Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:

Lila, I just realized what looks amiss about your cute little hula dancers.....they have no feet!!! Are they dancing in the sky or in the clouds or in the pretty blue pacific ocean? Hahahahaha I just had to laff when I realized this! :wink:

I see feet. But they're very very small.
Dancing barefoot.

trevster2k said:
I think the band chose Hawaii as the last show as a reward for the crew of the tour, anyone know if they getting a week's vacation on the islands or something like that? If I had a world tour raking in a couple of hundred million, I think that would be the least I could do to thank my employees for giving up their families and friends for a year.

This thought had crossed my mind too. What better way to unwind then with a few days in Hawaii, but I bet they would go somewhere very exclusive and private, possibly one of the less touristy (is that a word?) islands.

Good night all.

trevster2k said:
I think the band chose Hawaii as the last show as a reward for the crew of the tour, anyone know if they're getting a week's vacation on the islands or something like that? If I had a world tour raking in a couple of hundred million, I think that would be the least I could do to thank my employees for giving up their families and friends for a year.

I don't know anything about it.
But it ain't too difficult to imagine that this could be the case.
:heart: the idea.
Hope it turns out to be true.

ani-hula.gif

Aloha folks from your U2 fan in Hawaii!
Here's a couple comments from the last few pages I read about the swap meet, camping out, and all that stuff.
There really isn't all that much food at the swap meet. I think the best thing at the snack bars is nachos and sodas. Food I suppose, but not much variety. Depending on what time you all get there, there wont be many vendors left. 99% of them sell tourist stuff, and tourists are pretty much all that shop there. It's a great place to pick up souvenirs and the like, but don't worry about the locals looking at you weird, it'll be your fellow tourists looking at you weird!:lol:
The way the stage map looks to me is sort of a horseshoe kind of thing. I don't know if they'll do that random thing to get in the middle up by the stage.
The ticket situation is not good either, no media here has reported anything about an announcement of another show. My gut feeling is that there will not be one. Boo!:(
That's about it.

thanks for the update topherchris9!

Have you been to the swapmeet, or is it strictly for tourists? How do tourists even know to go there for souvenirs and such? Is it advertised or in brochures? I haven't looked into anything yet, let alone what we are gonna do & see...

I've been to the swapmeet. It's hard not to hear about it once you get here, they advertise in all the hotels and someone will mention it before you go if they've been here before.

hehe can;t sleep....ok it looks like the hula ladies might be dancing on their tippy toes. and yes, the other smilie thing does look like the scrubbinb bubbles ad!

Lila...drop by your AAA office and pick up info on Hawaii. It's free there-maps, tourguide, brochures. You'll get a good idea of where things are, what you wanna do etc. Or go to a bookstore and pick up a Fodor's or travel guide if you want to spend the money.

As for a 2nd show you guys, if it doesn't happen Monday it ain't happenin.....

Thanks Topherchris for all the local info. Maybe some info on what's available close to the stadium food and drink wise and restrooms, etc might be some good info.

Shirtless Trev! That's the best way to be in the Islands.....too bad us girls can't do the same. well not without causing a scene or getting arrested! I do like the blue silk flower lei idea...we've already got sooooo many t-shirts!

it's like we're all pacing the halls outside the delivery room...

:crazy:

Carek1230 said:

As for a 2nd show you guys, if it doesn't happen Monday it ain't happenin.....

It won't happen Monday if the Stones show is going to be announced then, but I wouldn't give up the ghost on a second show yet. If it doesn't get announced within a week after the Grammys though then I would say it definitely is not happening.

The reason the 1st show isn't selling out is because they're asking too much for those nosebleed seats. And everyone who didn't have tickets yet for the 1st one assumes there will be a 2nd show added. If they put the 2nd one on sale, 80% of it would sell out within a few hours. They would both sell out by April

Yes im about 2 days behind everyone else with this (spent yesterday sleeping off a hangover :lol:) but that Kevin/sally/ bacardi voicemail :lmao:

so they still havent announced another show yet

i wouldnt give up, am sure they will add another, seems silly to fly all the equipment out to hawaii for 1 show

:wink:

Last edited:
bonoishot said:
so they still havent announced another show yet

i wouldnt give up, am sure they will add another, seems silly to fly all the equipment out to hawaii for 1 show
I'm pretty sure what we need to hope for is a quick sell-out of the Stones show. If there's tickets remaining for both Stones and U2, there's no chance of adding a third show to the mix.

On the other hand, a quick Stones sellout might lead to a second Stones show, but I still think its our best chance.

The_acrobat said:
The reason the 1st show isn't selling out is because they're asking too much for those nosebleed seats. And everyone who didn't have tickets yet for the 1st one assumes there will be a 2nd show added. If they put the 2nd one on sale, 80% of it would sell out within a few hours. They would both sell out by April

The Euro shows sold out at the same prices (or higher), even for nosebleeds. Maybe they should come back to Europe.

Well I have good news & bad news :eyebrow:

The bad news is I'm not going to Hawaii, :(

The good news is I'm going to the SUPER BOWL :hyper: :dancing:

I've seen plenty of U2 but never the big game, since my STEELERS are playing in it, & its in my hometown this is a no brainer.....miro you can take me off the list you all have a great time I know I will.... :hyper:

Jim, sorry to hear you can't make it to Hawaii. Congrats to the Steelers for making it to the Superbowl, though :up:

I was just reading this month's Budget Travel and in their "40 Best" offers they mention a deal to Honolulu from LAX or San Francisco: $664 for transfers, 5 nights at the Ohana Maile Sky court. Good for Wed/Thurs. departures from March 15-April 19. Extra nights $37. United Vacations 888 328 6877 or www. unitedvacations.com.

No idea how good this deal is compared to what others have gotten, but thought I'd pass it on for those of you who have not yet booked.

I would choose Superbowl with hometown team over U2 too, Superbowl is a ridiculously huge event. Have fun.

ruffian said:
Jim, sorry to hear you can't make it to Hawaii. Congrats to the Steelers for making it to the Superbowl, though :up:

I was just reading this month's Budget Travel and in their "40 Best" offers they mention a deal to Honolulu from LAX or San Francisco: $664 for transfers, 5 nights at the Ohana Maile Sky court. Good for Wed/Thurs. departures from March 15-April 19. Extra nights $37. United Vacations 888 328 6877 or www. unitedvacations.com.

No idea how good this deal is compared to what others have gotten, but thought I'd pass it on for those of you who have not yet booked.

Ohhh I love, love, love Budget Travel Magazine! :hyper:

Too bad I don't live in LAX or San Fran. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom