Grizzly, Oregon, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard that on VH at 11:30 there'll be a half-hour U2 special, Live from Boston. I'm assuming that's the Sommerville Theatre performance. :hmm:

Not the Elevation Boston show? I first saw that on TV, condensed into about an hour-long broadcast.

I would've though it was that, don't know for sure, anyway it's on in just over 30 minutes.

Shame I lack pay-TV! I wasn't sure that the full Somerville Theatre thing had actually been broadcast on telly ...

Shame I lack pay-TV! I wasn't sure that the full Somerville Theatre thing had actually been broadcast on telly ...

Well, I am unsure whether they'd start broadcasting a concert video from some 8 years ago!

5 minutes to find out. :hyper:

Huh, cool. I just listened to that on the radio when it happened; I haven't seen any actual footage from it.

(Though I'm not that taken by the set the band played, to tell you the truth.)

Eh, they're showing the Magnificent performance. It's pretty good, not spectacular, but good.

Now we're onto the Boots-express! :rockon:

The crowd certainly got into it. Great stuff.

I must admit, I'm a bit surprised U2 never did NLOTH live on the promo tour, even though they played it in their own studios. It would've been excellent.

And I feel like it's a shame the Somerville Theatre performance was only 30 minutes ... the Q&A really wasn't that great, and the previous couple of nights had already featured U2 talking, so it would've been nice if they'd taken advantage of the theatre setting do an hour-long set. Ah well. Not as if I was there or care much about downloading the boot anyway.

Someone forgot to take his crazy pills this morning :eek:

Heh ... I work best in the mornings and I really need to focus on my thesis and other university shit. Lucky me.

Of course, right now I'm working on a U2gigs article rather than the thesis!

I must admit, I'm a bit surprised U2 never did NLOTH live on the promo tour, even though they played it in their own studios. It would've been excellent.

And I feel like it's a shame the Somerville Theatre performance was only 30 minutes ... the Q&A really wasn't that great, and the previous couple of nights had already featured U2 talking, so it would've been nice if they'd taken advantage of the theatre setting do an hour-long set. Ah well. Not as if I was there or care much about downloading the boot anyway.

I agree, it's not really a spectacular performance by any means, it's still quite good. Maybe because it is not in a stadium. :shrug:

Still, we've got 360 tour, and it still seems to be going bloody well, as most would be saying.

Heh ... I work best in the mornings and I really need to focus on my thesis and other university shit. Lucky me.

Of course, right now I'm working on a U2gigs article rather than the thesis!

I'm useless in the mornings, I'm more a noon to 4am person :lol:

Wait until you see my U2gigs reviews, which should come in the next week or two ...

Oh yes, I'd love to read that. :up:

They're showing the studio version of Crazy, and I must say the remix version tops it by quite a bit.

I can't even listen to the original Crazy any more because it sounds so piss-weak compared to the remix.

You know what'd be sweet? If U2 did a proper danced-up bit of a setlist. Imagine an encore like this:

- Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
- Crazy Tonight (live remix)
- Mofo (who fucking cares, it's MOOOOFFFFOOOOOOOOOO)

The remix of Crazy just knocks the original out of existence

:yes:

I can't even listen to the original Crazy any more because it sounds so piss-weak compared to the remix.

You know what'd be sweet? If U2 did a proper danced-up bit of a setlist. Imagine an encore like this:

At least bring in Discotheque, at the very least.

We're privileged to have an awesome remix of Crazy.

Shit that would be awesome.

I love how many great dance songs/remixes U2 have without sounding like they're selling out :lol:

Oh yes, I'd love to read that. :up:

Some key points:

Positive
- Opening with four NLOTH songs is great
- THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
- Crazy remix
- Good variation for a stadium tour
- Electrical Storm performed

Negative
- Breathe is the worst opener in U2 concert history (I don't mean this quite as strongly as it sounds; I simply cannot think of a worse opening track, so it's worst by default)
- Electrical Storm not performed half as much as it deserves
- Short, underwhelming encore
- Why is WOWY still here? At least play it properly if you must play it ... the Aussie U2 Show quite seriously do WOWY better than U2 themselves at the moment.
- The bloody Walk On masks!

Some key points:

Positive
- Opening with four NLOTH songs is great
- THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
- Crazy remix
- Good variation for a stadium tour
- Electrical Storm performed

Negative
- Breathe is the worst opener in U2 concert history (I don't mean this quite as strongly as it sounds; I simply cannot think of a worse opening track, so it's worst by default)
- Electrical Storm not performed half as much as it deserves
- Short, underwhelming encore
- Why is WOWY still here? At least play it properly if you must play it ... the Aussie U2 Show quite seriously do WOWY better than U2 themselves at the moment.
- The bloody Walk On masks!

I would have to agree with most of that, although Breathe is a good song, it wouldn't pack as much as a punch as Boots would, straight swap perhaps? And the encore is still pretty short, I agree with that.

Although the negatives outweigh the positives it seems. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom