Group project: dvd Alien Baby's font glyphs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atts

The Fly
The new dvd is alot of fun. I really enjoyed the animated menus.

Would LOVE to see anyone decipher and/or provide the viewscreen menu alphabet that appears throughout the Zoo baby alien's craft.
U2_360_Concert03.jpg

Is it ancient sumerian, alien crop circles, astrology, science or amalgam????

Friends, we gotta crack the alien baby's alphabet code for easter eggs or menu translations in the least!!!

The closest I can find ( and it appears to be a mirror image of some letters "are WUA (below which makes the most sense) but rando letters in other languages such as Loma and Coptic. " I found both at Omniglot.com a fabulous resource!
OMNIGLOT SAYS:
The World Unity Alphabet alphabet (WUA) was invented by Shane Gartner as a writing system that can be used to write virtually any language.

nm_wua.gif

He used existing alphabets to construct the language into a uniform font, bringing together the idea of world unity (hence the name). The template he came up with is a circle with six triangular sections that looks sort of like a Trivial Pursuit "pie" piece, which he likes to think represents the six (inhabited) continents and their nations. It can also be two peace symbols stacked on top of each other. He borrowed characters from as many different languages as he could as an "original" design for each letter. He borrowed from some languages more than once, taking in account how many people speak them.

Sample text (Printed)

udhr_wua.gif

"The only text they translate has been displayed on screens at u2 concerts "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)

World Unity Alphabet alphabet
See my avatar , the dvd or ????

It's actually the Pokemon Unown alphabet. Not joking, they ripped it off from nintendo. Especially the Z and the I are clear.
Unown_Alphabet_by_acer_v.jpg

If so what is the translation. lLooks similar but even without the dots it's not identical.
-ATTS

Back
Top Bottom