Help Me Quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Refugee
Okay, I need to do an oral presentation for English on Thursday (Australian time).
My teacher said "it would be nice if we had some music to go with the speech" (She means: "If you don't have music to go with the speech then you'll lose marks.")

My speech is on Human Rights. What song (U2 preferably cos you don't know what else is in my colleciton and I don't have time to list everything) would match this topic???

Please help me! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

--Meghan

Last edited:
Is this music that will be playing in the background while you actually speak? In which case, maybe something a bit quieter like One, which can still easily fit in that context.

Yeah. I was thinking something pretty quiet. I meant to say that, but I was kinda in a hurry.
One is a good idea -- Thanks!

Any more suggestions would still be nice though, everyone!:wink:

And if you do think of a really relevant song that is loud, I will be playing it at low volume, so still suggest it please!

Last edited:
"Silver and Gold" is a pretty strong human rights song, although it has that mini sermon in the middle. But how about "Pride" (PITNOL ;) )?

PITNOL... :lmao:

Damn, I need to take some Pitnol for my backache.

Okay lemme not steer this thread away. Peace On Earth is a good choice I think. One ends with Bono's falsetto which could get loud for background music. ;)

martha said:
One. It's familiar enough so it wouldn't distract from your presentation.

No, its not. I think there's something wrong with the town I live in. The only other person I know who shares my love and knowledge of U2 is 30 years older than me -- And he doesn't really live here. Nobody in my class knows Achtung Baby is even an album -- Someone guessed it was a movie. :uhoh:

But anyway, I think I'll go with Peace on Earth -- Quiet, but just enough emotion to fit the topic.

Thanks for all the help, I had the biggest mental blank when I was trying to think of songs.

:bow: Thank God for Interference!

I have a bootleg of Bono making a little speech, talking about "the right to live like a human", just before going into "One."

For you bootleg collectors out there, it's off the Slane 1 concert.

Crumbs from Your Table 5:03
Walk to the Water 4:49
Luminous Times ( Hold on to Love) 4:37
Miss Sarajevo 4:32

thrillme said:
I have a bootleg of Bono making a little speech, talking about "the right to live like a human", just before going into "One."

:D Hehehe, I put that in my speech. :evil:

(The quote, I mean.)

Back
Top Bottom