two have that straightened out, that's good.

Still gotta watch, but I'm sure you know that.

It's early enough and this might be going against The Code but who's to say you can't 'hang out and have a drink' with her too. Let her decide. It's been done before.

zuropa_fit said:
It's early enough and this might be going against The Code but who's to say you can't 'hang out and have a drink' with her too. Let her decide. It's been done before.

Might want to catch up on the rest of the thread, and maybe check out The Little Bastard's as well.

It's all well and good.

I think I've got it straight now (but I might need an Advil or 6)

So the Hispanic girl that you two were fighting over ditched her boyfriend for going to Germany without her permission, and you two guys tried to hit it all wknd and finally when bf #1 came home (by way of an Atlanta connecting flight), she went back to him. And somehow all this triggered the current recession in the Philadelphia manufacturing sector.

Man, that sucks.

gabrielvox said:
I think I've got it straight now (but I might need an Advil or 6)

So the Hispanic girl that you two were fighting over ditched her boyfriend for going to Germany without her permission, and you two guys tried to hit it all wknd and finally when bf #1 came home (by way of an Atlanta connecting flight), she went back to him. And somehow all this triggered the current recession in the Philadelphia manufacturing sector.

Man, that sucks.

Yeah man, blows right?

And seriously, it seems like all my friends as dicks. I've only had 2 hours sleep last night because my roommate kept coming in and out of the room between 2 and 5 AM with this ex-girlfriend of his, waking me up repeatedly from my already shorter-than-desired 6.5 hour sleep schedule, and I'm pretty sure they even fucked in the room once or twice. I can't catch a fucking break it seems. So then I had to get up at 8 to finish this paper and go to my 2.5 Visual Literacy class, then come back, lay on my bed for an hour, sleep for maybe 5 minutes, and here I am getting ready to go to another 2.5 block class of silent film screenings. I'm. Not. Going. To. Survive.

:faint:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Well, if he knew you were interested and he is your friend then she shouldn't have made a move at all.

:up:

If he really did know you were interested, he was clearly a dick for making a move like that. But, of course, you know that already. And, now that things have been patched up, I must echo everyone else's question:

DID YOU HIT IT?

No, I didn't hit it. How the fuck would that have fit in the chronology of this whole thing.

I'll be sure to post a flyer though or something when I do, if that will suffice.

And...I totally forget what else I was going to say. Fuck I'm so out of it.

edit: oh yeah, that's right. LM, thanks for the PM. Cheered me up a bit. :up:

randhail said:

but aren't you glad that your life has moved beyond this psuedo-drama?

Yes, except then you move on to the real drama which is not exactly better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom