GOYB snippets? (Do Not post Download Links!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, there's some really cringeworthy work with Bono here. Like, I'm going to have to explain to my friends that yes, he said Sexy Boots. Musically it's not bad though, a slight departure, and it seems like it's going to be a really fun rocker. Which is what it should be really.

So did this Austrian station leak the whole song then? If that's the case I'd think it's going to only be a few more hours now.

I think it's closer to Vertigo than most want to admit. For me, the playful verses and nature of what we've heard, Bono's voice, the speed, the central riff, all point to this song being a Vertigo/Zoo Station/Discotheque hybrid.

Yes, there are obvious similarities with those songs, especially Vertigo. But to me now it's more in the sense of them all being in the general category of U2 electro-rocking songs, and not 'this is Vertigo no.2' (which was personally the impression I got from the beach clip). There is also a totally new feel to this song, which does not remind me of HTDAAB, Pop, AB, or anything else they've done before.

Of course it still sounds like U2, it IS U2. But you can tell they've pushed the boundaries quite far, once again. We'll see how the rest of the song (and the album) turns out! :hyper:

i gotta hear the whole song, I am just not feeling these clips...maybe its just me:hmm:

after about 50 listens, I catch myself singing along and loving the little keyboard in the background! we've got ourselves a grower!!!

Crap, my bad. Anyway, the guy messaged me and said

Hi,

It was on an Austrian radio station. They have been playing this clip for the past day or so. Unfortunately the whole song won't be heard until tommorow, hence the 22 sec clip.

So nothing new really...

This is definitely the best quality we've heard so far but still not fantastic. I'm liking it though! Love the beat and the emphasis on drums. I could see this being played in clubs!

I'm liking the lyrics too! "Satan loves a bomb scare but won't scare you!":drool:

Again I feel like we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves with a 20 sec clip here :wink:, but I agree this could be a big hit, as in it could have quite a wide appeal, beyond the fact that any new U2 song will be reasonably successful. It's REALLY funky, rocking and soulful at the same time. And quite catchy.

I looooove how Bono is signing :drool: and the drums are amazing.

first bit reminds a bit of the rhyming parts of "we didn't start the fire" by billy joel... anyone else make that connection?

Ok where are we discussing this now? Probably good to have a different thread to announce the new clip to the world I guess.

This sounds like it could be a U2 song you can actually dance to. That's something in itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom