Grammy Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most likely, the "One" duet would introduce the MusicCares segment ( or at least be somehow tipping their hat to the cause), with which Edge has had a big role in promoting. I think the duet got a lot of good attention before - overall. Looking forward to it!:wink:

I don't want them to sing One again. it's a wonderful song but i don't like the idea that it now seems to be U2's 'flagship' song when they have more superior songs in their vast arsenal.

I can't imagine they'd do any other song together. I saw it in vegas and I thought it was good. I'd like to see something different but eh...

sweet, another performance of one, i really really wish they would play this song at more events

Wait.....I thought Bono was performing with the Pussycat Dolls....? :scratch:

:wink:

I thought MJB did a fantastic job when they performed One together in the past. Having said that, the bad thing about this news is that we're going to be robbed of a CURRENT song performance at the Grammys. I was anticipating either a full-band OOTS or the killer COBL, and settling on an old standard doesn't really make the case for The Bomb being the album of the year.

I'll take a semi-rare MJB/U2 'One' performance, over a Sometimes You Can't Stay Awake On Your Own To This Song, by just U2. :yawn:

If no one wants to listen to it then... -presses mute-

omg, my fingers... they're so tired now. :wink:

All of U2 will be there according to the Grammy press release, as it says something like "Mary J. Blige will join rockers U2" or something.

:Dreaming of a COBL 'duet' that will keep vocal acrobatics in check but might sound pretty cool: :drool:

:wink:

Stay might be a nice duet.

It's going to be One, though. Because everyone loves One. If it's an extra emotional night, Bono might sing Unchained Melody! Imagine that.

in the past few years, when an artist who's nominated ends up doing a duet, they often do a song by themselves as well.

bono did sometimes with the band and across the universe later on, beyonce performed with prince and then later solo a couple years back, springsteen performed the rising and then did a clash tribute with elvis costello and dave grohl later on... so i would expect, and hope, that u2 will perform more than just the duet with mary j. blige.

As I work for another U2 site, I got the information from a Universal newsletter that U2 will perform Vertigo and then One with Mary J. Blige.

Zoovation said:
As I work for another U2 site, I got the information from a Universal newsletter that U2 will perform Vertigo and then One with Mary J. Blige.
the song that should have been played at the last grammys imo

^Yup. Should be COBL for this one, since it's nominated. How kick-ass would that be to see the whole freakin' theater blown away with COBL???? :drool:

TV viewers worldwide would bow to U2's greatness! :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:
So while it may not be everyones cup of tea in here, at least it will probably go down really well with the general public, rather than U2 embarrassing themselves by playing something like Original of the Species and looking like hasbeens.

So playing a 15 year old song instead of playing something off, I don't know, the latest album, won't make them look like hasbeens?
(This from someone who enjoyed the U2/Blige version of One, BTW. That was used for Shelter from the storm TV special already anyway, and One is way overplayed as a song)

:down: They should play Original of the species.

Last edited:
Zoovation said:

Not that I don't trust the source, but performing Vertigo makes no sense. As someone else said, that was what should have been performed last year. This year, it should be COBL.

Back
Top Bottom