Happy Black Friday - WAiE: What number did you get?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys ,

I just got back from the local record stores (I went to 2 :hyoer::applaud: ) and bought three copies ( we had to cheat the systems a little and i had to give cash to a freind because they would only let us get one per customer :grumpy: ), and I got these numbers:

1. 0054

2 . 5614

3. 1366

I am so excited and cannot wait to listen to it on a record player someday !!! :hyper::love:

To bonosgurl84 (who i bought a copy 4: I am going to send you 1366 if that is ok with you ?!) :sexywink: :heart: :drool::up::up::up:

wide awake in europe items - Get great deals on Music, Entertainment Memorabilia items on eBay.com!

Awesome, U2!

You did a fantastic job supporting local record shops with this one... every local store made $30, and Ebayers are going to make thousands!

So fucking misguided it hurts. If they wanted to support local record shops, they should have allowed this to be a regular release in small shops ONLY. THAT would have made sense.

I live somewhere where the only store participating was a hardcore punk store that didn't get any. I have friends trying but I'm sure I won't end up with one.

Last copy picked up by my friend for me at Criminal Records in Toronto. #1149.

I've got two technics 1200....so this will be spinning.

WideAwakeInEurope.jpg

Yeah, there was a guy buying a stack of Metallica CDs that were released today and the cashier looked at him and said "Uhhh 1 per customer?"

Yeah, these record store days are also good opportunities for people that want to make money of the limitation of some of the releases.

I came home today and then ran back out quickly to another record store to get the 45rpm edition of Black Keys Brothers which I neglected to get at the other place I went to this morning.

No luck. I hit 3 record shops in town not listed on u2.com and came home empty handed.
I did find some cool coasters a shop owner was making from damaged vinyl albums, he said he was in the process of making some U2 so I'll call him back in a couple of days.

Anyone have any extra's for sale?? I could not get any & now they are going for $150.00 on ebay. I heard a lot of record Store Owners here in the States held back copies so they could be put up on Ebay.

Which eBay are you looking at? The US site has them for 1/3 of that:

U2 Wide Awake in Europe 12" RECORD STORE DAY Vinyl New - eBay (item 160511940266 end time Dec-04-10 10:03:53 PST)

They'll soon drop to $25, don't overpay for one right now
Yeah, I'm kind of shocked that they're selling for so much. They pressed 5000, right? That's pretty high by Record Store Day standards: I think they pressed around 3000 of the MGMT single, and that's selling for around $15 on eBay.

# 1735 . from Vintage Vinyl , with a damaged sleeve (on top , and a damaged jacket. The vinyl itself is fine but it pisses me off a bit none the less!

IMG_5370.jpg

Back
Top Bottom