Gross, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, there are lots of false friends between spanish and english as well as between portuguese and spanish.

Kate did Spanish in high school, and I used to amuse myself by "translating" her Spanish work into what I thought it looked like in English.

Actually, my friend Aaron and I amused ourselves doing that in German class too. Languages would be so much funnier (not to mention easier) if they all just meant what I think they SHOULD mean!

Yep, because I participated in them! Apart from a few extremely lucky individuals, most of us could only get tickets right up the back! I said fuck it and didn't even use my code (which was lucky - I didn't renew, but I was still allowed to use my old code for the Aussie/Kiwi shows). My ex-friend used his, though, so my first U2 concert was right up the back in Boston. Wasn't actually that bad, we had a good view of proceedings and everything. But it was pretty shit we couldn't get GAs or anything, while scalpers had just hammered the server and instantly had GAs all over eBay for staggering prices.

Wow, so you couldn't get any GA trough the presale?? That's pretty damn shitty!

Wow, so you couldn't get any GA trough the presale?? That's pretty damn shitty!

They made far too few GAs available, and scalpers took essentially all of them. I could probably count on one hand the amount of actual fans I saw post here that they got presale GAs on the first leg.

They made far too few GAs available, and scalpers took essentially all of them. I could probably count on one hand the amount of actual fans I saw post here that they got presale GAs on the first leg.

Ahh, damn that's pretty fucked up. Couldn't they just make all those scalped GA's invalid and have a resale?

Ahh, damn that's pretty fucked up. Couldn't they just make all those scalped GA's invalid and have a resale?

I think they tried to cancel what tickets they could identify as being scalped, but identification was a bitch.

I'm sure if you go into the Vertigo Tour forum archive, you'll find plenty of outraged threads from late January/early February 2005.

I think they tried to cancel what tickets they could identify as being scalped, but identification was a bitch.

I'm sure if you go into the Vertigo Tour forum archive, you'll find plenty of outraged threads from late January/early February 2005.

Hm, well at leat they tried, and apologized. Better than nothing I guess.

Why were you banned from the tour forum in 06 btw?

Hm, well at leat they tried, and apologized. Better than nothing I guess.

Why were you banned from the tour forum in 06 btw?

At least subsequent presales have actually worked out. Speaking of which, only an hour to go! :nervous:

Haha, I got into an argument when the Aussie/Kiwi gigs got postponed. I think I told a couple of mods to shove it.

At least subsequent presales have actually worked out. Speaking of which, only an hour to go! :nervous:

Haha, I got into an argument when the Aussie/Kiwi gigs got postponed. I think I told a couple of mods to shove it.

It's 3 pm here. Stupid Oirish and their lazy timezone!!

:lol: Wow, you're lucky to still be here then!

It's 3 pm here. Stupid Oirish and their lazy timezone!!

:lol: Wow, you're lucky to still be here then!

God, when I saw "it's 3pm", I jumped. Then I read the rest of your post.

Haha, I know. I just about exited here with only ~25,000 posts to my name ...

Who told me I would probably not make the 200 in this thread?

Haha, nice going. I think this is only the second time you've reached 200, the other time being when you went on to make 300 in Anti-Atlas.

Oh HELL YES. No matter what now, I'm seeing U2 at least once in each of Paris, Amsterdam, and Dublin!

45 minutes to go for Dublin II ...

Oh HELL YES. No matter what now, I'm seeing U2 at least once in each of Paris, Amsterdam, and Dublin!

45 minutes to go for Dublin II ...

Good luck, Ax!!!

:pray:

i need to go to a meeting. will be back to check how it went for Dublin2!

God, when I saw "it's 3pm", I jumped. Then I read the rest of your post.

Haha, I know. I just about exited here with only ~25,000 posts to my name ...

Hehe.

That's a huge amount of posts in only 3 years. :lol: It would've been so much more quiet here without you, and I probably wouldn't get my date!

Just got a text with his proper email :d

So fucking nervous.

Just realised I need to make the new Survivor round too!

Hehe.

That's a huge amount of posts in only 3 years. :lol: It would've been so much more quiet here without you, and I probably wouldn't get my date!

Just got a text with his proper email :d

Psh. Even at the start of 2008, I only had just over 30,000 posts. I believe I hit 34,000 posts during the Kunstmuseum fall-out.

Where would we all be without Axver's (Unintentional) Dating Service ...

K give me a location and I'll make the thread, but I really should go out and get groceries later. :lol: I was also planning to do homework today, but I've already given up on that. I'm way too creative atm to do homework, I'll play some more bass later!

:laugh: I should be doing uni readings. No way in hell is that happening right now.

I'm trying to think if there's anywhere on the location list I want to take us to ... as a matter of fact, have you ever taken us to anywhere outside of Holland?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom