Grizzly, Oregon, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This promises to be awesome. I'll buy as many copies of the single as you can pack into the mail in 10-14 seconds.

Listening to the song now, I really think it lacks (besides guitar past 40 seconds into the song, drums and a bunch of other stuff) a yodelling death metal singer...do they exist?

Axver, 07-08-09 Milan is probably the best NLOTH clip I've seen from Matt. The band is placed in front of glowing yellow smoke and Bono is passionate. Plus, it's filmed in HD. :wink:

Cool, thanks for that - I'll check it out now. I currently have NLOTH from the first Zagreb show selected, simply because Matt had a sweet spot to film that night.

It shall be quite the epic wankery, it's a punk song in length, but a prog song in complexity

I mean so far it's Intro, verse, chorus, random bass wankery solo, verse chorus, guitar solo, bridge, verse, chorus

With a verse length of roughly 14 seconds and a chorus of 10 seconds, I have no idea where there'll be time for lyrics but who cares this promises to be epic...either in the win or fail sense

I haven't heard my friend's guitar solo yet but it promises to be roughly 17 seconds of guitar wankery :lol:

Oh dear, I can imagine a '60-notes' a second type solo, the sort you hear in emo/screamo songs, just minus the screaming!

If you don't like it you ought to step up and tell the rest of the band that it's crap!

Nope, it's just kinda random strumming with a midi controller, we don't speed up our solos...much...:wink:

If I had some decent recorder thing and a mic. that I could use with my computer I would be making my own, experimental music, with buzzing fridge noises, toilet flushes and continous banging on pots and pans. :wink:

Oh dear, I can imagine a '60-notes' a second type solo, the sort you hear in emo/screamo songs, just minus the screaming!

If you don't like it you ought to step up and tell the rest of the band that it's crap!

If I had some decent recorder thing and a mic. that I could use with my computer I would be making my own, experimental music, with buzzing fridge noises, toilet flushes and continous banging on pots and pans. :wink:

I'm gonna wait until the song is finished before deciding if it's crap, right now I'm not sure what side of the line it's on right now

Experimental music :drool: We started off making it before we had decent mics, recording equipment, virtual/electronic drums...I have no idea how we made some of our early songs :lol:

One night in Dublin when Alison and I were walking back from a gig, I kept running my cane over grates and manhole covers and things, and it was sounding kind of musical, so we decided that I should record an album called Grate Music. We could get Bishop Tutu to market it. "GRRRREAT GRRRRRATE MUSIC!"

One night in Dublin when Alison and I were walking back from a gig, I kept running my cane over grates and manhole covers and things, and it was sounding kind of musical, so we decided that I should record an album called Grate Music. We could get Bishop Tutu to market it. "GRRRREAT GRRRRRATE MUSIC!"

I call this song "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Featuring Bishop Tutu)"

I'm gonna wait until the song is finished before deciding if it's crap, right now I'm not sure what side of the line it's on right now

Experimental music :drool: We started off making it before we had decent mics, recording equipment, virtual/electronic drums...I have no idea how we made some of our early songs :lol:

I've only really got Audacity. On my 'I want...' list I have a new computer (Ax'll help me get one. :wink:), and some basic recording equipment, a microphone etc.

I don't know if I can sing, but I know I make a pretty good songwriter. :D

I'll buy all your copies!

Seriously, wouldn't it be cool to make music solely out of household items, and even inanimate objects!

I call this song "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Featuring Bishop Tutu)"

I can name the tracks after moments in his speech.

1. We Are The Same Person
2. A LIFE
3. Grate Problems
4. ONE! ONE! I HATE ONE!
5. Why Does Axver Lie?

I've only really got Audacity. On my 'I want...' list I have a new computer (Ax'll help me get one. :wink:), and some basic recording equipment, a microphone etc.

I don't know if I can sing, but I know I make a pretty good songwriter. :D

Use an equaliser on your voice and you'll be amazed at what you can do, or record straight into a guitar effects box...:shifty:

OK, that NLOTH that Moser suggested is pretty good - the smoke really adds to things.

YouTube - U2 Milan 2009-07-08 No Line On The Horizon

(I await Vlad's opinion in 2011.)

My computer will malfunction before 2011. :lol:

Use an equaliser on your voice and you'll be amazed at what you can do, or record straight into a guitar effects box...:shifty:

Yes, yes indeed. I particularly adore the 'bass boost' option, make it sound beefier. In fact I did try to make something with a few demo recordings that came with the program, and it sounded like a beat-boxing hip hop song.

My computer will malfunction before 2011. :lol:

Yes, yes indeed. I particularly adore the 'bass boost' option, make it sound beefier. In fact I did try to make something with a few demo recordings that came with the program, and it sounded like a beat-boxing hip hop song.

I'd avoid the bass boost option personally, and go with an equaliser. You're doing the same thing but with more control

I know you're on dail up but this is what you can achieve with audacity

YouTube - The Unicorn Song (More Than Horses With Horns)

A true 21st masterpiece if I say so myself :wink:

With a couple of Radiohead snippets.

And maybe an Oasis snippet too. Sung to the melody of a Beatles song.

Sing Wonderwall to the tune of Hey Jude. :hmm:

And someone said Radiohead? We'll have Thom Yorke squirming for back up vocals!

FIVE STARS!

If I had a band, we'd snippet it live. And cover it in full whenever we're in Dublin.

If I were in a band, I would personally snippet a death metal version of 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'. The baaaadest snippet in town.

:rockon:

If I were in a band, I would personally snippet a death metal version of 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'. The baaaadest snippet in town.

:rockon:

I'd open some of my gigs with a black metal cover of Mary Had A Little Lamb / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet). In April.

I'd open some of my gigs with a black metal cover of Mary Had A Little Lamb / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet). In April.

And we'll end our shows with a Creed snippet, I can't believe there has been no mention of this yet.

Wiiirth Uuuhrms Wuuyde Oooopuuun!

G'night John! :wave:

I'd demand my money and time back from any band that snippets Creed!

I want 5 minutes of my life back! Please erase the memories of my last 5 minutes!

Uh, I took a while to reply because my computer refused to respond. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom