Have there been any ebay horror stories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adenoid_hynkel

The Fly
Tickets that don't scan when you get there or anything like that?

I just broke down and got some (decent price actually) but am nervous.

The person had a good feedback rating, so I'm hoping for the best.

adenoid_hynkel said:
Tickets that don't scan when you get there or anything like that?

I just broke down and got some (decent price actually) but am nervous.

The person had a good feedback rating, so I'm hoping for the best.

I had the same feeling when I got TicketFast tickets from ebay.
In the end, it went all right, luckily.

i got tickets for opening night in Amsterdam from ebay, and was convinced they were fake. If you tear a tiny bit and the paper has strands of blue in it that's cool. Also, if the paper is of good quality that's a good sign. Check the serial numbers are different too. There's a heat test too, if you heat the ticket it should turn black, apparently they are fire proof!!!!

Above all stop fretting, i bet they'll be ok!

good feedback = good ticket usually unless they bought it from someone else, etc...but feedback is always a good way to trust things.

do the tear test

make a little rip in the top of the ticket... and i do mean little.. if you see blue threads inside the ticket, it's either a) a real ticket or b) part of some elaborate ticket scalping scheme by a group that stole actual ticketmaster stock from the company to print their fakes.

so yea... if there's blue threads, they're real

good feedback is definately the way to go. i've bought several tickets (including 4 to the 12/5 show, from 2 different sellers) and haven't had any problems.

I brought Manchester tickets off Ebay and they were fine...

Good feedback usually means good tickets - don't worry!! It is probably a ticket tout selling them anyway!

Lisa

I've had four good experiences with Ebay tickets. I held my breath when they scanned the ticketfast ticket, but everything worked out fine.

alison0313 said:
I've had four good experiences with Ebay tickets. I held my breath when they scanned the ticketfast ticket, but everything worked out fine.

I held my breath too when they scanned my Ebay tix at Madison Square Garden, but the tickets scanned just fine and I ended up on the outside rail on Adam's side. Granted I did have hard tix not Ticketfast, but I was still nervous nonetheless. Having spent $225 on the ticket and about the same amount to fly all the way from Oregon to see the show with one of my best friends--the grief from my non-U2 loving husband would have been merciless if I hadn't gotten in to the show on the 22nd.

Someone else posted that positive feedback is a pretty good indicator. I would certainly purchase tickets again from Ebay as long as there is a significant number of feedback (I'd be very wary of new Ebayers with 0 transactions) and that it's all pretty good (98% or better).

I'm just happy that my final show here in Portland is with a ticket I got myself through the fan club presale. No worries except for the bitter cold I'll probably catch while waiting in line...

I've done many eBay transactions for tickets over the years. Never a problem, but I do draw the line at Ticketsfast, and I do pay attention to feedback, and the general presentation of the auction. Just got the tix for my latest, a pair to tomorrow's show in Buffalo. Can't wait!

I've never had a problem with tickets purchased off of Ebay. I definitely agree that seller's feedback is the #1 thing I look at. Most of the ticket sellers I've purchased from had at least 50 positive transactions and no negative feedback. If you're worried about where they got the tickets from, then I'd email the seller and ask. Also, I highly recommend using PayPal cause if there is a problem, you're better protected. Finally, if you're really worried about the ticket, take it to a local ticket outlet and have them take a look. I purchased a pair of tix to one of the NJ Elevation shows and they were partially black (you could still read the copy). It freaked me out and I took it to TicketMaster where they confirmed that the tickets were real. Apparently heat and/or intense light, like sunlight can turn the tickets black (which is why they put them in an envelope when you purchase them).

TicketFast makes me nervous but I wouldn't select that option from ticketmaster either. I'm old fashioned that way!

Good luck!

I bought my first tix off eBay a few months ago, for the Charlotte December 12th show (my first ever). Even though the guy had great feedback and the tix were hard copies, I wont truly breathe a sigh of relief until I am inside the arena. LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom